Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

light_dark thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
hi pat,spain,bonheur,caryn,meli,rojapoo,serial 123, and to all the other sweet members,

I got into chennai today morning.The shooting in courtallam,madurai went off well.I think it will be telecast in singapore,malaysia,indonesia sometime towards october.Well more than acting in it i am happy and proud to be part of an international project for the sole reason that i wrote both the stories and the script and dialogues.and add to that i am also the co-producer for both the episodes.unlike acting the burden of producing is tenfold and i don't know if i will attempt something like this again for a long time.i am posting both the stories so you can review them.will write soon.thanks for the reviews and comments on kalyanam.

satish

MOHINI(THE UNDEAD)
                      ----------------------------------------------

The story is about Jayavarman and his friends who accompany him to his ancestral home to renovate and convert it into a resort  which is situated in a very dense forest.Jayavarman's friends are Raja an architect,sheela his fiancee and Ramya who is an expert in traditional arts.But when they reach there Raja unknowingly removes a nail which has been hammered into an evil looking scary tree.This innocent act unleashes a powerful spirit which had been locked into the tree for a very long time.Once unleashed the evil spirit mohini decides to kill everyone for she wants revenge against the people who were the cause of her death.The mohini taking the form of ramya seduces raja and asks him to go for a walk with her in the forest in the middle of the night.But once in the forest she changes into mohini and kills raja.
                       Jayavarman,sheela and ramya discover raja's body next day hanging from a tree and call the police who inform that some wild animal must have killed him.But selvam the housekeeper
informs jayavarman that this is the work of the mohini.He then goes to the nearby village and brings a very powerful witchdoctor who tells them thet he will help them.He then uses tantric rituls and locks the evil spirit into a doll and throws into a sacred fire.Peace finally returns to the forest and everybody is safe.Jayavarman decides against making his ancestral home into a resort and leaves it as it is and returns to the city.

THE RETURN
                                ------------------------

The story is about rajeev and his wife manju who are travelling to a hill station where rajeev grew up as a child.once they reach the house they realise that they have to stay there for a few days because the roads are blocked due to bad weather and landslides.But from the first day manju starts experiencing strange things like seeing photographs change positions,seeing somebody else's reflection in the mirror while bathing.she is not sure that she should ask rajeev about that but then one day a shopkeeper says that strange things have been happening in their house and that the people in the town avoid it.Finally when she asks rajeev about it, he says his stepmother died falling from the terrace.Manju realises that all the strange happenings around them is somehow connected to rajeev's stepmother.
                            Matters soon escalate and turn scary when one night rajeev wakes up and finds manju missing.Searching for her all over the house he reaches the terrace where he sees the ghost of his stepmother about to push manju from the terrace and kill her.He cries to her for mercy and only then it is revealed that it was actually rajeev who killed his stepmother 25 years back.Hearing his cries for mercy and confession the spirit forgives him,releases manju and goes in peace.

Bonheur thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Congratulations, Satish. Writing the stories and dialogues as well as acting in them and handling the production is quiet a feat. I shall remember to watch out for them when they are telecast here in Singapore.

Mohini has shades of that Jothika-Rajnikanth-Prabhu movie (can't remember the title). The main difference is that one of the protagonists actually dies. The ghost in the second story is strangely a magnanimous ghost which spares Rajeev's life though he was the one who in fact killed her. Presumably the stepmother was evil and the ghost has now repented after hearing Rajeev's complaint about her behaviour?

The ghost story has traditionally been a popular genre of Malay film in Malaysia/Singapore (since the black & white days). I've never seen any of them but I think they were appreciated for the chill factor, acting and production quality.
Edited by Bonheur - 15 years ago
atina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Welcome back...Satish, Thanks sending that PM......and will wait for our mail.

So you are a "Sagala Kalaa Vallavan" ha?  What a tallent..... as bonheir mentioned above....acting, writing story / script..and producing...all at one go.....👏👏

Congrats and good luck once again....

@ To all the fans of Satish....( I am sure there are so many silent readers are viewing this pages...please come out of your shell and post your appreciation and questions to Satish)

Satish has promised to send some pictures to me....as soon as I get them..I will post here......Be on the look......
thanks
Edited by atina - 15 years ago
atina thumbnail
@ Spain:

I am opening another thread in other topics...."Missed IF and friends"

and I will be moving all the posts from here to there......( I mean your buddies saying hi to you)......

So it will be easy for Satish when he visits here to go thru the comments.....

Thanks
Edited by atina - 15 years ago
atina thumbnail
Originally posted by: spain

down memory lane.....

Hi Satish,

My name is spain....
my real name is.....well, you already know that....

It's great to see you and your messages again at the forum. I've been out of touch with tv serials for the past two years. But even then, the familiar names and familiar faces still bring a big smile to my face.😃

After many, many months I logged in again...only to find a sweet message sent by one of our well-known members here....meli. I've known her, atina, bluegal, dasa and many other good friends during my short but active discussion at the bandham forum. That was nearly two years ago. And they still remember me!

I don't post messages anymore because I am busy with work. (For the uninformed, I'm in the medical profession). I haven't really gone "missing"....I just never had the time to visit the forum.

I miss the good old members of the discussion forum, including dasa. He, bluegal and I had endless mind-twisting debates with the bandham storyline. We enjoyed ourselves and we bonded so well.....

The funny part was that the bandham creative team couldn't figure out how people from different countries could be so knowledgable about tamil tv serials!! I remember actor Deepak once wrote quite frankly to me that he was scared of my comments! I think they changed the entire storyline because of us and our witty discussions.😆 We twisted everyone's brains two years ago in the bandham forum....that everytime someone read my message, there would be a new topic discussion for the week.....

I miss those good old times. I miss atina and bluegal a lot. They are still active members of the forum and dedicate a huge amount of their time to make the discussions here lively and interesting. But I also miss a dear friend called dasa. For those of you who knew him, he had excellent writing skills, had a great sense of humour and was very sharp and witty. On the personal front, he was a very humble and kind friend to me. His comments always brought a smile to my face. Sadly, since his father passed away two years ago...he has been missing from the forum....

It's strange. I have never personally met anyone in this forum. But some of the nicest people I got to know through our comments and discussions....are still here, and I still wish to meet them someday. I may no longer be able to be an active member here, but my thoughts and well-wishes are always with you.

A big warm hello to atina, meli, bluegal and the others.
I can see many new members have joined this forum....
but the old ones....oh, the old ones are always golden....👏

Cheers to all of you!
And you too, Satish.....

Warmest regards,
spain.

The original post is moved to the following thread
rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Satish , good stories - U know why i like them??  Because only
ghosts and evil spirits think of revenge , not normal people
like us 😉 - So all these serial characters who use up all their
waking /sleeping hours on planning vengeful activities can be
conveniently categorized to being ghosts /evil spirits. I am glad
that your stories show normal people as normal ones - good
going , will keep an eye out and watch them when they are telecast -
be rest assured that Roja will give you an honest critical  report.
Edited by rojapoooo - 15 years ago
srima thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice stories Satish & excellent  location selection , especially Coutrallam. Nice Falls, must have enjoyed it.

Hope to see you writing stories for Indian audience too.
Caryn thumbnail
Hi Satish

Thank you for the news you are giving to us.  Congratulations on your new venture, writing, producing and directing.  Wish you all the success.  I am sure once you have tasted the success of directing and producing you won't look back.  All the best to you.

Like Bon informed you, ghost pics are very famous in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia esp among the Malay race.  But then other races like Chinese & Indians are not left behind, though I remember seeing locally produced indian horror movie in black and white, but not in colour.

Bon, recently I have been watching (at the expense of Kalasam) ghost serial from Singapore and if I am not mistaken it is called Incredible Tales.  What is different about this stories, they are taken into account of psychological/scientific  theory of the story.  It is quite interesting.
atina thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi Buddies,

I am posting some  good pictures from Satish's portfolia which he sent to me.....Enjoy and start posting here again.......all the clouds about Satish's "joke Post"  is cleared...please feel free to ask him questions as usual. and I am sure Sathish will soon visit here too.

Edited by atina - 14 years ago
atina thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Kutty & Cute Satish

Edited by atina - 14 years ago