Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: bharat9

D & D: part 2!! Here I come!

Question:
Did all the 4 brothers (R, B, L, S) had twins? We know, Luv Kush were twins, but i dont know bout the others?
And no girls!!!

Rimi

Ananya is right. There is no mention of LBS having twins.

With Rama & Sita, had they not had twins, they'd have had only 1 kid, since that kid would have been born @ Vamiki's, after which Sita would have had no way to conceive any more kids from Rama. That's not the case with U-L, M-B & S-S - they were never again separated, and would have had the opportunity to have more kids. I think that's what likely happened. Also I think that Shatrughan's kids were born in Mathura after he conquered it, and grew up to become rulers of that kingdom.

None of them had any daughters.

Vr15h thumbnail

From the previous thread

Originally posted by: Ananyacool

Regarding Bhrigu's curse affecting Sita more, I'd like to say that aren't curses are all about the same??

When anybody is cursed/punished, the ones who are associated with them are most affected. You agree with this?
Often the repercussions of curses and punishment affects all the people associated with the one who is cursed.
One mistake from Ravan cost the lives of his entire clan ,isn't it? Ravan's sons ,wives and citizens didn't have anything to do with Ravan's mistake of abducting Sita yet they all were punished.
When Bhrigu cursed Vishnu that he'd bear separation from his wife in his life as human being, those associated with Rama also were cursed/punished in a way. What would pain Rama more? To see Sita suffer so much, thats what currses are all about.
Lav-Kush had done nothing wrong in any way, nay! they didn't exist even ,then why were they separated from their father?
Rama to paid a heavy price for the curse he bore, he never got to see the infancy n childhood of his sons which is considered the most precious thing in a father's life.
Curses and punishments are not always direct, In this illusional world each n every being is assoiated with somebody and our actions always affect those whom we're associated.
A law can physically punish the one who has wronged but the mental agony is suffered by the ones associated with him/her.

Ananya

Thanks. That's a very good explanation - can't argue with it.😭 But all the public trials and tribulations were of Sita - particularly her chastity, which was nobody's business (gee, I wish it was BJ Clinton running that Ayodhya 😈) but theirs (this is not an argument about whether Rama did the right thing, but whether the Ayodhya people had any business looking into Sita's private life - good or bad). While Rama's suffering was intense but private, Sita had to undergo (aside from the physical hardships of living in the ashram) another public humiliation when asked to prove her chastity and second time, and before that, who knows what she might have heard about what was being said around the kingdom about her and her exile. If someone wanted to curse Sita prior to all this, s/he couldn't have come up with a more lethal curse.

As far as the kids go, once they were 12, they got back their family (a bit like Rama's return to Ayodhya after 14 years) but had to go through the traumatic experience of watching their mother get humiliated and then losing her😭😭 And that's not even counting any questions they might have gotten from their friends as to who their father was

Edited by Chandraketu - 15 years ago
bharat9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks Ananaya and Chandra bhaiya for answering my question! I also thought so that BLS didnt have twins but after watching yday's epi i thought that mayb im wrong wid my info!

chen2chic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey!

Hope you all remember me... 😉. Was down with viral fever the past 4-5 days, and now am better............

Wow...this thread has come to its part 2, great!!!

Quite interesting discussions going on, guess I got to pick up speed...
ananyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good to see you back Chen di , surely you were missed in all the discussion that went on... and glad to know that you've recovered 😊
Vr15h thumbnail
Yep, Chen2, was wondering where you were, glad to see you recovered.
Savi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Guys my querry is still unanswered though i put it on earlier thread and its locked now i am repeating it hope u guys will answer
my query is Ramji skin color was blue....
which actually make him differ from other ppl...
so doesn't tht create curiosity among ppl.. tht is he a normal human being or some avtaar

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: sam1903

Guys my querry is still unanswered though i put it on earlier thread and its locked now i am repeating it hope u guys will answer
my query is Ramji skin color was blue....
which actually make him differ from other ppl...
so doesn't tht create curiosity among ppl.. tht is he a normal human being or some avtaar

I don't think the color was blue blue like they show in the serials/movies, but more dark-hued. Shri Ram and Shri Krishna were described as having dark skin that gave off a slight hue of blue, so I think that's why people did not suspect Ramji as God.
Savi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

I don't think the color was blue blue like they show in the serials/movies, but more dark-hued. Shri Ram and Shri Krishna were described as having dark skin that gave off a slight hue of blue, so I think that's why people did not suspect Ramji as God.

thanks di but as per my knowledge their skin color has a blue tint too...
it was there in Ram Charit Manas but i was not aware of Valmiki Ramayn has they describes there or not...

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Yes, Ram's colour was dark - mostly referred as black. There is a poem in Kambaramayan in which Kamban says no one could determine his true colour - a very cute poem - one of my favourites in Kambaramayan.

Ayodhya Kandam - Gangai Padalam - The first poem of the chapter

Transliteration:

Veiyyon olli thanmeniyil virisodhiyin maraiya
Poiyo enum idaiyaallodum illaiyonodum ponaan
"Maiyo, maragadhamo, marikadalo, mazhai muhilo,
Aiyo, ivan vadivu!" anbadhor azhiya azhahu udaiyaan.

This poem describes Ram going into the forest with Sita and Lakshman.

Translation:

The Sun's rays merge (disappear) into the expanding glow of his skin. Along with the woman who seemed to have no hip (meaning that she was so graceful and thin) and his younger one he went. "Is it kajai ( I think that is the Hindi word for it)? Is it emarald? Is it the blue sea? Is it the rain clouds?? Oh! What a form he has!" - He has a form with untainted (indestructable) beauty that everyone wonders this way.

The analysis of the poem that was told to me by my Tamil Professor in college:

Ram was blackish in colour - black is the colour that absorbs all light. The reference probably means that all light gets absored into his form. In Tamilian culture, graceful women are often referred to this way - the ones considered graceful are the ones those who have a barely visible hiplines. Ram's skin colour was contemplated by all - they did not know whether it was black or emarald green (a kind of deep and dark greeen) or deep blue of the sea or the hue of the rain clouds.

I hope I have explained properly.