•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Can someone throw some light on these judges. I mean their contribution to Dance as a profession.
Bcse, I never heard abt them before...
well the dark guy (srry dont know his name) did would you e my bad boy...
thats all i know..
honestly i ve never heard of them either...but im glad that their fair and know abt dancing!
I think only Remo d'Souza has some notable credentials, rest just got lucky enough to get their names attached to Bollywood, esp. the female judge(what was so special about Rosa?? what was the drama all about?)

Remo's depiction of "Chhou" dance was inspiring.

Program Notes

Renowned Bollywood choreographer Remo crosses India to Bengal to recount this colorful, melodramatic, and moving story of the redemptive power and magic of dance. The lame-mute Felai (his name means "unwanted" in Bengali) is rescued from his stormy, motherless home by Manohar, the local dance teacher, who was once in love with Felai's mother. Manohar is embittered about the increasing irrelevance in the modern world of the vibrant tribal dance form known as Chhou, of which he is one of the few surviving masters. He takes the boy to a nearby village, where he is persuaded to begin a new Chhou dance troupe. It isn't long before he and Felai find themselves living amidst the exciting colors and rhythms of the extraordinary dances, which use masks, headdresses, and fanciful costumes to enact ancient tales of the Hindu deities. Felai, captivated by Chhou, begins on his own to try to emulate the dancers, but it's hard to imagine he could ever even begin to approach their athleticism as they twirl, leap, and flip over backwards. Director Remo (aka Remo d'Souza) decided to depict this unique dance form in part because it has never before been portrayed on the big screen. Astonishingly, he filmed this gorgeous widescreen spectacle in only 19 days, and one may well believe that with this remarkably accomplished debut film, he will have succeeded in preserving Chhou dance-once thought to be near extinction after having been performed for centuries in West Bengal, Bihar, and Orissa-and sharing it with audiences around the world.

--Peter Scarlet
Terrence is the only one i had heard of before because he was a part of laagan..his website has more details on his works http://terencelewis.com/
remo did choreography for 'milo na milo' from Lovestory 2050 and some song in Singh is Kingh...
I know all 3 of them are renowned choreographers and worked in many movies. as choreographers.Edited by ramas - 15 years ago
I had not heard of any of the three judges before this show but I am really liking Terrence so far. He is fair.
me neither bt i really lke terrence