-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Here's your friend Mahi bringing you the Quote of the Week.

Where love rules, there is no will to power; and where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other. - Carl Jung

How do you interpret this quote? Does it have any important meaning?

Do you agree that where there is love, there's no will to power?

Are Love and Power negatively correlated according to you?  Meaning is it necessary that one requires the absence of the other?

Do share your thoughts!

Mahi
Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pooj@ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I feel that love is of different types... One the the overly affectionate...othe admiring... and others... Where there is Love there is a serene equality.. However such love is rare if there is any.. Because with a person, likes, dislikes, egos and ambitions come in the tow... Where there is pure love, there is submission from both sides and acceptance of course... Obsessive love has the tendency to dominate(if we can call it love....that is...) Love is the epitome of energy and the highest is of course Universal Love... That is why I think the ascetics who contemplate and spend their time connecting with the cosmic energy (what I call god at least) lose all worldy ties and materialistic ambitions.... Power does exist with love... Actually I think Love feeds Power but only the pure love can feed the unprjudiced power
Pooja