Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammygurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
hahaha....last sentence....cool....Its one of my habits too...:)
But just to make sure whether the protagonists unite or no, No matter what the plot...I read the last page or the page before...😛
-dhruvi thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ammygurl

hahaha....last sentence....cool....Its one of my habits too...:)
But just to make sure whether the protagonists unite or no, 😛

Yupp same here, just for that since most of my novels are romance genre.
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shellytt

Sorry if this topic was started already, feel free to close if a similar topic already exists.

Do you read the last page of a novel first before you start reading?

I know that some peole need to know how a book's going to end before they even start it.  Personally, I can't do that. It ruins the entire experience of the novel for me, if i already know how it ends. Thats why I try to read books, before I see their movie versions, becasue I don't like to ruin the experience. 😊

I do.
It obviously makes no sense when you read it but it just sets up the tone for the book.
-dhruvi thumbnail
^ Navi! I don't know if you remember me, but we talked a couple of times....

But yeah I agree with what you said, plus I have no self-control when it comes to books.

I wanted to add, sometimes I read a couple of pages ahead if it really gets to me and then come back to where I was.
-Navi thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: xobabiicakesz

^ Navi! I don't know if you remember me, but we talked a couple of times....

But yeah I agree with what you said, plus I have no self-control when it comes to books.

I wanted to add, sometimes I read a couple of pages ahead if it really gets to me and then come back to where I was.

Hey, I kinda remember you too :)
Same here! When I flip a page I automatically read the page on the right side before the page on the left side.

Question: Has anyone read LOTR? Would you recommend it? I have a friend whose a crazy reader and she could not get into it at all and also people have told me after you reach around half the book you will become more and more interested it. Any thoughts anyone?
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
OMG, haha! I had to think about this one. With me, it depends on the book. Like, for example it's a book I've been anticipating, and something I really want to read, then I'll read the whole thing properly. And I'll get really annoyed if someone gives me spoilers.

But if it's a book I don't really like, or am just planning to skim through while I'm in a bookstore (usually cheesy romance novels), then I flip to the end and read like the last chapter or something. Haha.

@ Navi: LotR? Did this friend of yours enjoy The Hobbit? Because I did not enjoy Hobbit, but I really enjoyed LotR. It's a little dry at places though, I'll admit. But the beauty of the descriptions and the whole story is there, it's magical once you read the whole thing.

Love,
Radz

-Navi thumbnail
I think it makes more sense to read the Lotr then the Hobbit, so I am used to the pacing of the writing style, you know? Thanks, I'm going make Lotr my winter read :)
namita25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am  bugged  of  this habit  of mine....😆😆 reading last  page   before has  become  my hobby now.....😆...can't do without it.....😆
andromeda_kia thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I always read the last page first! My fingers start twitching if I don't! Sometimes,when there's an epilogue,I read that too!

BTW, LOtR is an awesome read!!!