Doubts and Discussions from the Ramayan II - Page 6

Posted: 15 years ago
@ chandra bhaiya and ananya,
thnx for your answers.

so, Sita ji was introduced to others as Sita and not as Vandevi and am i right to say that all or most of the ppl in the aashram knew that she was Shri Ram ji's wife Sita then?
Originally posted by bharat9

@ chandra bhaiya and ananya,
thnx for your answers.

so, Sita ji was introduced to others as Sita and not as Vandevi and am i right to say that all or most of the ppl in the aashram knew that she was Shri Ram ji's wife Sita then?
You're Welcome.
Yep at least Valmiki and the women to whom Sitaji was intoduced very well knew that she was Sitaji, wife of Ramji not as Vandevi
Vibs dear, Welcome to the goldie club!!  πŸ₯³    πŸ₯³

Thank you Lalitha Janaki, Rimi and Ananya. It feels really good to join you all πŸ˜›
Originally posted by Chandraketu

Thanks Vibs for everything you've found out and posted.

Sambala I read somewhere is a village in UP. So it would become the capital of the world (meaning just India, or the world in whichever year it is?)

So this assumes that all present day governments/state setups will be destroyed, and there will be a reversion to a monarchy? I think that's cool! Also, will Padma, unlike Sita, have a happy life, or will she have to suffer. Please tell me that unlike Rama, Kalki doesn't have any pre-existing curses following him? And hopefully doesn't incur any between now and then. And hopefully, Kalki is never separated from Padma.

One other question. Normally, when Vishnu had a military objective of destroying evil, he assumed kshatriya roles, as in Rama and Krishna, although Parashurama was a notable exception since kshatriyas themselves were the problem. But in this case, Kalki has a clear military mission like Rama, and given that, why is he coming as a Brahmin rather than a Kshatriya? (Please don't be offended by the question - it's just that since it's not a post-caste setup (or is it?), wouldn't a kshatriya role be more appropriate, like in Rama or Krishna)?

Sorry for such a delayed response. Since the book I refer to was in Tamil, the translations took some time. As it is, the information was quite vague at some points.

Thanks for the information on Sambala. I haven't heard it so far.

So far, I have not heard of any information about curses that may follow Kalki. This Avtaar seems to be a conquest of all lands. I don't think Kalki will be separated from Padma or Ramaa. I wonder if he will have children. Since he installs other people as kings, I am doubtful of the fact.

I too wondered why Kalki needs to be born as a Brahman, but I think its so because he has to establish the Krita Yuga. But I don't understand how a Brahman who wields the weapons and behaves like a Kshatiriya will be considered by the upcoming Krita Yuga (No offence meant, these are just my doubts).
Originally posted by ananyacool

You're Welcome.
Yep at least Valmiki and the women to whom Sitaji was intoduced very well knew that she was Sitaji, wife of Ramji not as Vandevi

Now i'v a doubt. If that lady, to whom Valmikiji introduced Sitaji and gave her the responsibility to look after Sita ji, knew that it was Sita ji then why did they shw in the old Ramayan that when Sitaji reveal her indenitiy to LuvKush she gets surprised and so did Luv Kush. (Ofcourse, Luv and Kush didnt know that they were the sons of Sita-Ram, only after the Rajsua-yug).

Did you say the other ppl living in the aashram also knw that she was their queen?
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Thank you Lalitha Janaki, Rimi and Ananya. It feels really good to join you all πŸ˜›

Welcome Vibs. Its feel great to have you in our club!!😊
So, you think this calls for a party then?😊

Now i'v a doubt. If that lady, to whom Valmikiji introduced Sitaji and gave her the responsibility to look after Sita ji, knew that it was Sita ji then why did they shw in the old Ramayan that when Sitaji reveal her indenitiy to LuvKush she gets surprised and so did Luv Kush. (Ofcourse, Luv and Kush didnt know that they were the sons of Sita-Ram, only after the Rajsua-yug).
Did you say the other ppl living in the aashram also knw that she was their queen?
Yep in the prev  Ramayan serial Sitaji was intoduced as Vandevi , in this one too..
and I meant , in Valmiki's Uttar kand (written) Sitaji is introduced as 'Sita' not Vandevi.
Maybe anyother version has Sitaji living in Valmiki ashram as Vandevi and that might have beenadopted in the serial.

Welcome Vibs. Its feel great to have you in our club!!😊
So, you think this calls for a party then?😊
It sure does!! Vibs we all are waiting for da party, I want Ice-cream tooπŸ˜†
Vibs - πŸ₯³ A big πŸ€—

CONGRATULATIONS!

Ananya - 1300........woohoo.....yippee !!! Great going gal !!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Chandra - nice videos, thnx!

Now when talking of Valmiki ashram, and RLS meeting him at Chitrakut in Ayodhya Kand, I think he may have been visiting Bharadwaj then, since Bharadwaj was his disciple, and hence RLS meet him there.

But, if Sharughna visited Valmiki ashram enroute to Mathura, I guess probably Valmiki's ashram must have been nearby Naimisha forest, thereby enabling him to visit the Aswamedha Yagna and also Sita able to present herself before the assembly given a day's notice.

Btw, is there a way I can attach any images in my post? I have a map of the Ramayana places.