Harry Potter

A James and Lily Story- Fan Fic

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi Everyone,

Its been a really long time since I posted a fan fic or even attampted to write anything actually, and I've had this idea flioating around in my head apparently. I didn't know it was in there until I started typing and it just started flowing from there😆. I have no idea how long or short its going to be, but as usual I'm welcome to ideas of how you would want me to continue (if you want me to continue😊).

So please read and comment. It all depends on you all if I continue!😊 

The First Date

Anxiously waiting at the Gates to the castle, James discreetly checked his appearance. His robes appeared to be clean, at least no visible signs of stains were available and the edges all seemed to be in tact. Checking the golden watch his parents had given him for his seventeenth, the nervously watched the castle doors again.

"Don't show nerves, and try not to be your usual self" Those words of sage-like advice going through his head. Remus had better be right, because he had chosen to follow his advice over Sirius' of " Just don't look at that absolutely gorgeous Seeker from the Ravenclaw team so that she sees." Although come to think about it, that was also a piece of pretty useful advice.

But Sirius need not have worried, because as he saw Lily walking down the front steps to the castle he thought that no other girl on Earth could compare to the beauty that was Lily Evans.  She wore a bright red skirt with a form fitting white cardigan, under the open front black robes .Lily nervously walked towards James and gave an timid half smile as she drew near.

" Er.. you look really nice Lily" , James hoarsely said. "Shall we go?"

With a nod of her head and a soft smile, Lily indicated yes. They walked together in companionable silence for a short distance as they made their way towards Hogsmeade. They had purposefully left a little bit later than the rest of the school so as to avoid the curious eyes of many people. And this pairing would have definitely had the school's gossip channels busy- the ultimate prankster with the rule abiding Head girl.

"So where are we going?" Lily asked after a short while. "Three Broomsticks?" she asked, her eyes saying that somewhere a little more private and out of the limelight was preferable.  James immediately caught the inflection and hastily adjusted his plans, because he did in fact intend to take her to the Three Broomsticks.

"Well, I was thinking that we could get some food stuff at the local market and go for a picnic up by the hill. The view there is beautiful and the day is so lovely, it would be a shame to waste it indoors." he invented widely.

Lovely? Did I actually say the day was lovely and the view beautiful? James inwardly groaned as he thought about his words. Lily however seemed most pleased by the thought that James appeared to have put in to the date and smiled broadly at him.

"That sounds like a fantastic idea! I've never been up on the Hill in all my visits here!"

Surprised by her reaction, James realized that his altered plans, did in fact sound a lot better than sitting all day awkwardly in Three Broomsticks surrounded by prying eyes. However, being the suave guy that he wanted to portray, he refrained from letting out a sigh of relief. However, out of the corner of her eye, Lily scanned his expression and suspected the truth. She said nothing, because as hard as it was to believe, James had actually grown on her this year. He no longer seemed to be the juvenile imp who disrupted classes and teased others. He somehow seemed to have matured this past year, which Lily was slow to admit, made him a little more appealing to her. Even his friends, seemed to be a little less arrogant and snobbish to her eyes, or maybe her judgment of them had always been coloured by her intense dislike for James himself.

Remus was actually a very kind, intelligent boy, whilst Peter, the most unlikely of that group was shy and reserved. Sirius however, she still reserved judgment on. Though James and him were the closest of the group, Sirius off- handed comments and seemingly callous actions and pranks caused her to think twice. Also his personal background called for some suspicion in these dark and trying times. His brother seemed to be the poster boy for Voldermort support, so Lily continued to withhold further judgment to his character until she knew him better. Besides James seemed to trust him, and he seemed to be as about anti-Voldermort as they came, so maybe Lily thought that she had just misunderstood Sirius.  In any event, if this relationship with James was to progress further than this first date, she would have to get to know his friends better.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Great story Shelly! I LOVE the descriptions you used and the way James changed their plans was sweet. :-) I reeaalllly hope you'll continue!
muffins2waffles thumbnail

Fantastic work Shelly! I really love this story, it's sweet and addicting :) The way James changed his plans was so cute...can't wait for more, keep it up!

missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hiya Shelly
Fantastic start
Great to read a James-Lily FF
Loved those titbits of advice from Remus/Sirius - very realistic
James was very cute, changing his plans
Please continue soon
Love TJ
fly_chick thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome start Shelly
Please do carry on- looking forward to reading more.
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
It's really good, Shelly! As always :) I especially liked how you portrayed James's nervousness.... very realistic :D Do carry on!
-Sana thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great story! Please continue and i agree their nervousness makes them sound so cute such a nice couple! -sana<3
sareeta thumbnail
I was looking for more , even if it is part 1... please continue soon...
Eloquent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Heyyyyy soooo AWESOME to see an L/J fic in this forum after such a long time!!!!!1

They are my second fav couple!!!! I'll surely read this later as I have no time right now...but please do continue!!! The rarity of fics on this couple in this forum only should make you continue!!!
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the beautiful comments everyone! I was having a bad day and they made me smile, so to repay the kind favour you all bestowed upon me, here's a quick update to the story.

I have a request: In your reviews please let me know if you want the story to contain some drama or do you wish it to remain light hearted? Your responses will determine what the next installment will be.!

On another note: Sorry that this part is a little tedious

"So you've never been up to Hogsmeade Hill?" James asked good naturedly, shaking Lily away from her thoughts and back to the present.

"Well, no.., the Shrieking Shack is up on the Hill isn't it?"

" I guess, it is. I've never really paid much attention to it to be honest. The guys and I like the quiet up there. I don't really think that there is a ghost up there anywhere, I've never seen it. And really, can any ghost be more scary than the Bloody Baron?!" James exclaimed laughingly trying to draw the subject away from the inhabitants of the shrieking Shack which in his nervousness, James had inadvertently babbled about.  He had to be careful, around Lily, he somehow became too loose lipped and Remus wouldn't be to pleased if he revealed "his furry little problem".

"I guess not" Lily laughingly agreed.  James exhaled the breath he had been holding and drew the conversation into the latest assignment they had been given in Potions yesterday.

"That Slughorn, really is a charmer isn't he?" James quipped and Lily smiled knowingly in response.

Soon, stocked up with an assortment of fruits, candy and desserts obtained from the local market, Lily and James made their way up the Hill heading for the large oak tree a short distance away from the Shrieking Shack.  From time to time, James held out his hand to Lily to help her with the more tricky trails up the Hill. On a particularly steep trail that James helped Lily maneuver, seemed to have forgotten to release hands and they continued along the height hand in hand. Lily at one point, shyly observed, that their hands fit perfectly with each other.  Conversation flowed fluidly between the two, who had both worried that they would be at a loss for words

Soon enough they reached the top of the hill, Lily laughing warmly at the story James was telling about being locked out the dormitory by Sirius, while he was only wearing a towel. James was smiling broadly, and only too late did they realize that they weren't the only ones who wanted a little privacy up on the Hill. It was too late to sneak back unnoticed as the group presently sitting under the oak tree turned at the sound of voices.

James smile immediately turned to a scrowl and Lily had a look of shock on her face.