DOTF: Scared of the unknown... - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
there are 2 big things in my life that i regret every day of my life since they have happened. And really, i think i'll regret both of them for a long time. It's not that I hadn't crossed the threshold. It was that I had done it. And i regret that I did to it. 1 of those things hurt a lot of ppl i care about bcuz I wasn't giving enough importance to my goal in life. And the other thing is just hurting me bcuz I cared to trust someone here. I thought i would gain a life long friend but instead it just found a leach who doesn't care about any of her friends and instead just drops her problems on me and takes off. Never gives a dime about my problems no matter how big or life threatening they maybe.
Yup, so this is the flip side of crossing that threshold. I guess i wont ever wonder what if...cuz I know.

Hi Gracella .. nice topic

Its happened to me as well .. I guess its because I m a shy and a held back person .. not that I don't speak out but sometimes i m afraid to take the leap.. thinking what would happen if I did this or did that .. but with time I have started to realise that I should not worry too much about the 'what if's' .. I should be confident in myself and my decisions.. the main thing is to believe in yourself and in the decisions u make .. u wont know unless and until u give it a shot and I don't want to grow old and look back and regret about the decisions I could have made but never did ..

Really nice topic hun!

How many times have you stood at the threshold of a new door, contemplating what you would find on the other side?

I always try to think 'glass half full' but when put to the test its harder than you thought it would be... I think no matter how optimistic I am about life I always am oh so nervous before doing anything major or major decisions...

How many times has fear stopped you from proceeding?

Depending on what it is... but a couple of times I did not go through and I do regret that today

And afterwards..have u been left wondering "What if i had done it...?" for the rest of your life..?

FREAKING YES.... not for the rest of my life but if things didn't work out before, I'll always find a detour to get me to where I wanted to go... one way or the other but I won't let my mistake take charge for the rest of my life..

If you never cross through, you will be left wondering "what if" for the rest of your life. Take the chance, what have you got to lose?

you're right... I personally recommend this advice to everyone..

Originally posted by Gracella

To answer the questions..

I kinda use those word.."What if..." a lot...which kinda shows nah that i didn't took some opportunities i got..and i know why i didn't..!!

I think that we are all afraid of the "unknown".
We are afraid of being judged as well, and because we fear we never get the chance to explore.

The moral of this post it not to fear what you don't understand and to go through life taking necessary chances.
The outcome can be fulfilling or disappointing, but the only way to find out is to take that chance...that is something i have come to know..and i know that many of you will agree with me on this part...right..?

Love,
Gracella

I agree with what you have said Gracella.  We are afraid of the unknown and afraid of taking risks,  We tend to wait for someone to do it, and when it works, we copy them. 

And the only way to get over fear is to embrace it.  I mean follow your instincts and accept that not every path will lead to success but it will lead to something. 

Look back and think every time you did something and it worked.  And surround yourself with people who think positively all the time.  Live in the moment, not some back then. 

-Trina
Originally posted by desigrl05

Really nice topic hun!

How many times have you stood at the threshold of a new door, contemplating what you would find on the other side?

I always try to think 'glass half full' but when put to the test its harder than you thought it would be... I think no matter how optimistic I am about life I always am oh so nervous before doing anything major or major decisions...

How many times has fear stopped you from proceeding?

Depending on what it is... but a couple of times I did not go through and I do regret that today

And afterwards..have u been left wondering "What if i had done it...?" for the rest of your life..?

FREAKING YES.... not for the rest of my life but if things didn't work out before, I'll always find a detour to get me to where I wanted to go... one way or the other but I won't let my mistake take charge for the rest of my life..

If you never cross through, you will be left wondering "what if" for the rest of your life. Take the chance, what have you got to lose?

you're right... I personally recommend this advice to everyone..

👏👏👏