BV - Jun 18th 2009 - Written Update

iloveidiotbox thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Highlights :  Bhairav and Basanth along with their wives support Shyam
              Maasa is forced to change her mind

Anandi and Jagya are in their room. Anandi feels that its a very good idea for Shyam to marry Suguna. Jagya doesn't think so, since he feels Suguna is still Pratap's wife. Anandi reminds him that Pratap has died and Shyam was so nice to everyone in the family. She thinks of going and talking to Suguna about this. Jagya stops her and asks her not to talk about this to anyone in the family if she didn't want to be scolded again.

Bhairav and Sumitra approach Maasa to reconsider Shyam's proposal. Maasa is apalled at this and says that Suguna is married to Pratap for 7 lives and she cannot get remarried. Bhairav tells her that when widowers can remarry, why not widows? Maasa does not agree, again bringing up society etc. Bhairav tells her to stop living based on societies' whims. He feels Shyam is a very good boy and is suitable for Suguna. Maasa yells at him that he is listening to Sumitra and is brainwashed. She says her decision is final. Bhairav and Sumitra leave sadly, bumping into Basanth on the way out. Basanth tells Maasa that he had posted some men outside the haveli to watch out for Shyam

Anandi comes to Gehna and offers to help in the kitchen. Actually she really wants to just ask about Suguna. She slowly asks Gehna about Suguna and Shyam. Gehna glares at her and tells her she doesn't know anything. Anandi presses on and Gehna tells her that she has nothing to say about this matter. When the time is right, she will tell her. Anandi again asks her when she will tell, but seeing the expression on Gehna's face, she drops it.

Gehna comes with food for Basanth. On realising that Gehna has not eaten yet, Basanth sits her down and begins to feed her himself. Gehna strokes her stomach and asks Basanth if he worries about his child. Basanth says yes. Gehna tells him that his unborn child is so lucky to have a father's love. Just the same way, Suguna's child has a right to a father's love, something that Shyam was offering out of his own will. Basanth agrees that Gehna has a point, but still hesitates due to widow remarriage, Shyam being Madan Singh's son etc. Gehna tells him that she knows he already trusts Shyam. Basanth considers Suguna to be his daughter, so she urges him to talk to Maasa and change her mind. Its the only way to save the family grace now.Basanth thinks about this. He then asks her to come with him.

Sumitra and Bhairav sit in their room, food untouched. Sumitra feels bad about the whole situation. Basanth comes there and asks Bhairav and Sumitra to come with him to talk to Maasa. Suguna was like his own daughter and he would do anything to see her happy. Sumitra and Bhairav are touched by Basanth's words. Maasa sits at the table without eating. Her sons and wives approach her. Gehna asks Jagya and Anandi to go inside. Maasa glares at Basanth and says that she was waiting her him. She was sure Gehna would brainwash him. Basanth tells Maasa to think with a cool mind. Getting Suguna married to Shyam would save the family name. Maasa reminds him that Suguna is 3 months pregnant. People will start asking questions when the baby is born 6 months later. Sumitra tells Maasa that they can request Shyam to take Suguna somewhere until the delivery and then lie that the baby was born pre-mature. Basanth starts coercing Maasa to change her mind, all the while telling her this was the best.

Maasa gets irritated. She pushes away all the dishes and tells everyone to not change God's will. It was God's will that Suguna should not be happily married. That is why she is a widow. She tells everyone that her mind is made up and she won't change her decision. She starts to walk away. Bhairav stops Maasa and tells her that this marriage will take place at any cost. Maasa may not like it, but he was ready to go against her wishes for his daughter's wishes. Maasa then reminds him that Madan Singh will not agree for this wedding. Bhairav asks her what she will do if Madan Singh agrees. He says that he is sure Shyam will be able to convince his parents. So will Maasa agree if Madan Singh agrees? Maasa is silent for a bit and then tells Basanth to fetch Shyam.

Message :  Being a widow is an accident that can be remedied only by remarriage...

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bookbrain007 thumbnail
thanks!!!!

you know i didn't expect basanth to be this nice!

Originally posted by: bookbrain007

thanks!!!!

you know i didn't expect basanth to be this nice!

i did!
sashb thumbnail
Me too...Basanth is a sweetheart these days...😛
I am again starting to feel a bit better for Sugna....I hope she agrees in this wedding and does not act stupid anymore...
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks a million Priya for such a wonderful update. Your update makes the episode more interesting to watch. I just love the way the story is going now. Basanth surely is a sweetheart nowadays.
shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thanks Priya!

wow Basanth is so sweet these days
gr8 maasa has kinda agreed to the propal!

sanw thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the lovely update

I hope shyam agrees & so does his parents
saher_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Cool update...thanks..

guys did u notice when gehna was cooking roti teh burner was off..😆