*Aunty Ki Advice--All about the FACE! *

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

To our new...

We have come up this thread where you can find help and solutions to your problems...This is our personal little Help desk where you can ask questions about the theme us FnB dev team members have picked out...

This week's topic is...Your Face!

Our Faces are the first thing people see, so we want to be looking our best all the time. Us Females have to do many things like wear make-up and keep face clean from acne(just like guys).
Lots of times people arent doing things correctly.

Are you wearing the correct shade of Foundation? Is your blush too dark or too pink? Is you make-up over done? Are you washing you face too much?

There are many ways we could go wrong, so it is really helpful to ask questions about things that have to do with our face. It is better to get advice from someone who actually knows what they are talking about =] Like the people here in the FnB section. We are all here to helpπŸ˜ƒ

Here are some typical asked questions about faces:

1) What causes pimples?
Pimples form when your pores get clogged. Clogging can be a result of: Dead skin building up, Bacteria gathering up, Overproduction of oil by glands(hormonal changes), and Oily products(make-up, moisturizers,etc).

2) What should I apply on my face to keep it healthy?
Stay out of the sun-Sun damages skin and causes premature aging.

Say no to Cigarettes: Harmful oxidants which head straight for you skin cells, leaving you with wrinkles, discolouration and a loss of elasticity. Will cause discoloration as time goes on.

Eat Antioxidants: Foods such as prunes, cranberries and blueberries help neutralize harmful oxidants in the body and therefore, to some extent, prevent skin aging and deterioration.

Vital vitamins: Your skin relies on vitamins and minerals for cell growth and repair, Vitamin C is particularly important for firm, supple skin.

Sleep: It really is vital to get your beauty sleep. Your skin repairs itself during rest which is also why it's important to moisturize before you got bed. Give your body all the help it needs and it will repay you with healthy, young looking skin.

3) Are Facials beneficial?
Benefits: Slows down the aging process and achieve younger-looking and healthier skin. It is also used to relieve stress, migraine headache, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), sinus congestion, Relaxation of facial and eye muscles, relief from tension headaches and facial pain

There are alot of people here to help those in need =]
&& dont forget that anyone can answer questions, if you know the answer...feel free to answer it!

Love,

FnB Dev Team

p.s. For home remedies check out this linK:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1126495

Edited by Jess. - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey, its a gr8 topic.
looking forward to discuss it with other members

-amruta- thumbnail

:One most important tip:
Is to wear Sunscreen every single day.

Sunscreen should be applied every day to exposed skin, not just if you are going to be in the sun. While UVB rays cannot penetrate glass windows, UVA rays can, leaving you prone to these damaging effects if unprotected. For days when you are going to be indoors, apply sunscreen on the areas not covered by clothing, such as the face and hands. Sunscreens can be applied under makeup, or alternatively, there are many cosmetic products available that contain sunscreens for daily use because sun protection is the principal means of preventing premature aging and skin cancer. It's never too late to protect yourself from the sun and minimize your future risk of skin cancer.

Don't reserve the use of sunscreen only for sunny days. Even on a cloudy day, up to 80 percent of the sun's ultraviolet rays can pass through the clouds. In addition, sand reflects 25 percent of the sun's rays and snow reflects 80 percent of the sun's rays.

hope this helps guys.
-amruta- thumbnail

*Tip: for Fresher looking, Smooth Skin*
The secret is to exfoliate:)

Exfoliation is the removal of the oldest dead skin cells that cling to the skin's outermost surface.
Exfoliation is an important part of both facials and body treatments When done correctly, exfoliation leaves the skin feeling smoother and fresher looking.

The objective of exfoliating is to remove dead cells from the skin's surface which will result in skin with a fresh healthy glow. Regular exfoliation over time, will increase the skin's capacity to absorb moisture, reduce fine lines and diminish acne.

*But Remember - Do not over exfoliate(esp people with sensitive skin) or this might irritate your skin!
turning it bright red..& whatnot.

One of my favorite exfoliationg scrub is  - St Ives apricot scrub, i love this stuff.
i would suggest not using it if you have sensitive skin, and dont rub too hard or it will irriate your skin.

hope this helps:) , amruta.

Edited by -amruta- - 15 years ago
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for both the tips Amruta...i try to wear sunscreen every day cause i get SUNBURN...it sucks 🀒 my cheeks get all red =[

&& i also use St. Ives Apricot Scrubs too =D
it works great and leaves skin feeling fresh and smooth!
-amruta- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jess.

Thanks for both the tips Amruta...i try to wear sunscreen every day cause i get SUNBURN...it sucks 🀒 my cheeks get all red =[

&& i also use St. Ives Apricot Scrubs too =D
it works great and leaves skin feeling fresh and smooth!

yeah your welocme:]

but dude guess what? i just discovered this new thing about like hairloss and aging
etc..which i discovered while surfing the net lol

im going to soon post a articles in the topic section take a look at it!

Edited by -amruta- - 15 years ago
miss5stars thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

what doo you guys use 2 remove ur makeup? 😳
-amruta- thumbnail
Originally posted by: miss5stars

what doo you guys use 2 remove ur makeup? 😳

You really want to know? i use like sesame oilπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
haha it removes my mascara and stuff quite well and for other face makeup
i use a cream cleanser!