the_charm thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hello friends!

Time for another DOTW!

Sometimes, in relationships we tend to set some rules. Like, not taking the fight to bed, giving each other their personal space, etc. We set different rules for different relationships. While rules are good and can help in a lasting relationships but they might be called conditions and we only say that there should be no conditions in relationships and that there should be a spontaneity in relationships.

So so...do you think setting rules are important? Or do you think a relationship should not be bound with rules? And if rules should be set, then what kind of rules?

-L&F Dev Team-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Oh wow, that's a very interesting topic!

Rules rules rules... who actually likes rules?  I bet no one, but I do think they are important to some extent.

The reason is that no one is perfect.  All of us have some problems and some bad habits.  I always say this that true love is when you know the person inside out.  You know his bad habits and his good ones and in spite of the bad habits you accept him and love him.

BUT love also makes you a better person because for that person you try and quit your bad habits. 

For example, I will never tolerate smoking in the house.  So if I have a rule that no smoking in home, then maybe he'll eventually try an quit smoking?

So it's things like that we need the rules for. 

But since we make the rules then we can break them too! And once in a while I think that's necessary to bring in that spontaneity.

-Mahi

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I think in relationship we cant create rules....but its happen automaticaly.....😊and I dont believe in rules....bt I love the Mind rules😊
Hmm.. well i think that in the beginning there is no rules but as u get to know the person then u tend to set some rules, like not do this and not do that.

In a way it helps the relationship as u tend to make the person that ur with the way u want so that may decrease fight on ur part BUT in the other way it may ruin a relationship as well because rules prevent u to be what u want so i guess it all depends on the person that is actually setting the rules and what kind of rules..

Because when i fell in love, u knew abt that person habit and u love that person the way he/she is, setting rules is like changing the person in the way u want it to be so i guess there should be NO rules in a relationship...
Huduga thumbnail
Every relationship has rules.
whenever we define or give a name to a relationship, we fix some rules,rights,duties too
Most of the time it is common sense.
Two friends don't make a rule that we won't pass and tell our secrets to third person.
---
The other things abt setting few extra rules in relationships.
those are not  rules. but are kind of 'good habits in a relationship".
few rules for, so that there will be no misunderstanding, or confusion abt many matters.
---
Other than this,
sometimes ppl make rules, so that they can fight with their weaknesses.
=====
But rules, when one person makes it, and other person doesnt support it.
then there shud not be such rules between them.
=========

Rules and conditions shud not be confused as breaking the 'true love' or 'uncondifitonal love"
If u have a rule or condition, it doesn't mean that, now this is not true love.
Rule is there, bcoz though love is true, but as a person u r not perfect, so u must have rules.

A perfect person with common sense doesn't need any rule. Onece he knows that doing something is bad, he won't do that again. you don't have to make rule for that.

Rules are just reminders abt something bad which  happened earlier, or something bad may happen in future, if u don't follow that.

Edited by Huduga - 15 years ago