Fashion and Beauty

*ll*Aunty Ki Advice*ll*All Q's about HAIR Here!

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

We are now bringing you our very own....

Every week, We will have this thread where you will find help and solutions to your problems in different areas (hair, clothes, make-up, acne,etc)...lets say like the advice columns in the newspaper😆 OR like a help desk which you find almost in every section on IF😆

This week's topic is...Hair!

As you all know, Hair is a very important aspect of a female...we have to wash it, brush it, and make it look nice for any event!

But is there anything we are doing wrong?

The answer is yes! There are many things that we are not doing right...not using the right beauty supplies, overdoing the  brushing, blow drying too close to the hair, etc.

Here are some typical asked questions about hair:

• Does Brushing Wet Hair Increase Hair Loss?
Yes! It will result in unnecessary hair breakage. Hair is at its most fragile state when it is wet, so brushing hair could pull out strands of hair.

• Do Ceramic Flat Irons seal moisture in the hair or repair hair?
No! In fact heat generated by any styling tool is potentially damaging. What truly makes ceramic the preferred material is that the surface is incredibly smooth. There is no pulling or tugging at the hair, and that prevents breakage and greatly reduces damage.!

• What kind of damage occurs if i dye my hair?
Dying your hair isnt always safe or damage-free. Dye can dry hair out and cause it to break. Semi-Permanent Dye is less damaging that Permanent as it does not enter the hair..But it will fade with time depending on sun exposure and the # of washes.

• How can i make/grow my hair to be longer?
Avoid stress and crash diets. Minimize your intake of salt as it raises your Blood Pressure and stops the blood circulation in your scalp-thus slowing hair growth. Take foods with Vitamins B & E. Trim hair often to get rid of split ends. Heat appliances are strictly forbidden as well as shampooing in hot water. All of these place major friction and stress upon your hair.

Answers from: http://www.hairparlor.com/haircare-articles/

What are you waiting for!?

Ask your questions because they will certainly be answered!
Any hair problems? dont know what hairstyle to do at an event?..anything goes!
&& feel free to answer any questions you know the answer to!😃

Love,

Edited by Jess. - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spyrulzdworld thumbnail
hmmm i need help wid my prom hairstyle
i really dont know how to make my hair for the prom
i hv got medium length hair, silky, slight waves from bottom
and yeahhh it is a skool prom
Edited by spyrulzdworld - 15 years ago
purelyme thumbnail
ok...so i have a few questions about hair if someone can answer
1) how many times in a month/week should we straighten hair so it doesnt get damaged?
2) does putting amla oil, coconut oil, and glycerin help hair grow or become healthier or shiny?

btw its a good topic
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Beautiful topic, Jessie!!

And very nice tips.

I do have a hair straightener but I only use it on special occasions like parties and all.  I heard that using it daily hurts your hair even the ones that say it doesn't hurt your hair, it really does.  And mostly you notice that after a few years, when the hair gives the burnt out look and that can be irreversible.

I suggest don't pay such a high price for a few hours of straight hair.  Hair has to be healthy doesn't matter straight or not.

-Mahi

xAnumx786 thumbnail
Hey. great sect..like the name 'Aunty Ki Advice'..Loool

We know that it's good to oil your hair..but how often should we do it..cos the more often we do it the darker our hair gets..so what is the best way to stop your hair getting even darker but still keeping it healthy? And is there an oil thats good for your hair but doesn't darker your hair...

Thnxx..sorry if you dont understand the post..lol 😳 
-Mystery- thumbnail
Originally posted by: xAnumx786

Hey. great sect..like the name 'Aunty Ki Advice'..Loool

We know that it's good to oil your hair..but how often should we do it..cos the more often we do it the darker our hair gets..so what is the best way to stop your hair getting even darker but still keeping it healthy? And is there an oil thats good for your hair but doesn't darker your hair...

Thnxx..sorry if you dont understand the post..lol 😳 

Really? Oil darkens your hair? I never knew that.  That's interesting.  I have dark brown hair and my mom used to apply tons of oil to my hair when I was younger but I haven't used oil since forever now 😳

-Mahi

Jess. thumbnail
Originally posted by: spyrulzdworld

hmmm i need help wid my prom hairstyle

i really dont know how to make my hair for the prom
i hv got medium length hair, silky, slight waves from bottom
and yeahhh it is a skool prom

I found a couple of hairstyle that i thought were good😃
And considering how hard it is to find a dress, your hair is the least of your worries! Plain straight hair also works😆

i really really love this hairstyle:

my cousin did it for her prom and it looked amazing..but the style also depends on yoru dress...like hers was cut deep in the back, and if hers was kinda higher like a few inches below neck, it wouldnt have looked so great...

to do this one, you have to poof your hair at the front, pin it down, curl the rest of your hair in the back and tie/pin it up in a bun...try it a couple of times before prom is actually near😊 OR go to a salon

Try to keep your hair simple but cute...

like this one:

(hers is kinda messy-but you get the idea) --(this is the hairstyle im gonna do at my prom😛)

This hairstyle works with everything! it is cute and sexy at the same time and it is super easy!

Poof up the top half of hair, leave out your bangs, make the rest wavy/curly--use lots of hairspray!

Hope you liked the hairstyles...and i also found a site you could check out!

http://prom-hairstyle.blogspot.com/2008/05/simple-prom-hairstyles.html

Jessie

Edited by Angad luver#1 - 15 years ago
Jess. thumbnail
Originally posted by: purelyme

ok...so i have a few questions about hair if someone can answer

1) how many times in a month/week should we straighten hair so it doesnt get damaged?
2) does putting amla oil, coconut oil, and glycerin help hair grow or become healthier or shiny?

btw its a good topic

1. Once in a while is good, maybe like once a week?  as long as you arent doing it everyday and using a Heat Protection Serum,  your hair wont be AS damaged. I've been straightening my hair for a long time and my hair hasnt been damaged (much)...except for extra frizziness when its curly, all's fine. Just make sure to use a Heat Protection Serum!
  2. i think it does all of that...at least Amla Oil does...it nourishes the follicles so boosting healthy growth and nice hair
-Mystery- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Angad luver#1

I found a couple of hairstyle that i thought were good😃
And considering how hard it is to find a dress, your hair is the least of your worries! Plain straight hair also works😆

i really really love this hairstyle:

Jessie, I absolutely love this hairstyle!! 😳 Will try it for an occasion.

-Mahi

Jess. thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Jessie, I absolutely love this hairstyle!! 😳 Will try it for an occasion.

-Mahi

i know right? I love it too! but it is soo hard to do! my hair is kinda short, like a few inches below my shoulders...maybe thats why i cant do it properly..i tried to do it right after posting it and no success😆 i didnt use hairspray either😆 i hate hairspray..im gonna ask my cousin how she did it cause i obviously cant do it..**sigh** its easier to tell people how to do it, rather than doing it ourselves😒