Dancing Queen

Shamaayal wants to fly high- Article

Monu-SunNaa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Shamaayal wants to fly high

Less than a year ago, the young Benaras girl never dreamt she'd ever get to show off her dancing talent, but in that time, she was provided with an opportunity – to compete in a dance show on TV.

TODAY, she stands proud as the winner of the show Dancing Queen. In this interview, she speaks with us about her accomplishment.

What does this title mean to you?
It means a lot to the both Sambhavna (her mentor) and me. Sambhavana has worked very hard. I don't think I'd be able to perform in front of great dancers like Hemaji and Jituji. Now I've decided to take dancing seriously.

What kind of a mentor is Sambhavana?
Sambhavana is a very simple girl. And she always speaks her mind. She has a bad temper, which brings her many enemies, but she's very honest. It is very difficult to find people like her.

What qualities have you absorbed from her?

She taught me to be alert always. She taught me to pay attention to what is happening around me. She taught me to be focused on the goal. She has also taught me to carry myself well, how to wear make-up, how much of it to wear. Also, the type of clothes that is appropriate, among other things.

Which is the best compliment you've ever received?
When I started to follow what Sambhavana's instructions on fashion, people started calling me beautiful, which is a big compliment. I've been a tomboy all my life. When people saw me in tiny clothes and high heals, they appreciated my looks. That was when I thought, 'Even I can look gorgeous'.

How will you spend the Rs.25 lakh?
It's a very big amount. For me, at least! I still can't believe I've won such a big amount. I am really confused. I think I'll have to consult a few people (Laughs). I think I'll ask my parents.

At any point of time did you feel you'd be eliminated?
I never felt so. If I ever we went to the danger zone, it was because of the mentors's opinions and never because of the judges'. So, we've been very lucky because if you get eliminated by the judges, it's very shameful! But yes, during the finale, I was tense.

What was your family's reaction?
My mom is here. But I haven't found any time to spend with her. Once I finish with all the interviews, she will be the first person I meet. I know she's extremely proud of me.

What will you be looking forward to in the future?
Many doors will open for me now. I am waiting for a good offer. Acting offers are also welcome but I would like to give preference to dance shows.

• Vandana Shukla/Hill Road Media
  • Thursday, March 12, 2009
  • http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090312_59 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlessedSexyone thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
    Posted: 15 years ago
    gd luck in all she does in future but seriously fashion tips from Sambhavna and how much make up to wear hahahahahhahaha, i think Sambhavna was playin game there, the don u dare look more beautiful than me game hahahahahahaha.