**Missed IF and friends**

spain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Moderator's Note: (atina)
Hi Buddies,

I am opening this thread for members who were very active and for some reason they had to discontinue....But when they come back.....they don't have any idea where to catch their buddies......Hence I thought this thread can be the first place they meet their buddies and then they can go else where....visiting other sections....

This is staring with Spain's posts  ( from Australia) who posted in Kalyanam thread....since she was not sure which section to go......( I have also moved all the other posts who replied to Spain)

Enjoy meeting your old buddies here firends!!!

down memory lane.....

Hi Satish,

My name is spain....
my real name is.....well, you already know that....

It's great to see you and your messages again at the forum. I've been out of touch with tv serials for the past two years. But even then, the familiar names and familiar faces still bring a big smile to my face.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

After many, many months I logged in again...only to find a sweet message sent by one of our well-known members here....meli. I've known her, atina, bluegal, dasa and many other good friends during my short but active discussion at the bandham forum. That was nearly two years ago. And they still remember me!

I don't post messages anymore because I am busy with work. (For the uninformed, I'm in the medical profession). I haven't really gone "missing"....I just never had the time to visit the forum.

I miss the good old members of the discussion forum, including dasa. He, bluegal and I had endless mind-twisting debates with the bandham storyline. We enjoyed ourselves and we bonded so well.....

The funny part was that the bandham creative team couldn't figure out how people from different countries could be so knowledgable about tamil tv serials!! I remember actor Deepak once wrote quite frankly to me that he was scared of my comments! I think they changed the entire storyline because of us and our witty discussions.๐Ÿ˜† We twisted everyone's brains two years ago in the bandham forum....that everytime someone read my message, there would be a new topic discussion for the week.....

I miss those good old times. I miss atina and bluegal a lot. They are still active members of the forum and dedicate a huge amount of their time to make the discussions here lively and interesting. But I also miss a dear friend called dasa. For those of you who knew him, he had excellent writing skills, had a great sense of humour and was very sharp and witty. On the personal front, he was a very humble and kind friend to me. His comments always brought a smile to my face. Sadly, since his father passed away two years ago...he has been missing from the forum....

It's strange. I have never personally met anyone in this forum. But some of the nicest people I got to know through our comments and discussions....are still here, and I still wish to meet them someday. I may no longer be able to be an active member here, but my thoughts and well-wishes are always with you.

A big warm hello to atina, meli, bluegal and the others.
I can see many new members have joined this forum....
but the old ones....oh, the old ones are always golden....๐Ÿ‘

Cheers to all of you!
And you too, Satish.....

Warmest regards,
spain.
Edited by atina - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hi s****a, (Spain),

What a surprise..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘.it is just pleasant surprise when a pm popped up with your name.......I waited two years to see you here buddy.

In fact I sent to requesting a message from you for our second anniversary thread.....( thru e mail) but I guess you do not use that e mail anymore.....???๐Ÿ˜ญ

How ever that is so sweet of you for taking time to post this message๐Ÿ‘.Yes...those good old days....will never come again....no arguements...we were all working and moving togehter.....there was some unity among us in chasing some unwanted elements from our site...you remember all that?

The present DT members are fine too.

The old ones whom you know are still alive and kicking around, they are
rojapoooo, giriadimai, patraj,serial123 and many more.....
Bluegal is busy and she is less active actually...but still maintains Bandham archives......beautifully...and promptly.....Yup as you sais we four were the main updaters....I, you, dasa 1 and bg..... as you see now two updaters are there who are doing good job as well....

MELI SOON WILL BE A MODERATOR OF OUR SECTION๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

dasa 1 is no more here...he completely quit.....rojapooo and giriadimai are still making people to get stomack cramps by their commedy kalakkals.....parraj is as sual busy with kasturi and other updates...serial is less active too...but she will become more active.....

@ to all the others those who do not know much abotu Spain. She is a doctor, who works in Australia now......and she was very active in Bandham forum as an updaters and a critique...Yes Deepak told in his interview that he is so scared of Spain's comments and he also told that those comments helped him to correct his mistakes.......

Hey ...please visit...our anniversary thread.....and post your message.....there

for other details I have sent to you a pm...
Edited by atina - 15 years ago
rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hey Spain, good to see u after a real looonnnggg time ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Welcome back - remember our posts about "POOchi
and POttu??? Atina, those characters are still around or
gone south? Well , this is yet another serial which started
with some promise but followed the beaten path of vengeance,
pazhikku pazhi , rathathkku rathham type !!!
 I am not complaining anyways - these serials introduced some
real good on line contacts / friends for me - talk about
the uses of Tamil serials !!!๐Ÿ˜‰
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
awww....welcome back Spain...its a pleasent surprise to see u again after many months/years.

I still remember the discussions u , BG and Dasa had, used to be a silent reader  n enjoy them....talk about those golden days๐Ÿ˜›

I do remember deepaks interview where he mentioned Sapins comemnts...hehe.

Roja akka, poochi and pottu are not there anymore in bhandam i think๐Ÿค”
Caryn thumbnail
HI Spain!!

It is me Caryn. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ  Yeah, I know you remember me now, we used to PM each other.  Your advise was so useful to me.  I asked Netra where you were and she told me you used to be in Bandham section.  I visited there just to see if you are there, but nope you have disappeared.

So I presumed you might be busy in your medical profession and hence you have disappeared.

Well, don't be stranger, do pop in from time to time. 

Cheers
spain thumbnail
Hi again.....

Aaawww.....it's so nice to see all your familiar names and oh-so-familiar messages again๐Ÿ˜ณ....I really really missed all of you here.....
but what to do, being a doctor in real life is not so easy like in reel life (i.e. tv serials!!)....and so compromises and sacrifices have to be made....

Nevertheless, I will try my best to post messages here whenever I can....or in some other thread....as this thread is not about me, but about Satish! So I'd like to remain in the shadow....while the actor can take centre stage here.....

There is another familiar name I remember very well....Patraj! Oh my god...how could I forget her? I remember when the Muhurtham storyline totally flopped and all the characters changed....she was the only sincere soul writing beautiful updates for the most boring episodes! She is truly an inspiration for writing updates....and yes, I was a silent reader of the Muhurtham forum too.

Actually, I first visited IF because of the Muhurtham forum...and this happened nearly 3 years back. Muhurtham was my first exposure to watching a tamil tv serial. (What an experience, I must say!) But one reason why I did like that serial was for an actress called Vaishnavi. I didn't know any names of the tv world back then...but I liked her face and I liked her smile. I still remember the opening title song of Muhurtham serial....she comes in there for a split second....where she smiles, and her cheeks inflate like two mini balloons on her face.๐Ÿ˜ƒ I cannot forget that smile and I cannot forget that face and I cannot forget that name. So one day when I heard some actress from  Muhurtham passed away....I thought one of the old ladies (who played the mother character roles) must have had a heart attack or fallen down the stairs and passed away. I was totally unaware at that time that a 20-year old would have taken her life away....and that that girl was Vaishnavi. I was truly shocked and disturbed when I heard the news. That's when I saw the Muhurtham thread at IF....and it was at the same time, Satish had posted the news of his fellow actress' sudden and tragic death. It was really sad....and it also showed the deeper darker side of the glamour world. Not to mention, it also gave us a chance to interact with an actor who is so amazingly down to earth and humble to share his experiences with us.

So yes, this thread is meant for the actor who deserves a place of his own here....and once in a while....I will surely drop in a line or two.

Hey, I remember rojapooo, caryn, madhumitas and serial123 very well too! A big Hi to all of you out there!!!! I miss you guys.....b'coz the times we shared here at the forum were some kinda golden memories....they just don't come very often in one's life.....

I will drop by whenever I can....
But just know that all of you are missed very dearly....
And it's always a pleasure to visit the forum.....
Take care....and will write soon.....

bluegal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

hello spain,

nice to meet you like after so many years!!!!
i really missed chatting with you in pm's about our detailed discussion on bandham and everything.

and i remember deepak mentioning that he was scared of your comments when atina interviewed him lol.

that time bandham was draggy so we had many chances to turn the story to our own plot lol and it was really imaginative. me, spain, dasa and atina and a few others. you know that time we only get to 3-4 pages max for all our sweating updates cause there were many silent readers back then (meli, you just revealed yourself hehe). but since then there had been new entries but the old is never forgotton. even bandham had been running in a better direction.

i had to be less active since sometime back due to my work commitments but nevertheless bandham has sentiments on me so i will not give it up thus will support it secretely (hehe atina).

welcome back spain and pls do drop by often visit us whenever you can admidst your busying doctor career!

take care!
madumithas thumbnail

Hi Spain

Its so nice to see your message here. I do remember those good old days and currently i recollect your advice on allergies as i am going through them.,

Like you i am not very active, but do pop up once in a while to get some updates. I am active in the athiradi singer forums and that is coming to a close as well.

I hope you are doing well and good luck on everything.

Hello Satish and welcome back to the forums.

Madhu

Edited by madumithas - 15 years ago
Aanteek thumbnail
Hi Spain,

Welcome back friend!  Wow those days were so good.  I am not very active as Atina said, I come here rarely for the updates, but I miss those days... and all my friends here too.  You reminded me my   Malaraum Ninaivugal...

Thank you!

spain thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey.... hi bluegal, madhumitas and serial123.....
it's great to see your posts again....
I really missed them๐Ÿค—

I will try my best to post messages whenever I can....
looks like most of you are not active members like before.....

That's okay.
At least you still visit this forum.....
which is still a great way to "catch up" with all the great Malaraum Ninaivugal...as serial123 aptly puts in.....

I can see so many new members here....
but it's still great to see the old golden ones๐Ÿ˜›
Missed all of you here.

Well, Bandham also has this strange sentimental effect on me too....
but I no longer follow the storyline or the characters in the serial....
and hence stopped visiting that thread.
I do remember how we all liked the unique Deepak-Preethi pairing
when the serial first started off.....
wondering if they could get married in real life as well....
but I guess that was not meant to be....as I did see the pics of
Deepak's wedding and Preethi's wedding on the bandham thread....
not surprisingly, to different people. Nevertheless, I wish my favourite stars a happy married life...to whomever they have chosen to marry.....

I still remember how everyone went crazy over ACD of Anandham fame....and it looks like the heights have gone even further to dedicate an entire website to his name. I was not surprised about that either.

But what I'm really curious about is about the sudden quiet exit of our dear friend and old member, dasa. I can't find his name anywhere on this forum. Any idea what happened to him? All I remember was that his very last post was nearly two years back to inform us that his father passed away. I wish he were still here with us at the forum.....

Anyways, it's always a pleasure to write to you guys....
I hope all of you are doing well...in your respective careers and personal lives....
my best wishes are always with you....
will catch up later.....