pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Discussion of the week

We are going to post one very controversial topic every week and invite your opinion on it. However I request you to follow a few basic rules

1) these are just opinions and do not reflect a person's moral/social/ idealogical values so please refrain from name calling and personal attacks

2) keep the post decent (some topics might be infuriating). rest assured they are from what we encounter in our daily life and we expect a honest , healthy and intellectual debate.

3)if you have any ideas for the topics...please forward them to the moderators.

I hope you will take this opportunity to participate in this debate without being judgemental. Open mindedness and tolerance have been the greatest asset of this forum. Also please feel free to send us feedbacks if you would like to continue with these discussions or not.

Ok let's start: Our topic for this week is

TERRORISM.....ANSWER TO WHAT ?

terrorism is a picking trend in world scenerio and most nations around the world have experienced it in some capacity. however it is very obvious to most that it results in nothing for countries or the terrorists in long run , all it does is nurture an environment of distrust and fear specially in secular countries where the the citizens are from diverse backgrounds. what are the reasons that terrorism is picking up so much steam???.....what is the solution to this problem(war, negotiations and peace talks have not helped much in the past)

LET THE DISCUSSION BEGIN.....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pyaraladki thumbnail
i don't think there is any solutions to this problem. i listen to the news and i feel fear for all these people who are being terrorized. i think it is picking up steam bcuz you never know when they will strike and out of this fear, gov'mnt of affected countries are trying to institute some form of safety measure.
HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
There is no solution or any end to the wars.... i best way to prevent it is ,
Make ur country so strong from within that outsiders feel afraid seeing our unity and hormany and bond ....
A country together can face any problem!

Edited by HUMM - 19 years ago
pyaraladki thumbnail
that is true but is there any country that is really united? there is so much animosity between citizens themselves. maybe there are places like that. does ne 1 think so?
HUMM thumbnail
That's why i said
There is no solution or any end to the wars.
A country together can face any problem!

We the people have to first unite!
Edited by HUMM - 19 years ago
pyaraladki thumbnail
what causes terrorism in the first place? what are their beliefs? why do they do it?don't they have families too?
HUMM thumbnail
Dont know why they do it!..... God give them a good mind and heart... !!!!! ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š
ides thumbnail
Solution to Terrorism.....

the solution lies not in war, not in peace talks,but only in the hearts of the world leaders (or rather those with the puppet strings)........

war and talks are just gimmics.....u think that Bush had to invade Iraq to get the Iraquis rid of the tyrynnical Saddam....was that the only thing on the agenda, they had the means to blow him up any time they wanted......

and war as means of ending terrorism is just not the thing......what do u think is the fate of most survivors of war......for every dear one who is killed, a terrorist is liable to be born.....

call me cynical, but I really dont see how the super powers can do nothing to end the terrorism.....I believe they can...only they arent because it does not suit their needs...

bas02 thumbnail

Terrorism is due to corrupt minds. I don't think there can be a solution. I agree with Ides, going to war with terrorists won't end terrorism. I personally think Bush's idea was stupid and has cost so many lives. The terrorists won't be prepared to listen to peace talks, they are more intersted in blowing up things. I don't what their reasons are for terrorsing people, but i think it is inconsiderate and completely shameless!😡

(sorry if i sound a bit frustrated)

pyaraladki thumbnail
i can understand bas02. i guess its just apart of what we have to live with in life. we can just hope for the safety of the innocent ones that are  caught in between all this.