Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na

Aastha takes a break - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Aastha takes a break

After Babul Ka Aangan Chhute Na (Sony TV) wrapping up on February 5, lead actress Aastha Chaudhary is enjoying her free time at home watching loads of television shows and movies.

Speaking about her imposed holiday, Aastha says, "I watching a lot of serials and films. I regularly watch Kitani Mohabbat Hai and Balika Vadhu. I really like the chemistry shared between the lead couple. After Aamna and Rajeev, they are the hottest couple on the small screen. As for movies, I saw Dev D, Slumdog and Luck By Chance. I want to see Raaz as well."

But the actress is not just being a couch potato. She's also taken up a few hobbies. Aastha says, "I've engaged myself with painting and I love it. I also hang out at Inorbit mall which is very close to my home. I like singing so I have Karaoke sessions at my place. And then I am on Facebook toh online rehti hu toh time nikal hi jaata hai."

Aastha went to her hometown Alwar soon after she wrapped up with her shooting. She returned to Mumbai just yesterday. She admits to having eaten and slept a lot during her trip, adding, "I also met my friends, including my school friends and teachers. When I went to my school, Baal Bharti, all the cute small kids came up to me and told me that they were regular viewers of Babul. They even called me 'Aastha didi'. It was such a nice feeling. I gave all of them my autograph even though my hands started to hurt after a while. It was just so sweet of them."

The actress also made sure she did her fair share of shopping on the trip, saying, "I didn't buy much for myself but my friends told me to get various things for them such as bandhini dresses, sarees and this sweet called 'milkcake', which is a delicacy in my native place. So I bought loads of that. For myself, I bought a peach colored lehenga to wear to my cousin's marriage next month and a saree for my mom."

When asked whether she is missing shooting for Babul, Aastha says, "Abhi toh 10 din hi hue hain, now I'll start missing it as I realise it's high time I get back to work. I do miss Babul and my co-stars. I am in touch with many of them such as Navniji, Vaishali, Siddharth and Itishree. In fact, we're planning to meet up soon. I owe a lot to the show. Apart from name and fame, Babul has taught me what 'acting' is; it has taught me how to face the camera."

Aastha is all set to get back to work and is looking forward to doing different kinds of shows. She says, "I want to do something like Mile Jab Hum Tum, which has a tinge of comedy. As for reality shows, I want to participate in Nach Baliye but the problem is that I don't have a Baliye," laughs the actress.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090209_47

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Monday, February 09, 2009

• Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters