College & University

* C&U Institute OTM - University of Cambridge *

gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Welcome Students to this month's institiute! πŸ˜ƒ

This month's institute is non other than ....

which places number 3 on the World University Rankings!

University of Cambridge in located in Cambridge, United Kingdom.

It places 2nd for Life Sciences and Biomedicine, 3rd for Natural Sciences, 4th for Arts & Humanities and 5th for both Social Sciences and Engineering & IT.

Uni. of Cambridge offers many programs. Some programs available at Univ. of Cambridge are:
  • Anthropology
  • Architecture 
  • Biological Sciences
  • Business Management
  • Chemical/General/ Manufacturing/ProductionEngineering
  • Computing/Information Technology
  • Economics
  • Education
  • Geography and History
  • Law and Legal Studies
  • Mathematics
  • Medicine/Medical Sciences
  • Philosophy
  • Sociology/Social Studies
  • Veterinary Science
  • and many more...

Entrance Requirements
- Minimum entrance requirements for all applicants regardless course and age are: English, a language other than English, an approved mathematical or scientific subject, two other approved subjects.
- Applicants will be expecting to obtain A grades in their GCE A levels. For courses in mainly Arts and Sciences you will be asked to send sample essays that you have written as part of your school course.
- You may be asked to take the Thinking Skills Assessment (TSA) test, which is designed to assess critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Applicants for Medicine and Veterinary Medicine are required to take the Bio-Medical Admissions Test (BMAT) The test is used to assess scientific aptitude.
- The Faculty of Law requires the National Admissions Test for Law (LNAT) It is computer-based and designed to help identify applicants with aptitude and skills necessary for success on a law degree course.
- For more information on entry qualifications go to:
http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/requirements/

Accomodation
Students are offered accommodation by their College for three or four years and they dont need to pay rent during the vacations.

Rates vary according to the type and quality of the room. A single study- bedroom is 65-80 per week for a 30-week year without en suite bathrooms. Rooms with en suite bathroom cost 80-100.

For more info visit: www.cam.ac.uk

Feel free to share anyother information or experiances on/from the Univ. of Cambridge! πŸ˜ƒ

Love,
C&U Devt Team

(Thanks to QS Top Universities for all the above info.)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Oh Wow! Thanks for gathering so much information for us, Gur!

Amazing information and the people who are thinking of applying there will get a lot of help.

Sounds like an amazing university!

-Mahi

Yup i visted there in September, pretty amazing Uni but tough as hell to get into. Those who will get in, are made for life.

Thanks for a the Info GurπŸ˜›

Will add my pics that i took here for you to see the grounds.

click the images to see full size.

Edited by anon - 15 years ago
-Grace- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
wowwww  thanks anon for the pix. ts beeeuutifulll
i didnt read the info. sorry gk but thanks for the info.
instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Why not giving Indian Universities and Institutes any IOTM....?? People from all over the world come here for higher studies....for eg in Delhi University...
We have IIT's and IIM's providing world class education in engineering and management.....
We have Sikkim Manipal University, Jamia Millia Islamia, Indraprastha University, Thapar University, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth  ..etc.....providing excellent education...

Reshabh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Anon and GK , u both has done excellent job..... Pics are also very good... :-)
hatsuyuki-hime thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
This content was originally posted by: anon

Yup i visted there in September, pretty amazing Uni but tough as hell to get into. Those who will get in, are made for life.

Heh, I'm a student typing this from Cambridge so your words are very comforting given the current economic climateπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†