Education a requirement?

Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 14 years ago
As seen in the first epi tht archu was rejected and looked down due to her low education, is education really important in today's world? what do u guys think..if you were in the boy's place would you have accepted archana or rejected her..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blackdaughter thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
i can't say............ because i'm a girl!!! 😆 

But jokes apart, i actually don't know, I'm from Canada and having been here so long education is something that is so common that i can't think about what it is like to not have the privalage............ 😳

I'm sure if i had said no though, it would have been in a much nicer and much more sensible way instead of insulting!!!! 😡
SapnaRP thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
From a girl's practical perspective - I think it is PREFERRED but not a requirement.  The reason I say this is not for the reasons they depicted i nthe episode but rather because if you're married and happen to fall on hard times (note today's recession - at least in america), then the wife can go out and find work during hard times to help support the family.  It may not be the case for all couples, but between my hubby and I, we decided that I will work until we start a family then after the kids reach a certain age, I can decide whether i want to go back and work or not.  Basically, I think education this day and age provides a freedom to a couple where they can balance their life however they wish and can also be a setback should they need it. I do agree with the mom that being a housewife is not easy - I've learned it after getting married and boy was it a shock to realize how many little details I was not paying attention to.  My opinion - I'm in the middle. 
blackdaughter thumbnail
@Sapna: Very nicely put!!!!
cktelnet thumbnail
I am strongly Pro education for girls. I think its mandatory. Not only it gives us girls a freedom to be upright on our feet but also it gives us the required boost in times of crisis like sapna stated. Especially in today's era where women have reached space, I feel every girl must be educated. Research have proved that education makes a good mother as well.
Though I totally disagree with the fact tht one should marry a girl just on the basis of her salary. Although it is not easy to be a housewife but I have seen many women who can handle both responsibilities( home/Kitchen and work) successful especially if you have a supportive partner.
Delena-cious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
still havent watched the epi but readin the update, all i can say is that edication is not a requiement for marriage, even uneducated people too get work somehow! it all depends on experience, when the person is well experienced, then education is not necessary
Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8
well education should not be the requirement for marriage but nowadays it seems like it is one, even parents want their daughters to get educated so that they can get educated and well learned husband, working to help the family is different..but working and neglecting the family is bad..we were shown the manju (archu's bhabhi) she worked only for herself, and didnt even pay attention to her daughter let alone in laws..in such cases i think the girl only remembers tht she has studied only to fulfill her career and achieve her dreams...

It is also a good thing that girls get educated and are helpful to their husbands and families...thn again education doesnt have same importance in everywhere..

I dont blame the groom side for wanting an educated daughter in law..but they shouldnt have compared her to a servant..
blackdaughter thumbnail
@Erum: Yeah that's basically what i said too!! You just used better and more sophisticated words!!! lol, i can understand if there standards require that for their son but that gave them NO right to insult Archu!!! Grrrr....
saatphereizcool thumbnail
what happened to love being a requirement in marriage?
msindpndnt thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Education is an interesting topic.

Most parents believe a good education = more money. 
Almost like the more you study, the more money you are worth.
But living in USA, I find this is not always true.
More education does not always equal more money.
A lot of times, it is not WHAT you know but WHO you know.
Connections and networking.

I've seen people without college education making more money
than people (like me) with a good education.

Then again, it also depends on the family.