Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johur

Want to do your own research? - Page 2

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
For now we must assume Samant singh = PRC's brother-in-law so that we don't get confused with Samar Singh, Padmini's father-in-law, as they are 100 years apart and likely to be different.

Also, Yashovardhan or Gajendra don't become the King after Ratan Singh, they both might have died in the war protecting Chittod, so Hamir Singh becomes King, but that too after 23 years of an empty throne!

Source: http://eternalmewar.in/User/Research/Ancestry/Ancestry_03.aspx

Rawal Ratan Singh
1303 A.D.

23 Year Later....

Rana Hamir Singh
1326 A.D. - 1364 A.D.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tinku29 thumbnail
thanx guys for so much info....is anybody aware of Rani Nagmati's history is she mentioned anywhere in history????????
sattvik thumbnail
Yeah, she was married to Ratan Singh and committed Jauhar with Padmini.
Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: sattvik

Also, Yashovardhan or Gajendra don't become the King after Ratan Singh, they both might have died in the war protecting Chittod, so Hamir Singh becomes King, but that too after 23 years of an empty throne!

Source: http://eternalmewar.in/User/Research/Ancestry/Ancestry_03.aspx

Rawal Ratan Singh
1303 A.D.

23 Year Later....

Rana Hamir Singh
1326 A.D. - 1364 A.D.

Straight after Khilji captured Chittor, he appointed his son (Khizr Khan) as the ruler of Chittor. He ruled for 10 years and then in 1313, Maladeva (brother to the ruler of Jalor) took control of Chittor until Rana Hamir Singh took possession.

Now, I've read contradictory passages on why Khilji removed his son and appointed Maladeva as the Governor.

One passage stated that during the decade Khizir ruled, all of Rajasthan has been brought under Khilji's domination but he never desired to rule the different States. Infact, he wanted to make alliances with them so Maladeva served Khilji loyally and showered him with 5000 horses. This greatly pleased Khilji so he appointed him as the ruler of Chittor.

Another passage I read stated that in Khilji's fury of not attaining Rani Padmini, he massacered the remaining population and destoryed numerous temples and then fled to Delhi leaving Chittor in Khizr's care. This greatly furied the Rajputs so they constantly attacked Khizr and with him not being able to resist the attacks, he fled. So Maladeva took over and ruled in Khilji's tribute until Rana Hamir came and made the state Merwar independant again.
sattvik thumbnail
The second passage seems more realistic...
Jenifer. thumbnail
I think it a combination of the two.

In the second passage where it's written "...Maladeva took over and ruled in Khilji's tribute..." I think that's where Maladeva gifted Khilji all those horses. I've read the same in other articles as well.
sattvik thumbnail
Read the same in other articles, or just read the same article over and over again?

I remember doing research on Padmini a while ago, I just ended up on loads of websites that had the same thing 😆 I guess some sites are lazy and know how to copy and paste..... 😆
Jenifer. thumbnail
No no, different articles. One article stated that he gifted 5000 horses, another stated 7000.

But I have come across websites where the information has been copied and pasted.
_Jiya_ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sattvik

Yeah, she was married to Ratan Singh and committed Jauhar with Padmini.

hey Nagmati didn't commited Jauhar

she had a hole in her heart and she died before Padmini's jauhar
sattvik thumbnail
Well she did die, but in Jayasi's padmavat, according to a few people at this forum, they say Nagmati did commit Jauhar.