~*HAPPY 5th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY*~ HITEN GAURI

Posted: 15 years ago

This was the best news ever heard

Gauri-Hiten set to wed

Indiantelevision.com Team

(27 April 2004 3:30 pm)

MUMBAI: Gauri Pradhan and Hiten Tejwani, the duo that strode into the limelight as the star crossed couple in Balaji Telefilms' Kutumb on SET, are set to tie the knot in real life at a Pune hotel on
29 April.

Hiten and Gauri are ready to take the plunge into real life matrimony

The two, who also did a Kya Haadsa Kya Haqeeqat series (also a Balaji production on SET) are currently acting together in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (also Balaji, but on Star Plus) where Gauri plays Nandini and Hiten plays Karan. While Karan may not get Nandini in reel life, courtesy Ansh, he is all set to make it ring true in real life.

The stage is set for a Maharashtrian style shaadi. "Gauri is a Pune girl, so it was quite natural that we would have the shaadi there," said Hiten, speaking to indiantelevision.com this morning.

Fine, but why not a Sindhi wedding? Laughs Hiten, "I didn't want to have an ostentatious wedding ceremony. I have always believed in simplicity and I was very particular on that."

While speculation on the Gauri - Hiten relationship has been rife in industry circles, both of them had vehmently denied the rumours initially. "We didn't want too much to be written about us until D-day. It's always better to say things when they actually happen," says Hiten, whose simplicity was what attracted Gauri, he says.

While Hiten will wear a sherwani for the pheras, Gauri (who was off screen for quite some time after Naam Gum Jayega on SET last year lived up to its name rather too soon) will drape a yellow coloured typically Maharashtrian saree for the occasion.

The couple will fly to Bangkok for a short six-day honeymoon. "We have adjusted our shooting dates" says Hiten, who is also acting in Kkoi Dil Mein Hai on SET. "We will come back on 6 May and have a reception in Mumbai."

The wedding was held on the morning of April 29, 2004. The venue was Pune's Sun-n-Sand Hotel and was conducted as per Maharashtrian customs. Says Gauri: "All the arrangements were made by my parents and it was a simple affair with 40-50 close friends and relatives. Thanks to the fact that my parents were doing everything, I only had to take care of buying my clothes and accessories. Of course, I had to help Hiten with buying his stuff too. Since my parents were in Pune, and I had a hectic shooting schedule my close friends actress Mayoori Kango and journalist Arshiya Kapadia helped me co-ordinate the shopping bit."

hitengauri02.jpg (25532 bytes)

Gauri and Hiten at the Wedding

The Reception since they didin't invite too many friends or professional acquaintances for the wedding, the reception at Juhu's Army Club on May 9, 2004 was a relatively big affair with over 400 guests. There wasn't a stage-like setting, but they were at the entrance and mingled with all the guests. The dcor was simple and the menu included a Mughlai spread and some Chinese dishes.

hitengauri03.jpg (27463 bytes)

Gauri and Hiten at the Reception

Congratz to Fav jodi HITEN GAURI
on there 5th wedding anniversary
👏

For you

With loads of Love

Priti

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
awww...cuteee..n yup we can deffa celebrate cutie's anniversary in this thread..aww...have 5 years of wonderful togetherness passed so quickly😍...aww...remember when gauri was asked she said the years have passed so soon!hehe n then hiten asked her whether it was a gud thing or a bad thing and she replies at once that "ofcourse its a gud thing!!❤️!🤗" hehe its my fav lines of thr interview😳
minisaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
lovely pics of hgt, ght looks so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Edited by minisaaa - 15 years ago
Cupcake4GHT thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
happy wedding anniversary to our gorgeous and beautiful couple hiten and gauri heres wishing you lots of success and happiness for the future
husasi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Happy anniversary Hiten & Gauri 
Wonderful Preity...its great to have this new fc for hg....5 years back i got to hear this news and on dat moment itself i faintd...i was on the top of the world...i felt as if i had never got a chance to here such a fabulous and a great news...Hiten and gauri entered the tv industry thru an endorsement for breeze soap....that was the day when i lost my heart to them....I kept on staring them thru out the ad though it was a very short one...i could not keep my eyes off them....From that day itself i became a huge fan of theirs...and the day when i saw them being cast together in a such a great show like kutumb i was totally surprised and i felt that i had conquered everything.....nothing was as important to me as them...till todays date they have never let me down...they have given me so much of hapiness that i am lacking out of vocabulary to express my feelings..its gud dat we all hg fans are here to pray for them...this is a wonderful platform indeed where we all have got a chance to praise them and to bless them...thanks to preity aka wazupp...hip hip hurray👏👏👏
adeela thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
yeah we will celebrate gauri hiten's anninversary in this thread.GOD bless ght together forever and we wil see them together on and off screen always. Edited by adeela - 15 years ago
tsaian thumbnail
wishing u a very happy wedding anniversery to hiten and gauri
gHT_BEST thumbnail
CONGRATS ON THE NEW THREAD , WISHING GAURIHITEN A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY , MAY THEY LIVE MARREID 2 EACH OTHER VERY  HAPPILY FOR EVER TOGETHER BLISSFULLY , ROMANTICALLY AND MAY  WE  THEIR FANS BE BLESSED 2 SEE THEM TOGETHER ROMANTICALLY TOGETHER OFF SCREEN AND ONSCREEN FOR EVER N EVER HAPPILYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY😳.INSHALLAH AMIN AND MAY GOD SAVES THEM FROM EVERY EVIL INSHALLAH:)😳 Edited by gHT_BEST - 15 years ago
Mehruhgt thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

oh god rossmery u r too much .......just go away from here .........