Debate Mansion

Why you do or do not eat meat?

ashley1 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I am a hindu & I am going through an emotional struggle & confusion on this topic. I hope you guys can help me. I think its OK to eat meat because its a good nourishment for the body. My parents do not want me to eat it. They think that the body can get much better nourishment from daals, milk, yoghurt, fruits & vegetables. I've been living without meat until now & I can surely live without it forever too. Sometimes, I eat Fish or chicken. I take vitamins too. The amazing thing with Hindu Punjabis is that its considered OK for the males to eat meat  but not for the females. 

Your views please? Thanks

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angelic_J thumbnail
Well I don't know abt hindu punjabi's but if u r a sikh punjabi both of the sexes r allowed to eat meat if they wish and the reason why I eat meat is coz I find it tasty *yummy*😛
shriman thumbnail
Well... I am a Hindu and I vehemently believe that Hindus should not eat meat becaue of religious reasons and for health reasons as well...

Eating meat creats alot of problems... this is from the AMA (American Medical Association)
Aparna_BD thumbnail
Meat is very high in protein and very important for growth and very important for a woman . And there is a certain recommneded dosage of protein thats necessary for daily intake . While a small quantity can give a lot of protein , a larger quantity has to be consumed by vegetarians in the form of daal or tofu etc !!

Well i can advise you to make your own choice once you are mature enough and not under your parents wings!!
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ thumbnail
i eat meat cuz itz yummmy 😃

lolz yea i noe itz gud 4 u n all but i eat it cuz i like da way it tastes

bu i dont eat pig meat cuz being a muslim i cant
hazelgirl thumbnail
well .............anything that u enjoy eating will make u healthier no matter its meat or vegetables 😛
Stress_Fan thumbnail
Well, I don't eat meat as I dislike the fact that what I'm eating has een killed and was once live.
sugar plum thumbnail
i don't eat NV (non veg), coz i'm an animal lover and stick up for animal rights every opportunity i get... animals are being exploited to provide us with food... i guess being a vegan (vegetarian) makes me proud... 😉
Jyoti_Saroya1 thumbnail
I have never heard of sex differences concerning meat and religion!
You should do what you think is right.
ashley1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shriman

Well... I am a Hindu and I vehemently believe that Hindus should not eat meat becaue of religious reasons and for health reasons as well...

Eating meat creats alot of problems... this is from the AMA (American Medical Association)

Shriman, what health problems does meat cause. Please tell me. Thankyou