Posted: 14 years ago
Thank you Maddy....

Love
Mickey P
BittuJi. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Count me in Maddy =D
She's really pretty... and a really good actress =)
jaan 234 thumbnail
archana ke saath who larka bilkul bhi acha nahi lag raha hai jo us ki maa ne pasand kiya ...........oopar say who music baaja mujay thora gussa aaya ......................

archana very sweet ......

mehak ..........
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, she is really cute.. her name's Ankita Lokhande rite?
blackdaughter thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Yeah Raj! Check out the first page! It has some info on her! Hope that helps!! =D
CutieeMe thumbnail
pls add me i love her acting in this show
jaan 234 thumbnail
yesssssssssssssssssssssssss ......kal archana apne hero say miley gi ......................
jaan 234 thumbnail

hey archana aj rain mein bhi kitni achee lag rahi thi ....awesome superb scene ................

blackdaughter thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
yeah, you are right!!! She still looked so pretty!! And her eyes were showing so much emotion!! I thougth it was amazing!! =D
bones88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Starting afresh!

-A +A
Font
Sneha Mahadevan Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 1657 hrs IST
PrintEmailNewsletterRSS
Ankita Lokhande, who started her career with Zee Cinestars Ki Khoj, is excited about making her TV serial debut with Ekta Kapoor's Pavitra Rishta

What is your character in the show like?
I essay the role of a simple Maharashtrian girl Archana on the show. My character is very real and all girls of my age will be able to relate to her. Her first priority in life is her mother and she will go to any lengths to keep her mother happy.

Do you have any similarities in real life to your charachter in serial?
Like my character Archana I am attached to my family. Probably the only difference is that I fight a lot more with my mother off screen. Also, I wear only Indian, traditional outfits on the show , otherwise I am dressed in western attire. My look is completely different but the nature and personality traits are more or less similar.

What's your background?
I am from Indore and came to Mumbai for the first time in 2004. My stint with television began when I took part in Cinestars Ki Khoj. The show was a good experience and after that I did print ads and catalogues.

You also played the lead in Bali Umar Ko Salaam.
Yes, I was doing that serial, but it never took off. Till date, I have no idea why the show went off air. In a way I guess it was a good thing to happen because I bagged a Balaji show after that.

How is the chemistry with your co-stars?
I have a great working relationship with my on screen mother Savita Prabhune. She has been around for a long time and knows the industry inside out. She is a great source of encouragement for me and pushes me to do my best.

How are you adjusting to your hectic shooting schedules?
We are shooting day and night because we hardly have a bank of episodes. It is hectic, but then this is what I always wanted to do. Instead of complaining, I should be happy because there are so many people out there who are waiting for an opportunity to come their way.

How did your family react to you doing a daily show?
Initially, my mother couldn't come to terms with the fact that I was doing a Balaji show. She kept checking and re- confirming the news. My father didn't want me to get into acting, but after seeing my role he is very happy.

How is your relationship with Ekta Kapoor?
I had heard so much about her that I was scared when I met her for the first time. But I realised she is a warm person when I met her. She is very hardworking and extracts the best performance out of her actors. It feels great to be a part of Balaji.

Is the show's storyline similar to that of Kkusum?
Except for the relationship between the mother and daughter, Pavitra Rishta is completely different. This show is about how the protagonist Archana manages the affairs of her home single-handedly despite her lack of education. She is born in a middle class family and continues that way whereas in Kkusum the female protagonist gets married into a rich family. The story is very different.

Source: Screen India