IMPORTANT: Few important changes to fight Spam - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Good idea..and very much needed...indeed this is a public forum and there is freedom of expression but rules like this will bring in a kind of control over the spamming and stuff..which sometimes gets out of control...thanks for all the work and new stuff on IF
Thanks so much for this. =)

Yeah, it gets extremely frusterating for us CC's too...when we're supposed to be going through the post and counting votes or w/e, all we see is a smiley or "cool" and it gets on my nerves.
But 150 words is too much don't you think? I'd say 40-50+ is a good amount.
Originally posted by mimi0295

Thanks so much for this. =)

Yeah, it gets extremely frusterating for us CC's too...when we're supposed to be going through the post and counting votes or w/e, all we see is a smiley or "cool" and it gets on my nerves.
But 150 words is too much don't you think? I'd say 40-50+ is a good amount.

I agree with this...150 might be a little too much....especially if it is words..
This is so useful..We defo needed it. Thank you so much GMs and Admins =)
It's a wonderful idea Priya Di :D

Originally posted by hamsee_18

I agree with this...150 might be a little too much....especially if it is words..

It is 150 characters not words.

Cheers,
Vijay
great idea...this will help the forum a lot because there are a lot of forums that have many members who write short replies like thanks add stuff...this will help a lot 😊
It's a good idea because it's help keep the forum clean... but I think 150 charactors is way too much especially in like the CC section... and it's like too much for the games in the forums... and some posts don't really require people to say much so 150 charactors would be hard for those types of posts....

I like the idea about the DEV team tagging someone as a spammer if they spam a lot. Can't the people tagged spammers be the only ones who the 150 charactor limit effects?
Edited by *xoxo* - 14 years ago
Great Idea👍🏼
this would really help members trying to read posts and not have to flip through pages of "tfs" and emoticons

I am really sorry to say this BUT this is not a good idea in any way....

I mean come on let ppl do/say what they want and feels like without being scared of u ppl,  just because u guys are the one in power does not mean u should keep telling ppl what they can and can not do all the time......

sometimes I feel like I'm back in my mom and dad's house and being told whom to be friends with and whom not to.

please when u r all busy make Rules for members do think about what will make dem happy/what will make dem keep coming to India-forum and try not to make dem feel like are back at school once again with tons of Rules........

thank u very much if u care to see my point and if not well I did try.

and good luck with whatever u all come up with in ur Rules Rule's world...

Angel.