Book of the Fortnight: The Age of Shiva by M. Suri

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

I hope all of you are doing well!! It's time for a new....

It's time for our second suggested book called "The age of Shiva" by Manil Suri.  This book was suggested by Lalitha a.k.a. _LalithaJanaki_.

Thank you so much for your discussed on "A Child Called It!" 

I hope everyone will enjoy reading this book too!

So grab your favorite cup of coffee and get going!

This a Discussion/Comments thread for "The Age of Shiva."  While you're reading it, put down your comments, questions, favorite quotes, and any discussions you want to take place.

Please don't wait till you finish the book, but do put down your initial thoughts and the thoughts while you're reading it.

We hope you will enjoy the book and the discussion!  

The last suggestion I have received is:

Chander992 -  Poison Ink by Christopher Golden

If you want a book to be read by the forum, please send you suggestios to me and I will put them up in order as I receive them.  Thanks once again for sending us your suggestions! We really, really appreciate it!

Mahi
Dev. Team
Edited by -Mystery- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
Thanks for putting the Age of Shiva up for discission Mahi!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

It's a really tragic book but a very good read. The main character is Meera, and the book is basically about her life from the age of about 17 or 18 to 40, and there's a lot of politics in it too about the time period in which Indira Gandhi was PM of India. This book really makes you think back about the troubles our parents or grandparents went through during that time, and we find ourselves stepping into the shoes of Meera and actually being her. And last but not least, Manil Suri's writing style is beyond excellent, and he really grabs you in with his words. I definitely and from the bottom of my heart recommend this book for anyone who hasn't read it.😳😊

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
^^^Thanks Lalitha for the description, it sounds good! I This will be my next read😊
AnotherMiracle thumbnail
Thanks a lot for this recommendation. I just searched this book and Manil Suri's other book and I reli like them from what i've just read. They seem really really good. So i'm going to pop into my bookshop and buy these 2 books soon hopefully. Just waiting 4 my exams to finish, then i will come on and post my views. Thnx once again. x
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: VirgoVixen

^^^Thanks Lalitha for the description, it sounds good! I This will be my next read😊

You're welcome.😊 I have yet to read The Death of Vishnu, which is his next book. It sounds really good too.
ammygurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
wow...i am gonna grab a copy soon....but a tragic book?
umm..sounds...sounds...tragic..πŸ˜†..
i m very emotional...ro padungi...😭
xXx-Roshni-xXx thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for putting the Age of Shiva up for discission Mahi!
xXx-Roshni-xXx thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanx Lalitha for putting this discussion
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for everyone for your suggestions and discussions!

The new Book of the Fortnight will be up soon, but feel free to continue the discussion here.

-Mahi
AnotherMiracle thumbnail
Ok i said i will be back. I just finished reading the death of vishnu ( I decided it's best to start with the 1st book) That was really good. So i've just started reading this book, its going well so far. But once i've finished it i'll cum n talk about it more x