Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Amit Jain who rose to fame with the show Yeh Meri Life Hai has come a long way in this industry. The actor was last seen in Mere Apne and now he returned back with Sagar Arts show Basera on Imagine.

Not many people know of why Amit choose to go ahead with Basera. He exclusively reveals the secret that, "I took up the show because of the real incident that my younger brother narrated to me."

"He stays in Delhi and when I went to meet my family, my younger brother told that he wanted to join an NGO who helps the eldest citizens in the country. The reason behind his decision was an incident which shocked me also," he states.

Elaborating on the incident, he converse, "There was a eldest couple living in Delhi whose children's settled abroad. But due to the death of the father, they came here for the cremation and also promised the mom to take her abroad with them only if she agrees to sell her property."

"The poor lady only had the support of her children and she did what they told her to do. After selling the property, they took her to the airport and left her there in miffed. She was petrified being alone at the airport. Then after some time few people from an NGO came for her rescue," he adds further.

Recently he was also moved by one such similar incident in Mumbai. "Thus when the offer of the show came to me I told my self that I have to be the part of the show and thus I went ahead with the project," he quips.

"Also the script was very catchy and my role too has different and beautiful shades that of an son, lover and a lawyer. What else can be the best for me than Basera," he concludes.

But Amit you don't need any reason when a big production house name is the brand of the show. Isn't it?

http://news.desi**fo***.net/television/indian-television-news/2019-why-amit-jain-headed-for-basera.html

pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

• After being there to give moral support for his surrogate 'sister'  Rakhi Sawant during her swayamvar, Ram Kapoor has now taken up another cause- that of environmental friendliness. Ram Kapoor sounded like Obama during his rally days as the key word of his short address to media was 'change'.

Ram said, "Change is always welcome. And even God will only wish that change happens and the society and people grow." He further added, "Change is good, but, change for the better is even better."

He also went on to talk about the eco-friendly Ganpati that they have placed in their shoot spot.

Ram also spoke about the problems that arise between parents and children due to the generation gap. He said, "Parents nowadays face many problems because their children find it hard to understand them, their difficulties and problems."

Inevitably he went on talk about Basera, his new show  on NDTV Imagine that deals with the issue of indifferent off springs. Ram said, "We have seen a lot of saas-bahu shows. So now its time to watch Basera, which deals with problems faced by mothers and fathers."

Basera is aired at 9:30 pm all through weekdays on NDTV Imagine.

Reporter: Ashima Mishra
    Author: Susan Jose
Source-Telly buzz
niveditha thumbnail

The 'Kiss' that made Amit Jain go pink...

Recently, while shooting for a very intimate shot with Priya Bhatija for Imagine's Basera, Amit Jain got very shy and in ...

niveditha thumbnail
Amit Jain becomes a brahmachari

Amit Jain, who plays lawyer Shantanu in Basera, is staying a
brahmachari for three months on his pandit's advice, in the hope of
finding real-life romance.

The actor tells us, "Yes, my pandit has told me not to fall in love
for three months, so I am staying away from girls. He had told me this
earlier and I didn't pay attention to it, and my heart was broken in
love. But this time, I have decided to follow his advice."

Amit says he's doing this in the hope of finding his ladylove. "It is
difficult to follow it as there are so many beautiful girls around but
two months have gone by. I am still waiting for love so I am staying a
brahmachari until next month," he says. "My pandit has also told me to
help the needy or poor. And my dad says that whatever work you do, you
must do it with your whole heart." The actor refused to talk about his
past relationships.

On screen, however, Amit's character is certainly no brahmachari. The
actor recently had to do a salsa dance scene with Priya Batija (who
plays Nandini) in which he had to kiss her neck. He says, "We both
refused at first because we are from cultured families but the
creative team explained to us about the importance of the romantic
track and we agreed to it."

We wish Amit for his onscreen and offscreen romances.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090902_8
niveditha thumbnail
What made Amit and Priya blush

Amit Jain and Priya Bhatija recently had to shoot a sensuous and romantic salsa and waltz dance sequence for their show Basera on NDTV Imagine.

The sequence was to have Amit (as Shantanu) kiss Priya's (as Nandini) neck. An embarrassed Amit initially refused to shoot the scene as he felt uncomfortable kissing someone on screen and it took the production house all their powers and a good amount of time to convince him to do it.

The actor says, "Both Priya and I were quite embarrassed and hesitant to do the kiss. I have never kissed anyone on screen before and I felt awkward. My family is very Indian and old-fashioned, so I asked the director to change the sequence. Also, my co-star Priya is married, which made things even difficult," he says. "The director and the creative producer from Sagar Arts came to me and finally convinced me to do the sequence. We resumed shoting after an hour or so as it was a very crucial sequence."

Priya adds, "We did not know earlier that the sequence would require Amit to kiss me and get so close to me. I was hesitant as I felt uncomfortable doing the steps. And the outfit I was wearing was kind of revealing, so I became even more conscious thinking how my family and in-laws would react to the whole scene."

Director Naresh Malhotra says the scene was a dream sequence and eventually turned out as one of the best on the show. He says, "Salsa is a beautiful form of dance. Yes, Amit and Priya were hesitant initially but after making them understand the importance of the scene, they both agreed to do it."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/September/News_20090901_6
niveditha thumbnail

'I am not the head, neither the tail' - Ram Kapoor

Ram Kapoor, the ideal gentleman of small-screen, on a tete-e-tete with Telly Buzz…

niveditha thumbnail

Pallavi reveals it all

AMRITA MULCHANDANI , TNN 8 September 2009, 12:00am IST
Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Text Size: |
Remember Gauri in the television show Karam Apna Apna, the character that Pallavi Subhash played with effortless ease? Simple and warm, Pallavi
Pallavi Subhash
was in town to promote her new show Basera.

"I have no problem if people still associate me with Gauri and not Pallavi. Rather, I am happy that they still remember me by my character," says Pallavi who has heard about Teen Darwaja in Ahmedabad and wishes to go there. Like the other actors who have come to the city for the first time, Pallavi has heard a lot about the Gujarati thali and wishes to sample it.

Pallavi is back on the small screen as Ketaki Sanghvi along with her onscreen beau Ram Kapoor. This is the second time they are going to be paired against each other. "Contrary to what I heard about Ram from others, I found him very down-to-earth. What's more, he is quite jovial and a prankster too. He is so notorious on the sets for his wit that I have never seen him acting seriously. We have a lot of fun together. He has never made me feel that he is my senior," says Pallavi who debuted in the TV show Tumhari Disha.

Pallavi shares a good rapport with Ekta Kapoor. Sharing her experiences of their first meeting, she says, "When Ekta had offered me Karam... I had refused it. She then called me to her office and asked me what the recipe of Misal pav was. After I told her the recipe, she ordered it for everyone. While having the pav, she offered me the role again. I agreed. Since then she calls me 'Misal pav'." Pallavi adds, "I had heard that she is very rude but I find her to be a friendly and a nice person. I am thankful to her that she trusted me and gave me such a big break. She has changed my life completely — I owe my name and fame to her."

Acting, according to Pallavi, happened by sheer chance. "I completed my BCom and wanted to pursue law but I got an offer in a play. I liked it and my family also supported me. So I went ahead with it. I then worked in Marathi films," says this Mumbaiker.

Pallavi believes that a well planned diet and gymming helped her attain an hourglass figure and a radiant skin. "When I was a student, I used to hit the gym regularly. But now I don't get much time. And I prefer only home-made food," says the actor who loves to cook, sleep, surf the internet, and read Robin Sharma's works. And she reveals that she makes mouth-watering biryani.

On a personal front, Pallavi is seeing that 'someone special' but doesn't want to talk about him. "Wait till the next year and you will come to know about everything," she says.

Seems like the lady in love is going to reveal her Prince Charming's name in style.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Pallavi-reveals-it-all/articleshow/4982177.cms
niveditha thumbnail

Priya Bhatija Shah indisposed..

Priya Bhatija Shah has taken ill with a severe throat and stomach infection...

AS.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=5447

Gurdeep Kohli was offered the role opposite Ram Kapoor in NDTV Imagine's Basera. However, the actress decided to give it a miss for few reasons. Check out..

We all know that Pallavi Subhash and Ram Kapoor play a couple, in NDTV Imagine's Basera. But not all know that Gurdeep Kohli, who took over from Prachi Desai as Bani in Zee TV's Kasamh Se was the first choice for the role.

However, the actress who gained fame and recognition thro' Sanjeevani refused to do the role.

Says Gurdeep, "Basera was a subject where I had to start from the point where Kasamh Se ended. Another striking similarity was that I was to be paired opposite Ram Kapoor again, and there was a possibility that the youngsters who played my kids in Kasamh Se could be roped in to play my kids in Basera too".

"I did not find anything different and interesting in the subject too. Hence I decided to give it a miss", reveals the actress.

Gurdeep who has had a successful career in television starting from Sanjeevni, to Sindoor Tere Naam Ka to Kasamh Se is looking for some interesting work on television. "All the shows I have been part of have been hits. Even today, people recognize me for the role I did in Sanjeevni. Same is the case with Sindoor, which created a 7.30 pm slot on the channel. Kasamh Se as all know, was very popular. I want to work, but I want something really different. Till then, I am happy taking care of my home", quips Gurdeep.

Gurdeep who is married to Arjun Punj is also planning to extend her family. "Yes, we are planning to extend our family. Let's see. As of now, I am happy being a responsible house wife. I cook various dishes, take care of my home and am also engrossed in painting. So all this keeps me on my toes", she concludes.

We hope that Gurdeep gets the meaty role that she desires for!!

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh