Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I don't know if any of you have ever tried this dish.  I make it with radish keerai, which I chop finely.  Heat some oil, fry chopped garlic, then add chopped radish greens, salt and turmeric powder, and fry for a few minutes.  Add water and cook.  When the keerai is cooked, add cooked thuvar dhal, let it all come to a boil together.  Season with mustard seeds and hing, and squeeze lemon juice.  I read somewhere that radish greens are very nutritious, and are good sources of ???, and since I try to incorporate greens into our diet at least three times weekly, today I made this keerai kootu and cabbage curry, and both of them are greens!
Caryn thumbnail
Thanks Eljay

Very hardly we get radish keerai here and most likely we discard them.  ๐Ÿ˜ณ  But we cook other keerais with the style you have mentioned.
eljay thumbnail
I am baking oatmeal bread today.  Will let you all know how it turns out.
Sati thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hey guys,
   I made panini grilled sandwitch. Its not oats but Its different. It has no cheese I used a secret ingredient instead of cheese. Will post pics once i figure out how to do that :)
Sati thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Huh! what has oats got to do with actress ? What is that about ?

Just FYI this is a recipe and diet thread it has nothing to do with kollywood or bollywood or hollywood. We are just group of friends trying to eat healthy :)๐Ÿ˜ƒ with the mods permission ofcourse
Edited by Sati - 15 years ago
eljay thumbnail
CLRalways, please do not come and bother us here with your complaints.  Please take it to the appropriate members and leave us alone.  We are discussing other topics here and this is not the place for you to vent your displeasure.
Caryn thumbnail
Hey Sati and Eljay

I had kiwi smoothie today.  Besh, besh..........
rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Caryn, i tried Oats upma - turned out ok - with a lot of
veggies๐Ÿ˜‰ - and spinach tasted better !!!
Caryn thumbnail
Really Rojs?  Thanks for the idea.  Will try on veggie days. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
jagdu thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Caryn,
I met this guy at the tamil school and he said upma is the breakfast for the fly. on all sunday mornings for his household. This Sunday morning, he went and checked downstairs and there was no rava! Poor guy, he almost ended his obsession!! Fortunately his wife found some semia and made him some semia upma!!