~Simz~ thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Update: 30th Jan 2009

The episode begins with an introduction on Dance India Dance and they say that the auditions were held in 11 big cities. In the audition held in cities 100 contestants are chosen and sent to DID. From 100 contestants only 18 were chosen for the show. The first audition was in Calcutta.

At the Calcutta auditions they show is greeted by the hosts of the show, Tarana and Jay. They show a lot of contestants who shout for Jay. Jay ask if the contestants are ready and pushes the door for them.
The constestants will be chosen by three judges. The judges are introduced next as they are greeted by the participants who will perfom for the judges.

The first judge is Geeta Kapur(GK). She choreographed the famous song ''Roshni Se'' from the movie Ashoka. She says that would like to say to each of the DID contestants, if you are coming here...give your 100%, if you cannot give it... don't come.

The second judge is Terence Lewis(TL). He says that he hasn't done too many Bollywood film because he is very selective and he doesen't want to work just for money. Lagaan was his first film and then Nach that he choreographed. His says that he doeson't want dancers who want to dance, he wants dancers who have to dance.

The third judge is Remo D'Souza(RD). He says that he has worked with many big stars and new stars. The latest song he cherographed is the title song Singh is King. He says that he is going to have a lot of fun and he is sure thats the same with the contestents too.

Audition Room: The judges are seated and they call for the first contestant Sunita Gogoi. She dances on the fast remix song of Mahiya Mahiya.

Judges Comments:

RD: If I would have paid more attention to the music, I would send you home. But, Your dance was very good, You were very fast. I will give my decision after my collegues comments.

GK: I see the potentional in you but i am a bit confused. I would love to hear what Terence has to say.

TL asks  Sunita if she thinks she has right to get the Dance Cap and she says that she is. GK asks her if she taken Dancing lessons. Sunita says that she learnt dancing by watching it on TV. She gets selected and they give her the cap. She is excited.

She is greeted by Jay outside and she hugs him. He asks her how does she feels and she says she feels great and she feels even greater after meeting him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The second contestant is Prasonjit Das who comes on the stage with only a towel around his waist. He dances on some song but gets stopped by TL and asks him on what he is doing. He gets rejected. (sorry my audio didn't work here).

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The episode was basically on choosing and rejecting the contestants. Few were good and few were bad. There was a girl who danced on the song Mast but she was under 15 so she was not choosen. They were few who imitated Mithun Da, but the imitation was so bad that they were shown the door. Mithun walks in and surprises them. He also talks to the participants waiting to perform.

My comments: The concept on choosing contestants was somewhat similar to American Idol. Participants perfoming on stage front of the three judges. I loved American Idol. This show promises to be something different. We will wait and watch.

All the good luck to the contestants.

Simz

Edited by ~Simz~ - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Manusha_Divz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks..yea it was like American Idol...i was laughing like crazy at some of those performances...hahah..but some were really good...
khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
thanks so much...i love american idol...and i think im gonna like this one too.. esp coz the ones participating are not actors..its more fun and fair..
minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks Simz, I'm going to love this dance show! Firstly, because i like dance shows & the concept is really good.
Niceup thumbnail
this reality show seems something different. and one thing have to say ----------------I love the judges n their comments.
_Monu_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
WOW!!
VERY NICE
THANX 4 UPDATE
jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the wonderful update Simran di

The show is really good and the judges are great !!!
Priya_SD thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Wow...can't wait to watch it! Thanks!

Aviance thumbnail

I liked it, looks like it will be a good show.. I loved the little girl, that was too young for the show, she was really good and you could tell she would get better with time, I was just as sad as the judges to see her have to go.