DLF IPL 2011 Season

IPL starts second innings on April 10!

gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
IPL starts second innings on April 10

MUMBAI: The first match of the IPL-2 series will kick off in Mumbai on April 10, IPL chief commissioner Lalit Modi said on Tuesday. IPL will start
selling tickets for the matches in the next 10 days and will be responsible for the security of the players and the stadia, he said.

Mr Modi confirmed that Ahmedabad and Visakhapatnam were the two new cities added to the IPL venue list. The other probable cities that could get entry into this list are Nagpur and Dharamsala.

The IPL-2 series will be played between April 10 and May 24 with changes in the schedule so that it does not clash with polling dates.

Speaking about the security of the players which have dogged the IPL governing body since the Lahore attacks, Mr Modi said, "Last year, the team owners with the respective state governments provided security to their players. But this time, IPL will take charge of the security, which will be centrally managed."

The IPL has increased its security spends tenfold. It will take the support of a South African security agency and will work with state governments to provide security in the stadium and to the players. "There is a rigorous plan in place," Mr Modi said, adding the schedule and dates for IPL-2 will be announced shortly. Most states have approved IPL's new schedule except one which has asked for a particular date to be changed.

Nicholls Steyn Associates of South Africa has been appointed by IPL to look after the security issues of the players. "Nicholls Steyn will work closely with all state authorities. The 2009 schedule has been carefully constructed to ensure that no matches clash with key election dates."

International players like Kevin Pietersen had reportedly expressed concerns over security but Mr Modi said that "not a single player, directly or indirectly, has contacted the IPL expressing concerns about security."

As per the IPL chief, the tournament has a contracted revenue of Rs 10,970 crore this year, although he refused to share details of the various revenue streams. IPL-2 will also have a new logo.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Alot about the IPL was said in this news article! From security concerns, to dates to venues.

1. This year instead of the individual states taking care of the player's securities the IPL organization will. Do you think this will actually decrease the security concerns?
  2. Are you looking forward to the IPL? Which team are you rooting for?
  3. Was it right for the IPL to be adjusted accordingly to the elections or should the IPL have stuck to their original schedule?

All other opnions are welcome! Lets hope for another fantastic season of the DLP Indian Premier League!

If you are interested in regular cricket or sports discussion, dont forget to check out the Sports/Cricket forum located at the bottom on the page.

Love,
IPL Devt Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Manpreet_ thumbnail

Wooohoooo IPL is almost here......can't wait!  First of all, thank you for the article gk.  Yes, I was waiting eagerly for IPL to start... though i used to be a fan of cricket, due to lack of time i stopped following it, but the magic of IPL just brought it all back......really enjoyed watching it last year.......

With regards to security concerns, as long as everyone is safe and the tournament remains problem free, it will be awesome!  I guess the reason for changing the IPL schedule would be so that the focus doesn't shift either way - if they were to clash. 

All in all, i'm looking forward to IPL.  Herez wishing all the team good luck, as well as to the team i root for which is CSK!

nightangel thumbnail
hope it's already conform now.. so we can enjoy d best cricket...😊
sonataca thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
  1. This year instead of the individual states taking care of the player's securities the IPL organization will. Do you think this will actually decrease the security concerns?

Yeah maybe.

1. Are you looking forward to the IPL? Which team are you rooting for?

Yeah, I am! I'm rooting for KKR!

1. Was it right for the IPL to be adjusted accordingly to the elections or should the IPL have stuck to their original schedule?

It's the right decision, otherwise people may forget to vote because we all are crazy cricket fans and people who watch IPL are even crazier!!

Edited by sonataca - 15 years ago
*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I am supporting KKR!!!😳😳 The onlyy TEAM i have ever loved/liked in IPL!!..Don't knoww but i love the Team KKR to the Core!! Specially coz dada is there!!....*shyy*

Elections are more imp than IPL...LOL tat's the truth....Well it was sad news that IPL had to be shifted from India to Gulf!.....But seeing that was the only alternative left...i am happy...Itss a Welcome news for the Gulf Residing Cricket fan's..they will have all Super Starss Starring in front of them!!.....😳😳

Vortex007 thumbnail

😊   Do you want to know all the News and latest Match schedule of IPL 2009 (South Africa)!!!! Visit the following site where the Individual Team formation, Brand ambassador, Owner and lots of attractive elements are included.

http://20twenty4all.blogspot.com/2009/04/ipl-2009-match-schedule-in-south-africa.html

http://20twenty4all.blogspot.com/2009/04/kolkata-knight-riders-team-brand.html

guddusingh469 thumbnail
The new shedule of IPL is started just after few days we are wating for this i love Mumbai Indians bcs Sachin is there Zaheer is there so we wait 18th
IPL_News thumbnail
great ,lets hope good IPL cricket in South Africa also.