Advice Corner

Advice: Those Small Gestures Matter in Life!!

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Hello to all the Awesome IFians out there! 🤗

Well, I'm back with a new Advice...

Those Small Gestures Matter in Life!!

Who says it's only the biggest and most important things that matter in life? Who doesn't value the importance of a smile? a hug? a pat on the shoulder? a thank you after a favor?

All of us get so buy in life that we wait for a special day or event to say what's in our heart.  We wait and wait and life goes on until we realize one day all the things we should've said, but failed to.

Don't let that happen to you.  Do and say everything that you've had 'time' to do and say till today.  Life's always busy, a project today, so then another assignment tomorrow.  Don't wait, life's short, life's precious.

Those small gestures in life are important.  They make you happy and they make you realize that people are caring. 

Next time, some one drops his or her books, stop by to help him or her pick it up.  You might get 30 seconds late to wherever you were going, but your kindness will go a long way.

Next time, let someone join you in the long cafeteria line even if you don't know him/her.  That thank you will please you too.

Next time, go sit on the table where someone is sitting alone.  Introduce yourself and see if he/she is worried/tensed about something.  Your small gesture might bring about a good mood.

Next time, when you're getting a plate, get one for others around you as well.

Next time, when you see a familiar face, say 'Hi' even if you don't remember who he/she actually is.  Don't hide your face or pretend you're looking somewhere else.

Next time, after the dinner, say Thank You to your Mom.  Acknowledge her hard work.  Tell her you love her.  You don't need a special reason to say that.

Next time, you see your friend tell him/her that your life wouldn't have been the same without him/her.

Next time, you see your siblings, hug them and tell them that in spite of all the fights, you love them very much.

Life is short, friends, don't just let it go while you're meeting deadlines.  Take a few minutes out because those small gestures DO really matter in life!!!

Love,

Mahi
Edited by -Mystery- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Very nice post.

You are quite right.

I really agree to all you have said.
letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
that's absolutely correct. thank you😃
nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Mahi .. 👏 thnx for this 'advice' post .. we all need to hear these sorts of advice from others once in a while .. I agree to every word u have written .. will be forwarding this to my friends 👍🏼

-Mystery- thumbnail
Awww thanks, guys! I'm glad you like the 'advice.'🤗

-Mahi
aish_punk thumbnail
I agree..life should be enjoyed..but it's not alwyz possible..!

We shud respect d small things..but we cant 4get our problems..!
-Mystery- thumbnail
Originally posted by: aish_punk

I agree..life should be enjoyed..but it's not alwyz possible..!

We shud respect d small things..but we cant 4get our problems..!

Of course not, forgetting the problems is not going to take care of them.

My whole point is that most of us are so engrossed in problems and life in general that we forget that those  small things do matter in life.

-Mahi
guju_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
loved the post!.. it was great, thts so true, peepul get so busy in life tht they forget all the small things tht mean alot =)

x-Radhika
singh011 thumbnail

can u plz tell me about that
its g8............

ammygurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
this is awesum man...especially mom's part...i say i love u to her everyday...though i scream and shout at her all day like a wildcat..
but just a kiss and declaration of my love for her..makes her day!! at least she seems happy...(if not sleeping..)😛