Book of the Fortnight - Night

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Well since I didn't receive any recommendations for this time's book of the fortnight, I'll take the honor of picking our next.... 😳

This time's Book of the Fortnight is Night by Elie Wiesel.

First off, I'd like to thank you all for sharing your views on "A Thousand Splendid Suns"! I really appreciate that you all read it with me and we all had a great discussion!

I hope this book will generate the same kind of resopnse too and that all of you will read it with me.

So grab your favorite cup of coffee and get going!

This a Discussion/Comments thread for "Night."  While you're reading it, put down your comments, questions, favorite quotes, and any discussions you want to take place.

Please don't wait till you finish the book, but do put down your initial thoughts and the thoughts while you're reading it.

I'll share some information about the book in advance.  Night is a book by Elie Wiesel and he based this book on his and his family's expecrience when he was sent to a German concentration camp at Auschwitz and Buchenwald during the 2nd World War.

Night is first book in his trilogy - Night, Dawn, and Day - and this trilogy represents Wiesel's state of mind and his feelings during and after the Holocaust.

Have FUN reading and discussing!  

Mahi
Dev. Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sounds great! I'll try and pick up a copy soon!
-Mystery- thumbnail
^ Go for it, Chhilt! It's an amazing book and it's very easy read too! I am going to re-read it too.

-Mahi

muffins2waffles thumbnail
Oh my goodness!!! Sorry I took so long 😳

First off, the book was really sad, especially when I found out that he would never see his mother/sisters again...and it makes it worse that this is a true story. Besides that, his father died as well...Sorry, I can't write reviews on tragic books for some reason...so this won't be very long😳

Edited by MusicalAiswarya - 15 years ago
-Mystery- thumbnail
^ Oh great! It's an amazing book, I had read it a while ago but was going through my collection and internet to figure out which book to do next and this one came out. 

Well I hope you guys enjoy it and after I finish reading "Kaffir boy," I'll re read it to post my comments.

-Mahi

chhilt thumbnail
I got my copy today... I'll start reading it soon
umrao_jaan thumbnail
^^^Wow...you're really quick chiilt. I'll do my best to read it up-have to get it. Thanks for the wonderful post yaaar, Mahi! I was reading the synphosis-and feel like I HAVE TO read itπŸ˜›.
-Mystery- thumbnail
^ It is amazing, Eran! And don't worry even if you get it late, you'll be read to read it quickly.  It's an easy read! Besides I'll have it up for a couple weeks.

-Mahi

chhilt thumbnail

Originally posted by: umrao_jaan

^^^Wow...you're really quick chiilt. I'll do my best to read it up-have to get it. Thanks for the wonderful post yaaar, Mahi! I was reading the synphosis-and feel like I HAVE TO read itπŸ˜›.

Haha... I just have to hear about a good book and in a couple of days it'll be in my hands πŸ˜†
AnotherMiracle thumbnail
Oh wow...the book sound's reli interesting. I'll definetaly be reading this  soon. I'll read it and come and leave my thoughts on the book soon. Thnx4 the recommendation.