Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah

Shocking Truth behind smiling Daya ben

Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 14 years ago
Her attire, her quirk and her voice have become the trademark of the show tarak mehta ka oolta chashma. Today, Daya ben is the name that is enough to bring a smile on your face.

The funny lady herself unfolds the story of her making, "My character evolved gradually. Once I was discussing my character with Dilipji. I suppose he had an idea that I can produce voices. So he made me read my lines in different voices and he approved of this one." Daya's personality is incomplete without mentioning her laughter. "I had heard someone laughing in that manner, I found it funny so I incorporated it in my character by exaggerating it," she shares.

Hats off to her! It is not easy for any artiste to carry the made-up voice for extremely long hours of shooting. But we have seen her talking, screaming and singing in the fake voice that is very much not hers

"Initially I use to experience pain in my throat but now I am use to it. I use to drink warm milk to cure the pain," she imparts.

Initially people did criticize her grating voice calling it irritating, but today the same voice tickles our funny bone

source : http://www.realbollywood.com/news/2009/07/daya-ben-shocking.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pisces25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the article.
😆 i love daya ben she is so funny and ya hats off to her for pulling all those voices.
binie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wow...thanks.... and yaa she is very hardworking person!!!!!! great job Disha......😊