Anandam

Post Aanandam Blues

rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hello folks, here is a thread for venting out all your blues.
This section will be archived soon and will not be open
for discussions. So, what are you waiting for?? You can
post your feelings / frustrations /suggestions etc., etc.,
here and get it out of your system - shoot folks๐Ÿ˜ณ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks Roja for starting this thread.  Since it looks like no one is ready to step up and be the first, I will go ahead and vent out some of my frustrations with this show.

First, all the unresolved issues.  When the producers know that they have a deadline approaching, they have to adopt a systematic method and resolve all the issues.  When issues are left unresolved, it leaves the viewers feeling like they were taken for a ride.  Nobody likes that feeling, and I am sure the producers wouldn't like it either, if they were in our position.  I cannot imagine that this is an overwhelming issue, given that they have a team full of people who are called creatives, and they have a "creative head" to lead this team.

Do you want me to list all the unresolved issues?  Let me invite all our fellow sufferers to vent their frustrations first, and then I will put up my list.

Second, issues being resolved in a fraction of seconds, when they were played up for months on end earlier.  This results in the viewers being left wondering why the excessive importance was given to the issue earlier when it has been resolved so quickly.  Look at the way in which Abi confessed so quickly, or the way in which SKPD was disposed off.  By the way, please also explain these sudden changes in character, such as Abi not even engaging an attorney to defend her, after all the arrogance she displayed in the past towards the police.

I am going to stop here, because this is becoming too lengthy already.  Let some of my fellow sufferers also come up with their views on this show.  I apologize if I am stepping on anyone's toes here, since every person does tend to be protective of his or her creative stuff, and I am sure Anandam's creative team are no exception to this.  These are just my feelings, and they are meant to be taken as constructive criticism, rather than just criticism.
rojapoooo thumbnail
On the dot Eljay - if any one thinks or uses this Forum
as a FAN CLUB which just go gahs over any artist,
sorry , they are in the wrong place. Like I mentioned
earlier, we have a moral responsibility towards the
society we live. These serials defy every single norm and
portray the most improbable. In real life, none of us
have the time or energy to concentrate on just revenge.
This is a platform for some individuals to make money.
And for that, they can say or do any thing and get away??
Anyways, the time has come for some consumer resistance.
Guess these serials should be boycotted totally. I have
decided to follow my heart - which says keep off.

Well,  IF is mostly about serials, discussions centered
around them and updating them. So, Roja has no role
to play here. This is bye bye from Roja. I take this opportunity
to thank all those who supported me - be it coming forward to
update when I went down on my knees or putting up with my
madness or tolerated me when I freaked out about some thing.
It was a long joy ride and I am grateful. Thanks once again
to all of you. God be with you all.

Edited by rojapoooo - 15 years ago
eljay thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: rojapoooo

On the dot Eljay - if any one thinks or uses this Forum
as a FAN CLUB which just go gahs over any artist,
sorry , they are in the wrong place. Like I mentioned
earlier, we have a moral responsibility towards the
society we live. These serials defy every single norm and
portray the most improbable. In real life, none of us
have the time or energy to concentrate on just revenge.
This is a platform for some individuals to make money.
And for that, they can say or do any thing and get away??
Anyways, the time has come for some consumer resistance.
Guess these serials should be boycotted totally. I have
decided to follow my heart - which says keep off.

Well,  IF is mostly about serials, discussions centered
around them and updating them. So, Roja has no role
to play here. This is bye bye from Roja. I take this opportunity
to thank all those who supported me - be it coming forward to
update when I went down on my knees or putting up with my madness or tolerated me when I freaked out about some thing.
It was a long joy ride and I am grateful. Thanks once again
to all of you. God be with you all.

Roja, what is this?  Are you all right?  I mean, why are you leaving at this time?  Even if you never viewed another serial or updated another one, we need you here, just to keep our spirits up.  I am concerned about you and your decision to quit IF.  You have been the voice of sanity (or insanity, if you prefer to call it that!), but I have enjoyed reading all your comments here, and have laughed aloud at your CKs.  Your updates are always calculated to lift our spirits, even at the worst moments of the worst serials (Megala being the foremost in this regard!).  We need you, Roja, we need you.  Do you want me to go down on my knees here?  I would if I could, but am afraid my right knee is not up to the task, so I will go down on my left knee alone.  Uh oh, it looks like I am proposing, but here goes - we need you, Roja, so could you please reconsider your decision to quit?  Am hoping you will reconsider your decision after this plea.
eclat thumbnail
Roja, are you suffering from post anandham blues.. it is just unbelievable.  Please stay Roja.  We need you for all the laughter that you can evoke. 
srima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey Roja don't give us shockers. I am ๐Ÿ’”. Your bye bye is not acceptable. I am eagerly waiting for your KALYANAM UPDATES.

Our serial culture will not change that easily with producers & channelwallas having their eyes solely on TRP. People like u with moral responsibility &  writing ability can make some producers to think & take action. Please ,  do reconsider your decision to boycot them totally.

The laughter your writings bring is the best medicine.

Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
No, thankfully, I don't have any post-Anandham blues and I am positive that many Anandham regulars will migrate to the new Kalyanam serial. It's totally a waste of time and energy to go on and on discussing a mere serial and that too one that has ended, thank God.

I can only hope Mr Viduthalai will do better with Kalyanam since he is starting on a fresh slate and isn't inheriting someone else's mess. The trailers suggest Meena will be playing a feminist role, so it seems as if there's some room for optimism.

And it would be good if some of the newbies volunteer to do the updates and relieve the stalwarts like Roja, who can concentrate on providing constructive criticism.
rojapoooo thumbnail
Blues? for Roja?? aww never - these drags never touch me
in any way - This is just to show that we do not need such craps
telecast all over the world. So many kids watch these serials.
When people like us - the so called emancipated - spend so much
time discussing these worthless stories and becoming fans of actors
imagine the impact on the kids - these rotten ideas will be
planted subconsciously in to their minds and what is the future?

Thanks Eljay, Srima and Eclat for your posts - am glad that my
posts/updates brought a few smiles around - that probably is
the only redeeming feature here for me. But, i have made up
my mind - i do not want to be a party for creating / maintaining
the interest levels. Awww by the way, Atina all these newbies are
originals - not me patting my own back in different IDs ๐Ÿ˜‰
girivanam thumbnail
Thanks Roja akka for opening this thread. Yes the serial had been better during the beginning and middle periods, but after sometime I had lost interest in the serial. Although it had ended,  as Eljay has pointed out rightly, we feel we have been taken for a ride with the abrupt and unconvincing way they have finished off the loose ends.

Any way I am NOT going to be watching kalyanam and think it is time for me also to go (I can already feel Mr.Giri's sigh of relief from across the Bay of Bengal๐Ÿ˜†). Best wishes to you and thanks for being with us. Oh I almost forgot, glad the newbies are also firstbees.
Caryn thumbnail
Thanks Roja for this topic.

Like you Giri, I liked watching Anandham from the beginning, although I missed few episodes.  Then it waned down.  Then it picked up because introduction of ACD.  But then, even ACD's presence could not sustain the ratings for a long time.

What I liked about this serial initially was the social lessons they gave - like wife abuse is bad, reading other people's mail is a no-no, stop the car when answering the phones, etc.

Now, it went to bad, entering people's house as and when they like and then go on to insult the host, evasdropping, carrying tales, terrorism....... eissh.......... I almost puked everything about this serial.

And like I predicted everything is wound up in matter of seconds.  10 years for all the murders Abi was accounted for?  What an insult to juridiciary of India.

Well, I am very glad this Anandham is over now instead of 6th March.  All I can say "Hallelujah" 

TO ALL THE UPDATERS (POORMAI THILAGAMS): 

Thank you very much for your tolerance in viewing this crap serial and for your timely updates which made this thread 'alive' by your updates and kalakals.  Enjoyed every moment of it.

I hope you all are not saying Goodbye to IF. ๐Ÿ˜›   YOu shld not let Anandham chase you away.  ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by Caryn - 15 years ago