Dont make these cultural Mistakes when overseas! - Page 3

Posted: 15 years ago
thanks for sharing this valid piece of info with us=)
now i know what to refer to if i ever plan on going to one of these countries without being embarrassed/insulted/humiliated
the eating thing is so true though....at first i thought it was only in my family, turns out its much broader than that..
thanks again
-Aditi

Very useful information! Thanks a lot 👍🏼
for more details

http://www.mastersmindtechnologies.com/educationforum

lols nice list. I am a kinda No shoes at home person as well... tho' it doesnt normally irritate me that much if guests wear it once in a while.. what i found extreamly annoying was - during school and uni days - ppl used to put their feet ON the table with their shoes on! AT lunch times right next to their food!!

😡
haha wow this is rly interesting i never knew people could get offended by the littlest things...thanks for sharing :)
There are things that make us all different, but one thing that we all have in common are cultural norms.

Norms like, greeting, being respectful to elders and being nice. These things go for any culture : )

Maybe....I should post something on the world's cultural "norms"...mmmm i might (wink wink)...
Thanksss for informinggg
I am still weirded out when I wear shoes in house.
Originally posted by snowflake0555

haha wow this is rly interesting i never knew people could get offended by the littlest things...thanks for sharing :)

Kajareeeeeeeeeeeee kajareeeeeeeeeeeee 😆

ur Welcome 😊

i have been over seas many times...And one of the biggest cultural mistakes some1 can make is using sterotypes...

Like when i was in egypt a friend was doing the "Walk like an egyptian dance"...and he was advised that it was insulting...I agree, just being simple and nice is best in a far away place.
Edited by AsliiGuy - 15 years ago
nice article and it reminds me of this famous proverb....when in Rome, do as the romans do...