Book Talk

Favourite childhood books? - Page 2

muffins2waffles thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
This content was originally posted by: chhilt

Ooh... nice topic, Navi! Well... I still love every book I've ever read by Enid Blyton... and I have more than a hundred books by her! I also liked Dr. Seuss books.... and Beverly Cleary books.... Sweet Valley Kids... I might post more later!

I loved the  Sweet Valley series!!!! As well as Secret Garden....😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I have a lot.

1. The Boxcar Children (like everyone else)
2. Nancy Drew! I still love them!
3. Sweet Valley
4. Anne of Green Gables (still one of my fav books)
5. American Girl series
umrao_jaan thumbnail
My childhood bookss-I still read 'em-they comprise the majority of my bookshelf...

Enid blyton i love her for a thousand reasons! The books are funny, quirky and VERY readable! Noddy was my FIRST book series and I remember my mum reading them out. They were so beautifully illustrated. And then...Famous Five, Secret Seven, Five Find-outers, Malory Towers, St.Claire's...right into my teens I read them. they are great-though NOW I don't like the gender bias and everything that I did not notice as a kid!😛

Harry Potter was not actually a kid's book for me-I was around 14 when I first read HP.

Oh..and bits and pieces of Chalet school, baby-sitter's club, sweet valley, saddle club serieses.😛

Plus, Edith Nesbitt,-her stories are so funnily written.😛

EraN
😉

-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Judy Blume! Well her less risque books like Tales of a fourth grade nothing and the fudge ones.

and Roald Dahl..Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, James and the giant peace, BFG, Matilda, etc. Forever classic.

Also,  Series of Unfortunate Events was really popular as well.
cool_yv thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Hmmm...i just loved reading Enid blyton books when i was kid they were too good
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yeah Enid Blyton loved those specially Malory Towers
Also Naughtiest Girl, Sweet Valley Kids, Roman Mysteries, and the Railway Children =D

ammygurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
tom sawyer tom sawyer tom sawyer
hehehe...i loved him....and naughtiest gal series
LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Did anyone ever read the Biff and Chip books??? Common to every school in England I'd like to imagine!...They were Genius!!...

but my favourite would have to be a tie between A Christmas Carol and The Twits (Roald Dahl)
anee_4_life thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
roald dahl and enid blyton were my favourites used to rad em everytime
Alot of my favorites have mentioned previously: Ronald Dahl books, Boxcar Children, Anne of Green Gables, Harry Potter, Beverly Cleary books, Judy Blume books, etc.

So I will go ahead and say The Chosen by Chaim Potok, the Arthur Series, Little Bear series, Nancy Drew series, Dicey's Song by Cynthia Voigt, The Wolves of Willoughy Chase, Babysitters Club series, etc. And probably alot of others I am forgetting.😆