Chehra Articles Corner:No Comments

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Chehra.

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television. Don't post articles from these two above sites on IF.

Please provide link to the article/source.

Don't post any comments out here. They will be deleted by Dev Team.

Regards,

IF Dev Team

CHEHRA new offering from Star Plus

Published by Jaish at 10:35 pm under Star Plus, TV News

Wrapped in thrilling twists and suspense, this is Fax Bua's man ki kahani of Bandini's destiny towards an unknown destination called 'marriage'. Watch the tale unfold on STAR Plus, from March 16, 2009 at 10 30 pm, every Monday to Friday!

Chehra brings an exciting new twist to the axiom 'what you see is what you get'. A thrilling tale of suspense and drama, your weekdays will never be the same again. Set against the picturesque locales of Kasauli, Chehra will keep you on the edge……. 'jo dikhta hai wo hota nahin'…….
fax-bua
The story revolves around a young girl who is full of life and explores the world in her wheel chair. Chehra traverses through the Bandini's life, her undying spirit and her life after marriage. A 24-year- old girl, Bandini, is full of life, witty and loves nature. Handicapped in an accident, she has taken her disadvantage in her stride and doesn't let pity and sympathy bring her down. Her life takes a 'U' turn when she meets a young, dashing, wealthy business tycoon- Garv. Bandini is stunned when this most sought after bachelor proposes marriage to her when he has many beautiful & wealthy girls waiting for him with bated breath!

Friends, neighbors and relatives all are stunned by such a good proposal for Bandini. Some think it's pure luck while other's think it's just her good karma. But there is more to what meets the eye! What awaits her in the future? Why does Garv marry a physically challenged average girl? - A happily married life or a life full of suspense and heartache?
hritu-dhudani-as-bandini
Commenting on the launch of Chehra, Mr. Keertan Adyanthaya, EVP & GM, STAR Plus, said, "STAR Plus has an exciting line-up of shows in March and we are constantly adding new genres to our current repertoire of shows. With Chehra, an exciting potboiler weaved with dramatic twists and turns promises not only to entertain viewers but also keep them guessing about Bandini's destiny!"

A perfect story of dreams coming true, love at unexpected corners, danger, anxiety, despair, conspiracy……… hold your breath as the story unfolds …………. Premiering on March 16, 2009 every Monday to Friday, at 10 30 pm only on Star Plus.
mohit-raina-as-garv
Chehra Cast

Fax Bua - Loud and humorous, she's always joking but is nobody's fool. She's practical and realistic in any controversial situation
Bandini - Hritu Dhudani – The protagonist who is a handicapped but is a very loving, caring and humorous girl who takes her disability in her stride
Sujata - Geetu Bawa – Is Bandini's younger sister who admires her a lot
Shashikant - Rajan Bhise – Is Bandini's father who loves her daughter a lot
Garv - Mohit Raina – A young, handsome business tycoon who marries Bandini
Karan - Narein Jha – Garv's elder brother and India's best plastic surgeon
Nirmala - Nishiganda Wad – Garv's mother and a very strong woman.
Kishan - Sunil Shinde – A very successful businessman, Garv's father has become a recluse after a major accident that affected his brain.

http://www.moviejini.com/tvjini/2009/03/chehra-new-offering-from-star-plus/
Star Plus replaces 'Kachehri' with 'Chehra' on 16 March

Indiantelevision.com Team

(9 March 2009 10:00 pm)

MUMBAI: The arrangement to garner more and better TRPs from the prime time slots in the Hindi GEC space only seems to be getting tighter with every passing day.

Come 16 March and the Hindi general entertainment space will witness one more player Star Plus throw up a new bet (read show) in the prime time slot to up its GRP grades.

Earlier this week, Zee TV too announced the launch its new show Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, also on 16 March, but for the 9.30 pm slot.

Replacing Aap Ki Kachehri, which is currently undergoing a 'season break', the new show Chehra on Star Plus will be telecast at 10.30 pm from Monday to Friday

Chehra is the story of Bandini, a 24-year-old handicapped girl who has taken her disadvantage in her stride and doesn't let pity and sympathy bring her down.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k9/mar/mar88.php
Telly shows ki bharmaar

Last month, viewers were promised a new era of shows on all television channels. And now, several shows with unique concepts have begun and more are queued up to start in the coming weeks.

We take a look at the new serials that are worth a watch on the small screen.

Chehra
Channel: Star Plus
Date of start: March 16
Day and Time: Monday to Thursday, 10:30pm
Star Cast: Vipul Roy, Geetu, Ritu and Mohit
Plot: The story revolves around a young girl named Bandini who is full of life. She is wheelchair bound due to an accident but still believes in living life to the fullest. The story takes a turn when a very handsome guy proposes marriage to her.

Burey Bhi Hum Bhale Bhi Hum
Day and time: Monday to Friday, 7:30pm
Star Cast: Ashiesh Roy, Manoj Goel, Ashutosh Kulkarni, Shruti Bafna, Harshada Khanwilkar and Preeti Joshi.
Plot: The serial showcases two families with different approaches to life. It will be a combination of comedy and drama, throwing light on family values.

Hamari Ladli Bebo
Day and time: Monday to Friday, 10pm
Star Cast: Shiv Shakti, Kawaljeet Singh and Vandana Sajnani.
Plot: The story is about a very cute and innocent girl named Bebo who is loved by her entire family. The Punjabi family prayed for a girl child for many years and then Bebo was born. She is the ladli of the rich family and is adored because she is a girl.

Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari
Channel: Colors
Date of start: March 9
Day and time: Monday to Thursday, 9:30pm
Star Cast: Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Akshay Anand, Vaishnavi, Mugdha Chapekar and Karan Wahi.
Plot: The story revolves around Chandni, the little overprotected girl in the Chawla family. She is the only girl born after so many years and hence demands all the attention.

Na Aana Is Desh: Laado
Date of start: March 9
Day and time: Monday to Thursday, 10:30pm
Star Cast: Abha Dhuliya and many new faces.
Plot: The show is based on the very sensitive issue of female infanticide, which is still practiced in many parts of India. The story revolves around a village where the birth of a girl child is still considered a sin. If the newborn is a girl, then she is sacrificed in the name of God.

Koi Aane Ko Hai
Date of start: March 13
Day and time: Friday and Saturday, 10pm
Star Cast: It will be episodic, with new faces every week.
Plot: The show is based on socio-horror-based true stories. Every week will showcase one story, based on real-life supernatural stories, which have taken place around the country.

Sabki Jodi Wahi Banata.. Bhagya Vidhata
Date of start: Not decided, will launch next month.
Day and time: Not yet decided.
Star Cast: Richa Soni, Atul Shrivastava, Meena Nathani and Pooja Yadav.
Plot: A marriage takes place but the groom has been forced into it by the girl's family and well wishers. However, after the wedding, it is the girl's life that is made miserable by her husband's family.

Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo
Channel: Zee TV
Day and time: Monday to Thursday, 9:30pm
Star Cast: Aditya Lakhia and Ratan Rajput.
Plot: The story is about a teenage girl who is very optimistic. It focuses on how the girl shows courage when it comes to helping her family in times of poverty. This girl helps her father by earning in the village in any way she can.

• Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media
  • Monday, March 16, 2009

• http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090316_77
    Mohit Raina: No difference between big and small screen

After trying his luck in films, and his most recent Don Muthuswamy bombing at the box office, Mohit Raina has, understandably, come back to his television roots. In fact, he argues that in today's times, a small screen hero is equivalent to his silver screen counterparts.

MOHIT will be seen playing a lead character in the serial Chehra (Star Plus Mon-Fri at 10.30). We caught up with Mohit and found out more about his involvement on the show.
    Tell us something about yourself.
    I am originally from Jammu; I completed my studies there and came to Mumbai three years ago. Though I started out as a model, it was my dream to become an actor. One year ago, I did a movie with Mithunda called Don Muthuswamy. Though it did not do well, I was not disappointed as I got the chance to work with a legendary actor.

What made you take up Chehra?
    The story of the show made me take up the offer. Chehra's concept is unique so I was ready to take it up. I didn't want to lose this opportunity to play a character who has so many different shades. The audience will like my role for sure. I believe that there is hardly any difference between the big screen and the small screen. People nowadays are coming back to TV. In the end, acting, no matter where, is just about your performance as an actor.

What is your character all about?
    I am playing Garv, a young business tycoon. He has achieved a lot at a very young age; he handles a huge business empire yet he is still grounded. He is very warm and wants to be the best. Garv goes for a business trip to a small town and there he meets Bandini, who is handicapped. He likes her attitude and slowly falls in love with her. The plot is a love story as well as a thriller. When they decide to start their new life together, twists and turns take place.

After Don Muthuswamy released, what kept you busy?
    For any actor, it is difficult to get a chance to perform. I had an accident and I was recovering from that for a month. I got this offer two months after the film. I did try to do films but nothing worked out so I decided on this option.

Mohit was also seen in Antariksh. He says that it is always a risk to choose a different show but you have to take it. He adds, "Nowadays, the audience has become very choosy and that is why I feel they will like our show."

Mohit makes his entry on Chehra at a later stage in the show.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090320_105

Nishigandha: Chehra has got class

Nishigandha Wad, who was last seen in Waqt (Sony), is back on TV with yet another show called Chehra (Star Plus, Mon-Fri at 10.30pm). Nishigandha talks about her character's importance and how she manages doing both Hindi and Marathi serials.

Tell us about your role in Chehra.
    I am very grateful to Yashji and Mamtaji of Beyond Dreams (the show's production house). They had faith in my ability to portray the role of Nirmala. There are a few important characters on the show and Nirmala is one of them. I play Garv's mother. Her family has a huge business empire. She has an idea of what her bahu should be like. Her first bahu is a Page 3 socialite and so she wants a girl like that.

How is your character different from other motherly roles on TV?
    She is a strong woman who does not breakdown if her family is in a difficult situation. She holds the family together during trouble and is strict too. Her husband is ill so he is not in a condition to handle the business. Therefore, this woman takes charge and manages the family. Her husband is brilliant too.

Tell us about the plot of the show.
    It is not just a suspense thriller. There are two families and the drama revolves around them. Every character has a mysterious side to them. They all have different shades to their character just like the people in our lives. Not one of them is goody-goody here. My character will be angry, happy and so on; she mirrors daily life. It is all very human.

What do you think about the unique title of the show?

It is suitable for the story. It was suggested by the channel and the production house. The creative team was also involved in deciding the title. We are here to present our Chehra to all of you.

Nishigandha is also doing another show in Marathi. She says "It is difficult to manage two dailies together so I will not be able to accept any other show now. In between, I did do a show for Rajshree productions. Then I was offered this. I accepted it because I liked the character; it is not a routine serial. The atmosphere is very nice here and the show has got class.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090327_134

Mohit Raina saves Hritu Dudani from drowning

Hritu Dudani, Badini of Chehra (Star Plus), had a tough time when she performed her first ever stunt for the show. She fell into the water and was saved by the quick action of co-star Mohit Raina.

"I was a little scared since it was the first I was doing a stunt. I did two scenes near that lake. However, when we were shooting this one, I lost control of the wheelchair and fell into the water. I can swim a little, but it was also raining at the time," Hritu told us.
    The actress added that her co-star was near her when she fell. "Mohit immediately rushed in and got me out. I was breathless, wet and shivering. I hurt my leg and hand, and was running a fever after the accident. Since it was a continuous shot, I could not rest. I simply changed my clothes and resumed the shoot. The good part is that scene turned out really well and everyone liked it," she added.

For now, Hritu is enjoying the fame her first show has got her. "People really like it and I have been getting good reports not only from India but also abroad. My family and even my neighbours compliment me. People ask me how I play the role of a physically challenged girl so well. It is only three weeks old, but I am hoping it will become a big hit soon," she explained. Before Chehra, which started on March 9, Hritu used to do commercials.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090410_46