My Food Obession - Page 2

Posted: 15 years ago
Sati, it sounds like a carb craving!  Can you give us the recipe for oats dosai?  I would like to try it out. 

Today it is my turn to fast, well, actually, I eat once a day after my puja at 3, so I have had one cup of milk, one cup of tea, and I powdered 4 or 5 badams and added it to my milk.  In the evening, i will have a glass of milk and a banana.  So far, I am okay.  Just keep on reminding me to stay with this diet.  Good luck, Sati and Caryn!
Sati, go ahead give us your oats recipe.  I am sick of having porridge oats everyday.  I do try to take some fibre daily.  Today, I haven't had it yet.  Maybe tea time.  Forgot to get yoghurt for the office yesterday.

Eljay I know what you mean.  Midnight pangs.  Like you, I never to go to kitchen, instead watch t.v. in the morning until I sleep or until I need to get ready to work.

If you take vitamins, take calcium before you go to bed.  The calcium relaxes your muscles, and you can get good night sleep.  I have been practicing it for last 4 years.  It is good.

Eljay you have a strong will power maa. 😳

My problem carb cravings. 😃
Edited by Caryn - 15 years ago
Originally posted by Caryn

Eljay I know what you mean.  Midnight pangs.  Like you, I never to go to kitchen, instead watch t.v. in the morning until I sleep or until I need to get ready to work.

If you take vitamins, take calcium before you go to bed.  The calcium relaxes your muscles, and you can get good night sleep.  I have been practicing it for last 4 years.  It is good.  Good idea, I will try it tonight.

Eljay you have a strong will power maa. 😳 My will power doesn't last long, Caryn!  It usually weakens and dies after three to four weeks, the most I have ever gone was about two months and I actually lost about 5 pounds then, and then ... the usual stuff, I got the flu and then my diet and everything else was forgotten.  This time, please, don't let me do that.  Bug me.  Nag me.  Do whatever you want to.

My problem carb cravings. 😃  Mine is sugar.😉
dhideer Oats Dosai

1 cup Steel cut oats ( use whatever kind of oats you have)
1/8 cup rice
1/2 cup yogurt+1/8 cup water
Green chillies to taste
salt to taste

Soak the oats and rice in yogurt ( make it mor/buttermilk)  for 1/2 hour. Then grind it in mixie with chillies and salt. I let it sit for 10 minutes. Then take a Non Stick tava, pour your dosai add onions carrots on top of it let it cook like normal dosai and enjoy!

Warning : This dough doesnot have a lot of gluten... so it doesnot stick together well when cooked. IF you make large dosai it will tear, make smaller dosais and enjoy
Non stick tava ellai naa it will tear, then we have to eat dosai porata 😆.. 

Will try oats paratha, the problem with this recipe is the majority ingredient is not oats, so i am skeptical. Maybe oats tomato

Edited by Sati - 15 years ago

I would get dates and eat them when i have craving. Make sure the dates are not processed. It helps in craving.

Eljay: Badam is very good for you only when it is soaked. So next time you eat badam make sure its germinated. Infact all the dry fruits should be germinated to get the real good ness of them 😛Edited by Sati - 15 years ago
Thanks for the recipe Sati

HOw to you germicade dried fruits.  I love dried apricots and cherry tomatoes, I eat them as it is. 😳
Originally posted by Caryn

Thanks for the recipe Sati

HOw to you germicade dried fruits. I love dried apricots and cherry tomatoes, I eat them as it is. 😳

Germinate is nothing but soaking them. We do it with chickpeas ( konda kadalai ) all the time.

Almonds should be soaked overnight , all dry fruits should be soaked to get their goodness.

Apricots can be eaten like that, is it dried. the dried version has al ot of sugar
Right on....... thanks Sati. 
Welcome to the group, eclat!  We welcome your suggestions for healthy recipes and I welcome any nagging from all of you to stop my unhealthy habits (eating sensible during the day and then giving in to temptation late at night and snacking, which is why I have been quiet for the last two days!)
My guilty conscience is bothering me.