Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: angelic_devil

already edited. just loook before u leap.

I wrote that post before you edited it out. Furthermore, editing isn't going to change anything. Moreover, it's totally up to me what post I would like to put and what not.

i am not going to fall prey to u bait.

Oh, my, how gracious. All the best with your mission. 👍🏼
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
*viewbies note: Everyone needs to calm down here a bit here. There is no need to make generalizations and accusations of any gender here. Before posting please reconsider how your words may sound. Even if you do not mean it, it may appear derogatory towards a gender. Cut back on the snide remarks too. I am expecting everyone to be more respectful to each other*
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

I wrote that post before you edited it out. Furthermore, editing isn't going to change anything. Moreover, it's totally up to me what post I would like to put and what not.

Oh, my, how gracious. All the best with your mission. 👍🏼

sure u r given a mind to think so u can think hands to type so type. and as far us quoting a msg is concerned the same thing applies to u which i said to souro.
Lets say women ought to get a certain amount of reservation. Now what happens.

When there is no reservation a person knows that they got a job on merit. When a woman gets a job, how will she know if she got it on her potential or because the company had to fill up the female reserved posts?

When posts are filled by merit, people know what they need to do to compete for promotions, raises and personal growth. If less qualified women are being given jobs to fill reserved posts, how are these women to know what is the required level of competency to grow within the company?

When a person is hired on merit, they get respect by coworkers as an equal and looked up to by their subordinates? When you know someone could potentially get a post simply due to being a certain gender or color, how can you know that they deserve the respect that comes with the post? No man woman or child respects someone who gets undue benefits.

When education and social development is the primary focus, you slowly reach out to rural backward communities. However, when you only reserve certain amount of seats - how will you reach these backward communities. Will the rural girl be allowed an opportunity by her family to even apply for the posts? Even if she does and has inner potential, will she have the educational and social backing to be competitive in comparison to urban women who may have less potential but more access to education and employment?

Why reservation? Why not an anti-discrimination law and a strong legal system that prohibits discrimination on age, religion, gender, marital status, caste, race, national origin, sexual origin or whatever. Every business and government organization should be expected to hire the most competitive and most qualified candidate. The company will face severe consequences if they discriminate against or harass any qualified woman or man?

See if you say 50% seats are to be reserved for women - a politician or corrupt official can fill the seats with their female relatives ignoring better candidates and still comply with the law. With anti-discrimination policy such nepotism is illegal. The posts will only be filled with qualified candidates - be it a man or a woman.

Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

and i am asked for proof and sources as for the discrimination.

firs of all let me just clarify. the main concern over here is about the rural areas and a lot of backward minded people of lower middle class living in urban areas. these people constitute the major part of the population of india.

i am in no way saying stop free education to girls and just give reservation. but this education is only till 12th std. can u imagine a guy getting a good job let alone a girl based on this qualification? i dont think so. just educating and not giving a job is of no use. people who r backward minded enough to not spend money on girl's education, how likely is it for them to allow girls to work? in such a case should  reservation not be given?

is there still not prejudice in offices over hiring a girl over a guy? agreed it may not be so much in metros but what abt the small towns and villages?
if i  know after getting education i wont be able to fetch a job easily and i will have to first revolt in my house, then try really hard to get a job as people in my town r prejudiced towards giving jobs to girls then would i wish to study? no.
the obvious lure for parents to actually give their girls education would be giving them jobs.

now abt a handful of people mis using reservation- just bcoz some people may misuse it we cannot over look the welfare of major population of a country. there should be strict laws while giving a job. ask for documents of family income, take aptitude tests, give more jobs to girls from rural areas. i am not saying there should not be laws for conpulsary education, to abolish any sort of discrimination but we all know that these dont work in india, there are really no complains nor any actions taken.

so i am in favour of giving education to women but also reservation to make them self reliant.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

When education and social development is the primary focus, you slowly reach out to rural backward communities. However, when you only reserve certain amount of seats - how will you reach these backward communities. Will the rural girl be allowed an opportunity by her family to even apply for the posts? Even if she does and has inner potential, will she have the educational and social backing to be competitive in comparison to urban women who may have less potential but more access to education and employment?

Why reservation? Why not an anti-discrimination law and a strong legal system that prohibits discrimination on age, religion, gender, marital status, caste, race, national origin, sexual origin or whatever. Every business and government organization should be expected to hire the most competitive and most qualified candidate. The company will face severe consequences if they discriminate against or harass any qualified woman or man?

This is exactly what I was trying to say. And previous experiences with reservation shows us that ultimately it benefits only a few, the first movers who had the means to grab the opportunity.
If we succeed to educate 100% of men and women and have strong laws in place to see that no discrimination takes place, then the ratio of male and female workers will automatically become equal. And I find that method better than creating an artificial equality by forcibly taking candidates ignoring their merit just because one has to fill up the reserved seats.

sonur15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Reservation for women .😕 nooooo never ..Girls r doing fine in cosmopolitans cities .What about a deserving students .Then where will  the real  talent / deserving student go? Women r  financially independent even in villages also THE ONLY problem is in villages r about their rights and condition thats all. Sorry but im against these reservations.
delete

Edited by angelic_devil - 14 years ago

is there still not prejudice in offices over hiring a girl over a guy? agreed it may not be so much in metros but what abt the small towns and villages?
if i  know after getting education i wont be able to fetch a job easily and i will have to first revolt in my house, then try really hard to get a job as people in my town r prejudiced towards giving jobs to girls then would i wish to study? no.
the obvious lure for parents to actually give their girls education would be giving them jobs.

now abt a handful of people mis using reservation- just bcoz some people may misuse it we cannot over look the welfare of major population of a country. there should be strict laws while giving a job. ask for documents of family income, take aptitude tests, give more jobs to girls from rural areas. i am not saying there should not be laws for conpulsary education, to abolish any sort of discrimination but we all know that these dont work in india, there are really no complains nor any actions taken.

But why not just focus on anti-discrimination laws. You prevent corruption as well as prevent the situation where a rural business picks a less qualified guy over a woman. With reservation - you are putting twice the amount of effort with half the result.

so i am in favour of giving education to women but also reservation to make them self reliant.

But how does it make women self reliant? How will it gain women the respect she deserves in the workplace? How will she know if she got the job on merit or not? How will she know where she stands competitively?