Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shalomchinatour thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi,I am from China.Yes,it's right,it's not polite to do this during your tours or mealtime.Most Chinese don't like talking during the meals.If you want to talk,it's ok after meal (no loud voice are welcomed).As for toes,we don't expect to see it unless it's bed time at home or very hot summer time(even in summer time,girls are expected to wear socks).tom
Originally posted by: shalomchinatour

Hi,I am from China.Yes,it's right,it's not polite to do this during your tours or mealtime.Most Chinese don't like talking during the meals.If you want to talk,it's ok after meal (no loud voice are welcomed).As for toes,we don't expect to see it unless it's bed time at home or very hot summer time(even in summer time,girls are expected to wear socks).tom

Wow appreciate the personal input. Also thanks every1 for your comments.

I have observed from my western friends (i am western too, but we mainly hold indian traditions in regard to life style)..My western friends treat dinner time extremely well, some of them eat at a certain time and together. We hardly do that but i thought it was nice.

I think family time is important and over dinner is a good way to connect.

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: AsliiGuy

Wow appreciate the personal input. Also thanks every1 for your comments.

I have observed from my western friends (i am western too, but we mainly hold indian traditions in regard to life style)..My western friends treat dinner time extremely well, some of them eat at a certain time and together. We hardly do that but i thought it was nice.

I think family time is important and over dinner is a good way to connect.

Definitely. That's why it's a rule at my home, that everyone has to be together for the dinner no matter what.  Everyone is busy during the day so we hardly have any meals together but at night dinners are important.

-Mahi
shalomchinatour thumbnail
yes,I agree,dinner is the most important in the family.After a full day work, I need know how was it going with each member,and what to know whether he/she had a good time. Dinner is going longer than lunch time.We had lunch for the rest half day,well dinner for the coming whole day. I am very very happy when I see them at table.What's happiness? I think it's to have dinner together with your most lovers. Tom :)
Henna 786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
hehehe i like the list, i was watching a korean show (Worlds Within [Hyun bin is in it 😃]) and she thought the food was hot or something and she blew her nose.. Lets just say Hyun Bins character didnt appreciate it and called her disgusting lol.. but ive noticed when they take their shoes off outside they tend to wear house slippers - makes sense 😊

I dnt like seein feet - i just think its weird lol
on the other side..there are some cultures where rude behavior (well to us) is actually welcomed.

I was reading somewhere that if you do not belch or leave food on your plate, that means you are not full, and if you refuse the extra food and dont belch or leave food on the plate, its in insult.

yepp im full of facts : )
Inspector Sahib thumbnail
thanks for Sharing Arun 😊
those are some handy tips.
LeoLeo thumbnail
Not taking off shoe is offensive for us indians but it's offensive if you take it off in many countries.
For starters, it stinks if you take off shoes.

Btw, Is this forum build on some existing technology like vanilla?
For example, http://www.loudindian.com is built on vanilla.
Reshabh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
:P  good article
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Very interesting.
thx for sharing it with us.
:)