Travel: Repeating destination--Why??

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
why do you again go to a destination.......that is to say,what on earth make you go to a place repeatedly ?what is your motivation? and what can influence your decision before you decide to do so ?

Hmm... that's a very interesting question!  Well, I usually tend to go to different places and not to the same one if I can avoid because I want to see the entire world :)

Well, I have been to Canada many many times - part of the reason is that my Grandma's relatives live there but I love Niagara Falls there.  I have to go there everyone once in a while.  It's just so peaceful to me.  Even though there are always hundreds of people there but  I find a strange peace there as if  I am closer to nature and God.

Once I went to a few mansions in Rhode Island.  Mansions were good, but the ocean in front of them was amazing! I sat on the rocks for a long long time and felt the same peace again as if the ocean was sending out some harmonious rhythm or something.  I just love places like this - water's got quite a powerful calm voice.

-Mahi

Hmm well it depends....I travel to Uni every day because I study there..not like I enjoy the traveling. Whenever we go on vacations we always go India and reason behind that is we have a very close bonding with our family there....I am going this year for the XXth time (lost count)😛
Originally posted by angel_wings

why do you again go to a destination.......that is to say,what on earth make you go to a place repeatedly ?what is your motivation? and what can influence your decision before you decide to do so ?

Well I think memory is a powerful factor in making people return to a place again and again.  We seem to return to something we like in our minds, and a place when pleasant, can conjure up great memories.  So when we have the chance, we like to return to that place, time, and feeling.   Life can be so unpredictable and I think going to a place of which we hold fond memories promises to be like an anchor because it has value as an environment one can control.  Maybe not completely, but a place we have visited before, and enjoyed, offers less risk than somewhere we have never heard of.   For me that place is perhaps England or India, the setting is different from home but at the same time exciting and new.   I love to visit the same shopping markets in India and the same restaurants, because I know their styles are nice and the food is great.   It's true they have sweet memories and at the same time, they are a delight for the senses. 
I think for the most part wanting to see a new place, experience the new culture and lifestyle, increase our knowledge about the locals and also know what we would have missed had we not gone to that locale.

And sometimes we like a place and fall in love with it that we cannot resist going back repeatedly. Also sometimes we have bondings with that place like having done something for the first time that makes you have such pleasant memories that u feel like u are tied to that place due to that and have to visit it
Edited by priya.nair - 15 years ago
Posted: 14 years ago
I've been to India and America a few times because my family lives there. Staying with family you don't have to worry about food and accommodation that you would otherwise consider. Also it can make the trip more enjoyable.

Somewhere I would consider going again is Agra (to see the Taj Mahal) and Switzerland (For the mountains and scenery). Apart from that I would like to discover new cities that I haven't been to before.