DLF IPL 2011 Season

DOTW: Deccan Chargers in the lead!

gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago
⭐️Discussion of the Week!⭐️

Last season the Deccan Chargers did not even make it to the semis and this season they hold position number 1!

1) Do you think Deccan Chargers deserve to be number 1? If not, who should?
2) Teams who ruled the charts last season seem to have found a place below the charts this season. Your opnion on this or it is to early to say?
3) According to the chart, do you think the Deccan Chargers will become IPL Season 2's champs?

Any other thoughts are welcome!

Love,
IPL Devt Team
Edited by gk_09 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Last season the Deccan Chargers did not even make it to the semis and this season they hold position number 1!

yes def this time it is deccan chagers, atleast i', hoping for that
now that they r 4 on 4 n r on top of the chart
i'm sure they'll keep their position till the end n finally win the match
 ohhh very eager abt the final result

2) Teams who ruled the charts last season seem to have found a place below the charts this season. Your opnion on this or it is to early to say?
i wonder abt this
looks like some miracle, but for a change this is good
i'm enjoying the change

but cant say anythign abt the reason
3) According to the chart, do you think the Deccan Chargers will become IPL Season 2's champs?

yup yup, they'll
jus wanna see them with a trophy frm SA
go dc go
go gilchrist go

i jus wanna say all th best 2 all the teams
every match is going on ineterestingly

my support 2 deccan chargers

Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: gk_09

Yes obviously...have you looked at the way they have been playing in season 2??? If they are winning matches and playing like champs obvio they deserve to win!

Yeahh...and I welcome the fact! IPL2 would have been so boring otherwise! We need every team to be competitive and capable..so that it won't become predictable like the world cricket teams are right now....teams like bangladesh n all hardly ever win...so there are no upsets....and giants like Australia are hardly ever dethroned! I'm glad its different in IPL...keeps everyone on their toes!

Well its too early to say anything because this time...apart from KKR and to some extent Banglore....all the other teams are quite strong and capable of winning but the key is consistency...the team who keeps on winning...will lift the trophy this time!

Well I'm really happy for the Chargers....last years they are isolated performers here and there...and they lost matches because of that...but this time they have a balanced team and many players who are performing...!
Kudos to them for picking up and performing so well after the fiasco last year..the ones who pick up the pieces and move on even when the chips are down are the true champs!👏

Love,
IPL Devt Team

Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gk_09

Whoever is number 1 deserves to be number 1 i feel. Saying that the other team deserved it or talking about things like luck .........simply said.....are excuses.😊
We are talking about the winners and the runner ups of last season here- Chennai and Rajasthan. For Rajasthan , the biggest problem has been the loss of shane watson- the man of the series in the previous IPL and sohail tanveer- bowler of the tournament in the previous IPL. For all the hype about shane warne's captaincy , the fact remains that a captain is nothing without the players. In the batting department, Graeme Smith isn't firing.....rather only Yusuf Pathan is firing on a consistent basis......how many matches can he make them win after all ! Talking about their bowling.....Kamran Khan is at best a decent bowler.....realistically speaking he has a long long way to go....he is wayward and lacks accuracy. Shane Warne has been below par himself .....even on spin conducive pitches. The only bowlers who have been consistent are Munaf Patel and Yusuf Pathan again. Truly speaking, Rajasthan Royals is riding on the senior Pathan...and when one player has such a dominant effect on team......and he is not the captain....it isn't good signs for the team cos cricket is after all a team sport !
Regarding Chennai super kings, captain marvel dhoni is absolutely out of form yet he is the third highest run scorer for the team. Doesn't it tell how badly the team is dependant on matthew hayden and suresh raina for their runs ! Their bowling attack lacks the zing. Balaji is doing well though but the other fast bowlers are well.....bad....gony is really bowling badly and he did prolly well in the first edition. So thats a big loss for Chennai. Their dependance on Murali is a lot.......and even though he is able to keep the run rate down, he is still not taking up wickets. That is really hurting the team.
Nevertheless having said all this,i think shane warne and dhoni do have a certain charisma, and nothing can be ruled out. So hold on to your seats tightly my dear friends and expect the unexpected !😆
I'll like to follow the wait and watch policy as of now.......too close to call !😃
Well....this IPL has got in some changes......and well as a spectator i don't welcome them all ! The so called "strategy break" has its advantages .......but again as a general spectator.....it just slows everything down.......and its kinda irritating !(though it has its advantages also !) The pitches are however bowler friendly also....specially spin friendly.......and that actually is a welcome change for me......cos i love it when the spinners have the license to flight the ball. Look at Romesh Pawar, he is one classic off spinner whom people won't have imagined in their wildest dreams to do well out here, but his loopy deliveries are just a treat to watch ! Isn't it !?😃

aish_punk thumbnail
Yeah..it's pretty amazing that they were the worste team last year n now they're playing really good..i think they deserve it bcuz they won only cuz of their hard work n performance.

Yeah..it is pretty early to say bcuz u cant really predict but i feel that RR & CSK are not playing that bad!

Yeah..maybe..or even DD..cant say..but they do have chances..😊

I just hope the best team wins..best of luck 2 all..

kavya.b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
at last they r the winners too