Telly Stars revive V-Day Memories - Article

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Telly Stars revive V-Day Memories

On Valentine's Day, a day when lovers all over the world express their affection for each other, we asked our telly stars about their childhood Valentines and their plans for today.

Kamya Punjabi:

I properly understood Valentine 's Day when I was in college. Although I never believed in it, I got to know what Valentine's was all about when I used to see guys gifting flowers and gifts to girls.
My childhood Valentine: I don't remember my childhood Valentine but I remember being very excited about Valentine's Day. I used to buy gifts and cards and gift them to myself!

My plans for the day: As I said, I don't believe in it. I'll be shooting throughout the day and if I get time in the evening, I may go out for dinner.

Aastha Chaudhary:

I properly understood Valentine 's Day when I was in my first year of college. The whole college would celebrate. The students couldn't wait for Valentine's Day, especially the boys.

My childhood Valentine:
It has always been Hrithik Roshan. He's my first love and I am still crazy for him.

My plans for the day: No plans as such as I am single. Like every Valentine's Day, it will be sookha-sookha. I may catch up with my friends and go out for dinner.

Shayantani Ghosh:

I properly understood Valentine 's Day when I was during the launch of Dil Toh Pagal Hai when I was in standard 11. The video for that song, with all those heart balloons, showed Valentine's Day in a very mushy way.

My childhood Valentine: No one. I don't believe in all this.

My plans for the day:
I've taken an off from work today. I've a friend who has a book opening so I'll be going there. After that, I'll probably watch Billu in the evening.

Damini Anand:

I properly understood Valentine 's Day when I was in college when a guy who had a huge crush on me gifted me a huge teddy bear and flowers.

My childhood Valentine: It was in my school when I was 15. There was this guy who was very shy and very cute. We both wished each other and went to a coffee shop. I was very happy.

My plans for the day: I'll be shooting for Maayka and, as I am single, I'll go and shop for myself and make myself happy! If I get time in the evening, I might go for a movie.

Ali Merchant:

I properly understood Valentine's Day when I was in college. I saw a lot of my friends proposing to beautiful girls but I was always single.

My childhood Valentine:
When I was in the fifth standard, I had a crush on my English teacher. She was damn pretty and sweet and all the guys liked her.

My plans for the day: Sara is in Kerala for Bidaai so I am single this year too despite having a love in my life. I'll be shooting for my show Ghar Ek Sapna.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/February/News_20090214_85

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Saturday, February 14, 2009