Suggestions to the Authors

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

I hope all of you are doing well and enjoy the beautiful weather out there! (Actually it's getting really hot 😆)

Well, here I am presenting the ...

It's time for a new Discussion. This time it's dedicated to all the readers that have some suggestions for the authors.  Many times when we are reading, we feel something's lacking, or we would've want to hear more about something.  Other times we feel like something's overdone.  Even though whatever an author writers (or even chooses not to write about) has a value, the readers give a text its own value.  So this time around you have the choice of voicing your opinions.

Please be considerate of the authors and don't say anything that could be offensive.  Although I'm pretty sure that will not happen as all of the BT Members are very sensitive and respectful.

You may choose to focus on one or two authors or authors in general.

Please be specific about your suggestions.  They might help some of the writers on the forum too!

Enjoy discussing!  

Mahi
Dev Team
Edited by -Mystery- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
I guess, I'll start.

My first suggestion would be to write some sequels.  I would love to read some sequels of some amazing books like "Elsewhere," "The Secret Life of Bees," and many others.

I also would want some authors to take the challenge and write the same book through the point of view of a different character.  I understand it's challenging but there are so many possibilities that they can explore.

I remember I had read "Beowulf" and then I read "Grendel."  It was an eye-opening experience!! Same story but from the point of view of two different characters.  One from the point of view of the so-called 'hero' of the story and one from the 'monster.'  Both  books were written by different people, but it was so worth reading both.

I'll put up some more suggestions soon.

Come on, guys, please add yours... they don't have to have big, big suggestions, just small things you wanted your authors ever to consider.

-Mahi
Posted: 14 years ago
I love it when you read a book and you feel like you are actaully there...

I love descriptive words and getting a great sense of feeling from the main character.

It brings you into thier shoes.

Will discuss more soon : )

Good topic, sometimes feedback makes you stronger : )