•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Exclusive: SRK back with KBC 4

Shah Rukh Khan will be back as the charming host of Kaun Banega Crorepati later this year. The actor is said to have one year left in his contract with the channel and is expected to start working on KBC 4 in the middle of this year.

About hosting a show SRK says, "I did one season of KBC and one of Paanchvi Pass, but I still have contract with Star for one year, so I cannot host any other show outside. I think they are working on things and I am sure soon they will come up with something new. Therefore till that contract gets over I cannot think about hosting anything else. Though my last show did not do that well, so let's see how things work out this timeā€¦"

A source from the production house says, "This year our team has been working on KBC's format. As it is already a hit format is no risk involved. Last year we came with a different format but it was not accepted well. However everything is still being worked out currently. We have just started working on it. SRK has a contract with channel and he did a great job in the third season. Further audiences are also familiar with this format so we are expecting a good response for it. The show will be for the weekend prime time slot like earlier seasons."

So far KBC has had three seasons. The first two seasons of the show were hosted by Amitabh Bachchan. However, with his sudden illness the show was pulled off air mid way in the season and that's when SRK stepped in to host the third season. Last year Khan came back with a new quiz show called Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hai. Failing to garner as much TRPs as their previous seasons, it now looks like the producers are going back to KBC.

Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009--

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090203_10