Jo rotey rotey de hasa
Tu hi hai wahi

Jaane kyun jaane kyun dil jaanta hai
Tu hai toh I'll be all right

W E L C O M    T  

.:.I'll Be There For You.:.

~A Jagdish-Anandi Appreciation Thread~

.:.Anandi.:.

Anandi is the protagonist of Balika Vadhu , a bubbly and vivacious girl .The only child of her parents , Anandi has lots of love and affection showered on her , and leads a perfect life.However,all that changes drastically when , at the age of eight , she is married off to an equally young boy in accordance with the system of child marriage still prevalent in parts of India , and , at the age of eleven , sent to her in-laws because of her mother's fears and insecurity.Now Anandi must adjust to life in a completely different environment : new people,new relationships and heavy responsibilites , while no longer having the care and support of her parents . A monumental task for a eleven year old , but the burden is somewhat lightened because of the friendship and bond she develops with her beendh , Jagdishya .

.:.Jagdish.:.

The only boy in his family , Jagdish , fondly called Jagdishya and Jagya , is pampered and fussed over by everyone in his family , and his Dadi-saa in particular.Thus , at nine , he is as big a spoilt brat as you can ever find.But the stubborn and moody Jagya meets his match , literally and metaphorically , in his feisty lugaai Anandi , who is as pampered as him , and just as headstrong , in her own way.Jagdishya fully expects his life to be made even more difficult now , with the addition of a new enemy , but as it turns out , the nakchari chuhiya only smoothens it out , and becomes his playmate,homework-doer and best friend.

.:.Jagdish and Anandi a.k.a JaAn .:.

When Jagdishya gets married to a bandariya named Anandi from a neighbouring village,the initial euphoria of new clothes,good food and numerous gifts dies out soon when he finds out that he is expected to live with that bandariya , and take care of her , for his entire life !

And when Anandi comes to what her mother calls her saasraa,the biggest thorn in her side is her beendh Jagdishya , a nakta and akdoo bandar , who makes faces at her whenever his Dadi-saa looks the other way and in general , persists in making life hell for her.And , to top that , Dadi-saa wont even let her eat until she serves him !

A series of pranks,scoldings and tears later , a transistor and an offer to help with homework marks the beginning of the cutest relationship ever on television.Though Jagdish and Anandi are formally beendh and beendhni , their relationship is perhaps everything but that : classmates,student and teacher,in Dadi-saa's eyes Mischief-maker-in-chief and her Deputy,and best friends,of course.

For a couple whose combined ages total 25 years , Jagdish and Anandi are remarkably mature in their own way , because they stand by each other whenever the other is in trouble.This thread is dedicated to
Jagdish and Anandi , and the unique chuhiya-bandar relationship .

Edited by CeruleanSky - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

.:. JaAn's story thus far.:.

[Under construction]
CeruleanSky thumbnail

.:.Index.:.

Post # 1 : Main introduction.

Post # 2 : JaAn's story thus far.

Post # 3 :  Index ; Rules and Guidelines.

Post # 4 : Members List.

Post # 5 : Media Center.

Post # 6 : JaAn Goodies.

.:.Rules and Guidelines.:.

• The IF Code Of Conduct must be followed at all times .
  • No actor/character bashing is allowed in this thread.
  • Chatting is not allowed in this thread.The thread is only , and only for discussing Jagdish and Anandi,and not anything unrelated to them.
  • Please do not quote posts excessively , that is , not more than 2-3 times.Excessive quoting increases the bandwidth of the page , and also makes the posts difficult to read.
  •  If you have any confusion regarding the rules , please clarify your doubts with Aditi a.k.a -aditi- through PM
  • Also , if you see anyone violating the rules here , please report that member by pressing the report   button.

Thank you !!! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by -aditi- - 14 years ago
CeruleanSky thumbnail

.:.Members List.:.

Aditi / -aditi- [ 7th May ]
Shreya / CeruleanSky [ 10th April ]
RaNaMiTa [ 14th June ]
Lakshmi / lakshmim_84 [4th May ]
Samiksha / ~samy~ [ 11th January ]
Mehraan [ 8th December ]
Zainab / -Faith- [ 9th June ]
Anu / nureat01 [ 9th July ]
Shona / **Shona** [5th October]
Raj / politicallyreal [ 17th July ]
Manali / ManaliS [ 3rd October]
Aishwarya/aish_punk[7th November]
Pratiksha/gurl.enchanted [26th August]
Noodles/Noodles
Ahmed/ahmedlone
Manjari/mannjari

Note : Guys , pleej add your name and birthdate when you post here =D
CeruleanSky thumbnail
.:.Media Center.:.

[ All videos,interviews,articles and other links here ]

[ Under construction ]

CeruleanSky thumbnail
.:. JaAn goodies.:.

[ Signatures,icons/avatars,videomixes,fan fictions and allll the goods : ) ]

Note : Heya people !!! Have something on JaAn that you want to share ? PM it to either Aditi a.k.a -aditi- or me/Shreya a.k.a CeruleanSky , and it'll come up here !!! Hope we get  looooots of goodies from you =D

DesiGirlMita thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
HiπŸ˜ƒ
Pls include me..

My name is RaNaMiTa and my date of birth is 14 June 1994! 😊

Thanks for this appreciation threadπŸ˜‰
Edited by RaNaMiTa - 14 years ago
lakshmim_84 thumbnail
wow.....a JA appreciation thread............  πŸ₯³
Thanks a lot Shreya,its wonderful
btw my name is lakshmi and dob is 4th may
~samy~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Wow!! Congo Shongo!! πŸ₯³ 

Amazing Shreya...I love the pics of JaAn in the first post! πŸ˜› The song suits thm too!
πŸ‘ 

My name is Samiksha and my DOB is 11th January πŸ˜ƒ
CeruleanSky thumbnail
YAY !!! We have our AT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOOOT !!!!!!!!!!

Phirst of alllll , credits :

Aditi for the cutesy JA siggy with "A Cute Story of our nakkta bandar and chuhiya" written on it =D

Me for the header *hides muh* πŸ˜†

And Anu a.k.a nureat01 for helping me out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!