**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 195)

Post Reply New Post

Page 195 of 201

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain?

Khalil Gibran

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 195)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is.
Jim Morrison

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

atina

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 10 December 2012 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
                              Talaash review

I am an unabashed fan of aamir khan and have been in love with his movies from qayamat se qayamat tak and now after watching talaash yesterday evening at inox,i have actually become a bigger fan of his acting and production skills.There were huge expectations from movie goers for talaash and now that it is nearly ten days since the film has released,the reviews have been great but not so great compared to three idiots and ghajini.Well intelligence dictates that
we should not expect too much of the same from our film people and the exceptions to these are rajini,vijay and salman khans movies.That said i am really curious to know as to why people have not whole heartedly embraced talaash the latest offering from aamir khan the actor and producer.Methinks the majority of people want either the same zany comedies or five fights and five songs formula films for maybe they just want to be entertained and made to forget their daily hum drums for life.

Well,i was hooked from the first scene and left the theater immensely satisfied with the film and most importantly the director reema kagti.There are so many things happening in the film at various levels and yet reema has managed to cook and serve us the perfect meal with all the ingredients.Aamir holds up the film on his
broad shoulders for he is mostly there in every frame and yet a few other actors like rani,Nawazuddin Siddiqui and kareena  match his pace and stride and deliver equally stunning perfomances.Rani even without makeup looks really hot and sexy with those sarees showing a little bit of mid-riff.wow,i have got to admit east or west,north or south indian women in sarees are simply a stunning sight and a force of nature.The scenes where she confronts her husband aamir about their son and most importantly the scenes where she expresses her turmoil with just expressions,rani steals the show with her subtlety and intelligence.The director in these scenes of intense emotions has let the camera and mood do the talking instead of making the actors spew lines.It works great for i really believe that a look can really convey a thousand words.

Kareena looks hot and sexy and really transforms herself into a creature from the redlight area.Sadly her character does not have much to act although the whole film hinges on her character.The scenes where she flirts and seduces aamir were really arousing and that was what which was intended and it hit home.

Nawazuddin Siddiqui got etched in our minds with his foul mouthed character of deputy khan in kahaani and has rose to greater heights in talaash and really showcases his talents in portraying a pimp and a man friday for the sex workers.I am going to follow his career closely and watch all the films he acts in even if the film sucks just to see him act.

Aamir turns in a subtle perfomance and reveals something different in this film.As we watch his character in the film we get the sense that he is a volcano just about to erupt and yet holds it all tight check and makes sure his role of surjan will be remembered for a long time.Like wine aamir is getting better and better.Many thanks and kudos to him for his perfomance in the film and also delivering this film to us as a producer.In a era where a cop is shown as a larger than life figure,aamir's role as a cop is stunning for its realistic perfomance.

And yes,in the end all credit must go to the director reema kagti for she has done a fantastic job and i wish her greater success.She has not wasted one character and has given life and made every actor memorable for the roles they have portrayed.She has not wasted one scene and every scene links and falls into place as in a puzzle.She brings into sharp focus on how parents suffer when thier child dies and how such a tragedy can break marraiges.And in the background of the film,blurred and out of focus the darkness of mumbai is disturbingly painted out and what people do everyday to get by.It is sad and touching to see the plight of women used and discarded like a tissue paper and all this is sharply in the foreground although it is visually in the back ground.

Films are in the end illusions of reality and when the titles start scrolling on the screen it is with a sigh we raise ourselves up from the seat and get back to reality when in reality the scenes we see everyday are much worse that in films.

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 3:35pm | IP Logged

Alone

From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow; I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone;
And all I loved, I loved alone.
Then- in my childhood, in the dawn
Of a most stormy life- was drawn
From every depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still:
From the torrent, or the fountain,
From the red cliff of the mountain,
From the sun that round me rolled
In its autumn tint of gold,
From the lightning in the sky
As it passed me flying by,
From the thunder and the storm,
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view.

By
Edgar Allan Poe

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 12 December 2012 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
                                YEAR END LISTS

The year is drawing to a close and it makes me wonder where most of 2012 has flown away.This is a list of songs which i listened over and over again.I am starting with slow and mushy songs which i have to admit stay for a longet time than those trendy pop and dance numbers.This list is what i liked and listened to and i know most of might like or might not like and yet i am sharing them with you.

2012 HINDI SLOW SONGS

AGNEEPATH-O Saiyyan

Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu-Aahatein

Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu-GUBBARE

Ekk Deewana Tha-Hosanna

Ekk Deewana Tha- Kya Hai Mohabbat

Jodi Breakers-Mujhko Teri Zaroorat Hai

Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya-Tu Mohabbat Hai

Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya- Piya O Re Piya

KAHAANI-Ekla Cholo Re

AGENT VINOD -Raabta

blood money- Jo Tere Sang

HOUSEFUL 2- Right Now Now

VICKY DONOR-Mar Jayian (Romantic)

VICKY DONOR- Pani Da Rang (Male)

Jannat 2- Tujhe Sochta Hoon

barfi - Aashiyan

barfi - Kyon

Dangerous Ishhq-Naina Re Tu

jab tak hai jaan--Saans

jab tak hai jaan- Challa

Ek Tha Tiger-Saiyaara

TALAASH- Jee Le Zaraa

cocktail-Daaru Desi

cocktail-Tumhi Ho Bandhu

Cocktail-Jugni

atina

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 1:51am | IP Logged
How to get into Heaven from Scotland

I was testing the children in my Glasgow Sunday School class to see if they understood the concept of 'getting into Heaven'.

I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big jumble sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven?"

"NO!" the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the garden and kept everything tidy, would that get me into Heaven?"

Again, the answer was a resounding "No!" 

By now I was starting to smile.

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave sweeties to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven?"

Again, they all answered "No!"

I was just bursting with pride for them.

I continued, "Then how can I get into Heaven?"

A six year old boy shouted,  "You Got to Be Dead" 

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 13 December 2012 at 1:51am | IP Logged
An old Woman was asked,
"At your ripe age, what would you prefer to get
Parkinsons or Alzheimers?"

The wise one answered,
"Definitely Parkinsons -
Better to spill half my wine
than to forget where I kept the bottle."

atina

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
"AND YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING NUTS

At last an explanation:

Ever walk into a room with some purpose in mind, only to completely forget what that purpose was? Turns out, doors themselves are to blame for these strange memory lapses.

Psychologists at the University of Notre Dame have discovered that passing through a doorway triggers what's known as an event boundary in the mind, separating one set of thoughts and memories from the next. Your brain files away the thoughts you had in the previous room and prepares a blank slate for the new locale.

It's not aging, it's the door!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top