* Tip of the Week - Enhancing your Nail Growth! *

gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

This week's tip is on how to enhance your nails! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Below are some facts and tips to help grow your nails. Thanks to beauty.indobose.com!

*~*~*~*~*

Enhancing Nail Growth
    Rub the fingernails of one hand across the nails of the other hand for about 5 minutes each day. This will increase nail growth.
    Strong cleaning products and the sun can break your nails. Use a sun block cream while going out into the sun. While doing household chores use a pair of gloves. Use a good moisturizer on your hands each night before going to bed.
    Corners of your nail should not be filed. Filing them will weaken the nail and they will break easily.
    Food rich in potassium, iron, calcium and vitamin B are especially good for your nails. Almonds, garlic, spinach celery, yogurt, eggs and seafood are good for your nails.
    Drinking insufficient water can cause your nails to break.
    If your nails are brittle then do not use perfumes that contain alcohol, as this will further deteriorate the condition of your nails.
    Use four fingers of the opposite hand and knead each finger from the tip to the bottom of each finger. It will relax your fingers.
    Almonds contain fatty acids that are good for your nail. Eat 6 almonds a day and your nails will visibly improve.
    To prevent yourself from biting your nails, make a paste of the gel from one fresh aloe leaf by double boiling it in a pan. Put into a jar and apply this paste on your nails to prevent biting. Ingesting too much of this paste will cause vomiting.
  • To encourage nail growth massage the cuticle and nail with your finger tips.
Some don'ts of good nail growth
    Don't wash dishes without wearing a pair of rubber gloves.
    Do not pick at your nail polish, as you will damage the nail.
    Don't let your nails grow too long as they will break easily.
    Don't use your nails as tools as this will weaken your nail.
    Don't go out in public with chipped polish.
  • Remember to moisturize your cuticles every night.
Some Facts about Nail Growth
    A healthy toenail takes about a year to grow out completely.
    A healthy fingernail takes about six months to grow out completely.
    Nails grow faster in the summer.
    Men's nails generally grow faster than women's.
  1. Nails grow faster on the hand you use most.
*~*~*~*~*

Well Beauticians, if you have any tips regarding our nails to share, please feel free to do so!๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Love,
FnB Devt Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spyrulzdworld thumbnail
i feel soo baad i cant grow my right hand nails becuz i use contact lenses and its difficult to handle lenses with long nails especially when removing lens from d eyes
tht is y i only grow my left hand nails

neways thnks for the tips
Edited by spyrulzdworld - 15 years ago
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the tips Gurprit!!
i've always enjoyed reading the TOTW's....

Rub the fingernails of one hand across the nails of the other hand for about 5 minutes each day. This will increase nail growth

i heard that by doing that ^^ your hair grows๐Ÿ˜† i saw an uncle do it once and thats what he said-and hes bald๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

i like violate each one of those rules...i dont drink enough water, i pick at the nail polish on my fingers, dont moisturize, i wash dishes w/o gloves ๐Ÿ˜† ......**sigh**  no wonder growing my nails are hard!  The top skin of my nails are always chipping off for some reason, so i try to keep clear nail polish on always...my nails are never w/o nail polish(its not a good thing๐Ÿ˜†)!

Like spyrulzdworld ,  we cant grow our nails much because of the damage it could cause our contact lenses =[

-amruta- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angad luver#1

Thanks for the tips Gurprit!!
i've always enjoyed reading the TOTW's....

Rub the fingernails of one hand across the nails of the other hand for about 5 minutes each day. This will increase nail growth

i heard that by doing that ^^ your hair grows๐Ÿ˜† i saw an uncle do it once and thats what he said-and hes bald๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

yeah thats what i have heared. rubbing ur fingernails increases hairgrowth...
ohh and my nails grow fully in like a week or so๐Ÿ˜†..they are naturally VERY long!
thx!

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: *Cutiepie*

yeah thats what i have heared. rubbing ur fingernails increases hairgrowth...
ohh and my nails grow fully in like a week or so๐Ÿ˜†..they are naturally VERY long!
thx!

really? mines take forever! they're never short, but they're not like really long either =[ they always break! just recently i broke my thumb nail, so i had to cut it very short...didnt match my other thumb so i also had to cut that one๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜† its VERY difficult to grow my nails, considering they always break๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†
-amruta- thumbnail
^^ haha..that happenes if i dont cut my really long nails somtimes
i just broke my leg thumb nail.. :(
& my other ones really long and this ones like realls short and cuked is that how u spell it? lol
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Oh thanks for the tips, Gur! My nail grow pretty quickly.  In fact it's rather a pain because I am lazy enough to cut them and they get too long that they start breaking. 

But I should focus on these Don'ts...

"
  • Don't wash dishes without wearing a pair of rubber gloves.
  • Do not pick at your nail polish, as you will damage the nail."

I do them more than often. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

-Mahi

Geet4u thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angad luver#1

really? mines take forever! they're never short, but they're not like really long either =[ they always break! just recently i broke my thumb nail, so i had to cut it very short...didnt match my other thumb so i also had to cut that one๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜† its VERY difficult to grow my nails, considering they always break๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

hi friends i m new in this section . . . well nice post
just wanted to add one more tip that i have tried - massage olive oil daily. it brings out shine in your nails and also make them strong and helps the growth.
Edited by Geet4u - 15 years ago
xAnumx786 thumbnail

Hey..thnx for the post..

My friends say that you should add clear nail polish to your nails its brings out shine and they look healthier

aish_punk thumbnail
Thnx 4 d tips..I'm nt tat crazy abt growin mah nails..bt will try some of these tips..!!