DOTF: Scared of the unknown...

Posted: 15 years ago
Hey Friends,

I was talking with my sister about decisions we take in life and about the different paths we can choose in life..(sounds philosophical right.. lolzz)  and afterwards i was left wondering about some things...

In life...It's all about opportunities/chances we get and choices we make..๐Ÿ˜‰
I wanted to do so many things, but i couldn't do some..only because i didn't take the chance...๐Ÿ˜•

I found a very well suiting poem on this issue..

Standing on the outside,
looking in.
Afraid to knock
on the door in front of you.
How many times have
you stood at the threshold
but been too scared to cross?
What is it you fear?
The unknown lies ahead.
What awaits you on the other side?
Only one way to find out.
The door swings open,
Will you enter?

-Tara Simms-

---

Discussion time..

• How many times have you stood at the threshold of a new door, contemplating what you would find on the other side?
  • How many times has fear stopped you from proceeding?
  • And afterwards..have u been left wondering "What if i had done it...?" for the rest of your life..?
  • If you never cross through, you will be left wondering "what if" for the rest of your life. Take the chance, what have you got to lose?
--

Happy Discussing!!
Love,
Gracella

To answer the questions..

I kinda use those word.."What if..." a lot...which kinda shows nah that i didn't took some opportunities i got..and i know why i didn't..!!

I think that we are all afraid of the "unknown".
We are afraid of being judged as well, and because we fear we never get the chance to explore.

The moral of this post it not to fear what you don't understand and to go through life taking necessary chances.
The outcome can be fulfilling or disappointing, but the only way to find out is to take that chance...that is something i have come to know..and i know that many of you will agree with me on this part...right..?

Love,
Gracella
Originally posted by Gracella

• How many times have you stood at the threshold of a new door, contemplating what you would find on the other side?hmmm many a times n now when i sit and analyse now i feel may be if i cud have opted da other way then my brain scolds wid a danda it wasnt meant for me
  • How many times has fear stopped you from proceeding?fear never stopped me am a bit damn care type of person when its decision making time which i think is ryt i go for it wot has fear to do wid it
  • And afterwards..have u been left wondering "What if i had done it...?" for the rest of your life..?thnx god till date i dont regret for anything as such
  • If you never cross through, you will be left wondering "what if" for the rest of your life. Take the chance, what have you got to lose?yes i always believe in taking chances after life is gambling n a game one cannot sit n wait for da ultimate result u have to act dats wot is my logic
--

Happy Discussing!!
Love,
Gracella

great thought gracie we all think abt it at times nah great great keep it up sweetie
hmmmm.......main kyun bataoon mere life ke  secrets......? ๐Ÿ˜†
haha very philosophical indeed๐Ÿ˜‰

well i m quite happy that i never rly had to say "what if" .. most of the time i will give it a shot even if  i m scared.. n that's the way it shud be right? don't wanna miss out anything๐Ÿ˜ƒ
thameem.............dis is not done hun no secrecy bet frds hehehe

pinky............great
Posted: 14 years ago

can u plz tell me about that
its g8............

• How many times have you stood at the threshold of a new door, contemplating what you would find on the other side?

Many, many times...

• How many times has fear stopped you from proceeding?

I wouldn't necessarily call it fear, but it's more like not enough motivation or belief in myself that I can actually go across and get what I want...so I just don't go for the opportunity.

• And afterwards..have u been left wondering "What if i had done it...?" for the rest of your life..?

Yep...there are a few things I wish I had taken a chance for, which I know for sure thatt I would've achieved if I had tried just a little more.

• How many times have you stood at the threshold of a new door, contemplating what you would find on the other side?hmmm many a times n now when i sit and analyse now i feel may be if i cud have opted da other way then my brain scolds wid a danda it wasnt meant for me
  • How many times has fear stopped you from proceeding?fear never stopped me am a bit damn care type of person when its decision making time which i think is ryt i go for it wot has fear to do wid it
  • And afterwards..have u been left wondering "What if i had done it...?" for the rest of your life..?thnx god till date i dont regret for anything as such
  • If you never cross through, you will be left wondering "what if" for the rest of your life. Take the chance, what have you got to lose?yes i always believe in taking chances after life is gambling n a game one cannot sit n wait for da ultimate result u have to act dats wot is my logic
Very interesting post, Gracy!

I'm not afraid of taking risks if they are worth it.  I just don't think that we should hop on to the every new opportunity we get. Some of them are not worth it.  It takes some thinking to figure out if the crossing the 'new' door is worth it.

I've tried several new things in life that I thought were worth it.  I would continue to do so.  But just because I'm getting a new opportunity, I should always avail it is not right according to me.  Yeah I'm sometimes left wondering 'what if' but at that point I'm pretty much convinced that that 'what if' would not be good in my favor.  So I'm fine with my decision.

-Mahi
Edited by -Mystery- - 14 years ago