Ramayan

Doubts and Discussions from the Ramayan II - Page 7

ananyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Chen di, Go to "full reply" editor of ur post-message box, there u'll see the symbol of  click on that pic n you'll see image url tab, paste the link n click 'ok' you're set

alternatively you can copy-paste the pics too.

Thanks for clariying on Valmiki's Chitrkoot ashram n Bharadwaj part 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Another thing about Kalki that strikes me is the return to polygamy. Granted, it was an accepted norm in the Satya, Treta and Dwapar Yugas, as well as much of the Kalyug, but today, it's both illegal and not done. Is Kalki going to re-institute it, or is he just going to be the exception? Reason I ask - he'll have both Padma and Ramaa as his wives - shouldn't he have just 1?

This content was originally posted by: Vibhishna

Sorry for such a delayed response. Since the book I refer to was in Tamil, the translations took some time. As it is, the information was quite vague at some points.

Thanks for the information on Sambala. I haven't heard it so far.

So far, I have not heard of any information about curses that may follow Kalki. This Avtaar seems to be a conquest of all lands. I don't think Kalki will be separated from Padma or Ramaa. I wonder if he will have children. Since he installs other people as kings, I am doubtful of the fact.

I too wondered why Kalki needs to be born as a Brahman, but I think its so because he has to establish the Krita Yuga. But I don't understand how a Brahman who wields the weapons and behaves like a Kshatiriya will be considered by the upcoming Krita Yuga (No offence meant, these are just my doubts).

Vr15h thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bharat9

Now i'v a doubt. If that lady, to whom Valmikiji introduced Sitaji and gave her the responsibility to look after Sita ji, knew that it was Sita ji then why did they shw in the old Ramayan that when Sitaji reveal her indenitiy to LuvKush she gets surprised and so did Luv Kush. (Ofcourse, Luv and Kush didnt know that they were the sons of Sita-Ram, only after the Rajsua-yug).

Did you say the other ppl living in the aashram also knw that she was their queen?

Rimi

The previous serial was not based on Valmiki. The first part of the serial - from episode 3 (after Manthara's apology) centered around Kaagbhushandi, which is a character in the Tulsidas version of the Uttarkand, which has nothing about Rama's reign, Sita's exile or Kush-Luv in it.

That Ramayan was based primarily on the Adhyatma Ramayan, and bits of the Ananda Ramayan, which is why they had that. In Valmiki, there's no Vandevi either, yet there they had that. That serial was very different from Valmiki's Ramayan. Better than the current one in terms of a credible storyline, but still very different.

Also, Kush & Luv aren't kept in the dark about their identity, although they are asked to keep it from Lakshman, and only reveal who their Guru is when offered the 18000 coins. It's only after they had finished everything upto that point that Rama asked them who they were, and they responded that they were Sita's kids (not, as the previous serial showed, as Rama's kids, which led him to ask such crass questions such as prove their parentage - I hope they don't repeat that 🤬 here).

Edited by Chandraketu - 15 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail

Chen2chic

The verses I cited in 2-56-16:18 clearly have RLS meeting Valmiki and telling him about everything that happened. No mention of Bharadwaj in that chapter - he does meet him earlier, and Bharadwaj tells him how to get to Chitrakut 2-55.

Shatrughan could have taken any route to Madhupura, not necessarily the direct road from Ayodhya to Madhupura. Remember that this had to be a discrete operation, or Lavanasura would have been prepared with his trishul and that would have been the end of Shatrughan. So had Valmiki's ashram still been in Chitrakut, he may still have gone there. Incidentally, is the Ganga a generic term to cover all rivers, such as Sarayu, Tamasa, or is it always very explicitly mentioned?

I look forward to your map. Incidentally, I have a fetish for maps, and prefer street level details - so how detailed is yours?😆

Vibs

Don't forget the cocktails😆

Exit question: Is this Braradwaj the same as Drona's father Bharadwaj? Or different?

Edited by Chandraketu - 15 years ago
bharat9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ananyacool

It sure does!! Vibs we all are waiting for da party, I want Ice-cream too😆

me too!

bharat9 thumbnail
@ chandra and ananya,

thnx for your explanations.

Did Tulsidas ji followed Valmiki Ramayan in Ramchritramanas?
Vr15h thumbnail

No, he seems to have followed Adhyatma Ramayan, for all practical purposes. I used to think that Tulsidas was a Hindi translation of Valmiki, until I read about some major differences between the two here:

http://www.geocities.com/bhagvatjee/vraamaayan/notesa/1difference.htm

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: Chandraketu

No, he seems to have followed Adhyatma Ramayan, for all practical purposes. I used to think that Tulsidas was a Hindi translation of Valmiki, until I read about some major differences between the two here:

Thanks for the link; it's very interesting to read.
bharat9 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Chandraketu

thank you for the link.
i'll read it when i get time! 😳

chen2chic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
  Thanks for the link Chandra - the diff. between VR & RCM.....Edited by chen2chic - 15 years ago