Ankita: Sushant has taught me to be professional

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Ankita: Sushant has taught me to be professional

Ankita Lokhande, last seen as Naina in Bali Umar Ko Salaam (NDTV Imagine), is now seen portraying the character of Archana in Balaji's Pavitra Rishta (Zee TV). The young girl is confident that the show will give her the break she's been hoping for in her career. She speaks to us about her big venture.

How did you land the role in Pavitra Rishta?
When Bali Umar wrapped up, I was doing some print commercials and then I was offered this show. Since I accepted, I've been really busy shooting.

Tell us something about your character.
I am playing Archana, who belongs to a very simple and middleclass Maharashtrian family. Archana is a very casual, simple, and homely girl. She loves her family and is very attached to them; she'll sacrifice anything for her family.

What inspired you to take up the offer?
It's a very different show with a very different concept. There are many family dramas airing everywhere and people want to watch new stuff. It's a very realistic show, very natural and very real. People tend to relate to the story so I took up the show.

Your character seems to be completely different from what you played in Bali Umar, how easy is it for you to play different characters?
Yes, it is a complete transformation, from a 15-year-old girl to a 26-year-old girl. It feels very nice when, being an actor; you get to play different types of characters. I can say one thing, I am improving with every scene I do. Perhaps I can even say that I am doing much better here.

Are you and your character similar in any way?
I am completely different from Archana. Unlike Archana, I've always been pampered and domineering in my family. Nature wise, I am almost like her but I am not that quite (laughs).

The show is based on arranged marriages, how far do you believe in this tradition?
I am cool with both. But there are certain things that I really like about arranged marriages. The first thing being that there's a lot of excitement when you marry a person you don't know. So the relationship after getting married is very special as the husband and wife have to really nurture it.

What kind of rapport do you share with your onscreen mom in real life?

Just like Archana, I am very close to my mom too. She's like my best friend. Savita ji, who plays my mom on the show, is also like my mother. My mom is just here for a month and Savita ji has told her that she will take care of me even after she goes.

Have you started shooting with your onscreen lover Sushant Rajput? How well do you get along with him?
Sushant Rajput plays Manav. I've already started shooting with him. He's a really sweet person to work with. He's very professional and he gives me many acting tips. He's like my teacher and helps me out with my scenes.

What response has the show got so far?
It's been awesome! I am really glad that I got an opportunity to work here.

Are you hoping this show gives you a break in your career?
Obviously! In fact, I am very sure that it will. It's such a strong character and such a wonderful show. I'll give it my best. I am sure it will help me a lot in the future.

Pavitra Rishta airs every Monday to Thursday at 9pm on Zee TV.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090603_15

• Vandana Shukla/ Hill Road Media
  • Wednesday, June 03, 2009

• Posted: 14 years ago
    [quote]What inspired you to take up the offer?
    It's a very different show with a very different concept. There are many family dramas airing everywhere and people want to watch new stuff. It's a very realistic show, very natural and very real. People tend to relate to the story so I took up the show.[/quote]

Thanks for the article. All the best to her. All shows start with a new concept and seem to lose track in the middle. I hope this show remains different to the other ones and with Manav being a mechanic, not a rich spoilt boy, it seems the story may remain fresh.
    how sweet of sushant
    thanks abi sis (:
    Originally posted by magnificent me

[quote]What inspired you to take up the offer?
    It's a very different show with a very different concept. There are many family dramas airing everywhere and people want to watch new stuff. It's a very realistic show, very natural and very real. People tend to relate to the story so I took up the show.[/quote]

Thanks for the article. All the best to her. All shows start with a new concept and seem to lose track in the middle. I hope this show remains different to the other ones and with Manav being a mechanic, not a rich spoilt boy, it seems the story may remain fresh.

thats what i liked that the boy here is from middle-class family and no one of this rich ppl😳

thanks for the article though
    wow! thnx Nivz! Sush's her teacher!! hehe
    @ Preeti: Exactly. Plus the people who are going to watch the show are most likely to be middle classed so they are more likely to relate to the show.
    wow........thanx its just awesome.....
    Thank you so much! Really appreciate this being posted in the article section as well!! *hug* =D
    very nice article ............ankita is so sweet ......

mehak ....

Nice thanks, what's her real age?