Balika Vadhu

BV - Jan 16th 2009 - Written Upate

iloveidiotbox thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Seeing Anandi studying, Daadisa gets mad and drags her from there saying she has loads of work for her. She takes Anandi to the terrace where a lot of mangoes are set out. She asks Anandi to mix the mangoes with pickle masala. As Anandi goes about doing this, Daadisa sits there and watches her. Sumitra comes to the terrace to dry some clothes. On seeing Anandi mixing pickles, she comes running and stops Anandi. Sumitra asks her why she is not in her room. Anandi tells her that daadisa got her there. Sumitra then goes to Daadisa and tells her about Anandi.

Daadisa is shocked. She screams at Sumitra for not telling her earlier. She shouts at Anandi for leading her on by letting her touch her and touch all the mangoes. Gehna comes there and watches. Daadisa keeps yelling at Anandi and tells her that during these days she should not go to the kitchen or puja room. In fact, she should stay in her room, sleep on the ground and not touch anybody. Anandi keeps crying. Gehna is disgusted.

Anandi is sitting on a mat in her room. Jagya comes there and talks to her and tells her to get him some water. Anandi refuses. Suguna comes there and tells Jagya that Anandi is not well. Jagya doesn't understand and wonders what in the world is wrong with her. Everyone minus Anandi go to the puja room. Anandi feels bad. Jagya tries to take the aarti to Anandi, but Daadisa stops him and sends him away.

In the kitchen Gehna is discussing all this with Sumitra. She says that all such meaningless customs should not be followed. She tells Sumitra that a doctor in her village told her that the women were told to rest those 3 days so that they get a break from daily chores, but the religious customs had taken on a new meaning because of this. Sumitra tells Gehna that all this age-old habits cannot be changed.

Gehna comes to Anandi's room to give her dinner. She is about to feed Anandi when Maasa comes there and tells her to stop. She yells at Gehna to not break rules and jeopardize her grandson's life. Gehna is disgusted to hear this.

Precap : Daadisa is giving Gehna a dressing down and warns her not to approach Anandi during her periods. Basanth stops Maasa and tells her to stop yelling at Gehna. Maasa is shocked.

BLOOPER : Why don't Anandi and Jagya know anything about this whole custom? They must have seen Suguna, Sumitra and Gehna follow the same every month.!!!
Edited by iloveidiotbox - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pinkdiamond thumbnail
dadisa is too much.. glad u pointed out blopper that's absolutely true..
lol
jjairam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I personally felt that the writers of the serial decided to pick on this as one of the issues that they want to make a social commentary on and without giving it much thought, just blasted away with a lot of social commentary in the form of Gehna's criticism of the whole ritual.
Otherwise the whole handling was a major blooper - Jagdisia must have seen his own sister follow the same custom- so what was the big deal? Also, in most communities, there are celebratory rituals associated with a girl attaining puberty. This would have been a reason to celebrate, not yell at Anandi. I think the writers did not do enough homework this time and just rushed to judgment on the whole thing.
daddysgirl786 thumbnail
thanks!!!

i was wondering the same thing!!! if the others have to do the same thing then y dont anandi and jagya know about it....plus if for 1 week every month the females can't cook and do anything then who does it all πŸ˜† i don't think dadisa does
AbhiAni thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
[
This content was originally posted by: jjairam

I personally felt that the writers of the serial decided to pick on this as one of the issues that they want to make a social commentary on and without giving it much thought, just blasted away with a lot of social commentary in the form of Gehna's criticism of the whole ritual.
Otherwise the whole handling was a major blooper - Jagdisia must have seen his own sister follow the same custom- so what was the big deal? Also, in most communities, there are celebratory rituals associated with a girl attaining puberty. This would have been a reason to celebrate, not yell at Anandi. I think the writers did not do enough homework this time and just rushed to judgment on the whole thing.

yes..if they really practicing that custom, definitely even a small kid would have definitely know about thisπŸ˜•  and i am sure creatives have definitely not done their homework regarding this, and y this custom is followed till today (not only for religious, but also the idea behind following this)

btw, even today, in urban areas people follow this - πŸ˜›
Edited by naga_mani - 15 years ago
vaishu4 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the lovely update
LeadNitrate thumbnail

nice update , thanks for posting it

This content was originally posted by: jjairam

as far as my knowledge goes, these things were and are still are kept secret from mens in the family, sp  boyz. so i doubt if jagdish would have seen his own sister folowing the custom, or may be it  got covered away some away.Another reason may be because his sister was the daughter of the house and anandi was the bahu of the house, so rules and regulations applied strictly for anandi.
 anandi being his best  friend and when  she was acting such a weird way, it caught his eye?

and again such celebratory rituals  are entirely female stuffs and  normaly males never participated or were told about it.
  old ladies do tend to be really judgemental about this thing as its some thing they have followed and they also wants their daughter, granddaughters to follow. you know,in some places girls r not allowed to go to the kitchen or touch anything or move about even now.
but as far as doctors  opinion go, if you feel ok, it is perfectly ok to carry out with your daily life and even do heavy workouts  in first three dayz

MysticNights thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i agree with the blooper..they shud have noticed for every month! But i do like fact writers are using topics which are real bringing them to light. Balika Vadhu rocks!😳
LeadNitrate thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sportskp

i agree with the blooper..they shud have noticed for every month! But i do like fact writers are using topics which are real bringing them to light. Balika Vadhu rocks!😳

agreed, i mean some soap bringin such a sensitive issue like period forward is really awesome! coz many girls in india has  to face this thing , little or  larger proportion
secretz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Gud thing that they are bringing such things in light.